How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-03-2006
front row

Yeah.. i definately like using videos... especially in winter when its too freaking cold to step outside and go to the gym!

umm... I would recommend the only two that i have tried out so far:

- Cindy Crawford workout video (she has done several but this is her first one)! its really really good, with weights and all and her body is def. a motivation!!!

-At a sale I found this Mtv home video workout video of Pilates with Kristin McGee and its really good. Most of the things are just like in my pilates course i take and so i also recommend this one!

08-03-2006
front row

Yeah.. i definately like using videos... especially in winter when its too freaking cold to step outside and go to the gym!

umm... I would recommend the only two that i have tried out so far:

- Cindy Crawford workout video (she has done several but this is her first one)! its really really good, with weights and all and her body is def. a motivation!!!

-At a sale I found this Mtv home video workout video of Pilates with Kristin McGee and its really good. Most of the things are just like in my pilates course i take and so i also recommend this one! There are 3 other people apart from her that show the moves for each category: beginner, medium and advance!!

08-03-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu
^

Thanks Ta Ta! Do you know the name of the viedeo?
no i don't..but i'm seeing her tonight so i'll find out tonight for you..and me..lol

rising star

Thanks guys!

11-03-2006
windowshopping

I am what they call a "Vidiot"...
Use exercise DVDs almost entirely for my workouts. (I run sometimes, too.) I do Cathe Friedrich or The Firm most times, but lately I've done Turbo Jam and Tracie Long Training workouts. Turbo Jam is a combination of kicboxing and dance while Tracie Long Training workouts focus on functional fitness, which is lots of core work. I'm also very fond of Rodney Yee's Yoga Burn. I'm sore every time I use it.

Yoga Booty Ballet is a popular series. They're a combination of yoga, ballet and various forms of dance. I only have Hip Hop Abs, Pajama Time and AM Latte so far, but I think I'll try more of them. They're actually fun.

Here are some sites to help you in your search for more info:

http://www.videofitness.com -- Tons of reviews here. Plus, they have a very active message board.

http://www.collagevideo.com -- Collage sells workout videos. They have 60 second clips of everything they sell. An excellent way to preview before deciding what to get.

http://www.beachbody.com -- They sell Turbo Jam and Yoga Booty Ballet.

http://www.firmdirect.com -- Site for The Firm series of workouts.

http://www.cathe.com -- Cathe's site. Her workouts are mostly advanced, but she has a few easier titles available, too.

Use the above sites to try and figure out what DVDs/types of exercise you would like to do. Then start downloading some you would like. There is no need to waste your time on workouts that you might hate. I hope this helps.

06-04-2006
V.I.P.

I love Tae Bo videos! I don't do them all the time but once in a while I'll pop the tape in and well I think it's fun but challenging. I sure do feel like I've gotten a great workout when I'm done double time

|/mirror queen\|

The one´s i heard that are good are:

Bodypump
Ministry of sound
Davina´s
Charlie Brooks

Never tried even one, but read a lot of good reviews on them in another forum.

trendsetter

If you are going for a pilates workout, I recommend the Crunch Gym's Ab, Butt and Thigh video. It spends about 10 minutes on each area and is pretty challenging! I've noticed results in just 3 weeks! Its kind of relaxing at the same time as well.

trendsetter

My sister owns MILLIONS of videos. I think I will start using them.

06-11-2006
rising star

Exercising dvds?
Hello everyone, am just curious what exercising dvd do you have and which exercising dvd has worked best for you?I bourght kates cardio combat,enjoyed it for a while but soon got very bored of it,thats why i would like some guidance to pick a really good enjoyable workout.
Also please dont buy hollyoaks workout there a waste of time(i should of known that before i bourght the dvd) haha

Eat me, drink me

We have Slim in six (Debbie something, I can't remember her name), and it's ok. Billy Blank's Tae bo ones are the most fun, I think.

rising star

cheers, will look them up;.)

Storm & Sommer

angelfacex please remember to do a search before starting a new thread

pinterest : hanneonpin
08-11-2006
V.I.P.

I'm looking for something more high-energy, Britney Spears-type dancey videos.... even a dance instruction tape! Any suggestions?

08-11-2006
Storm & Sommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushka_BeLLa
I'm looking for something more high-energy, Britney Spears-type dancey videos.... even a dance instruction tape! Any suggestions?
Maybe not the dancing you were thinking off..
but here's a thread : http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ing-28110.html

pinterest : hanneonpin
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dvd, workout or fitness