How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-01-2005
windowshopping

World's Best Undetectable Cosmetics?
Hello. I am a young man who has several skin problems and who needs to look good for his job. However, I cannot have ANYONE suspect that I am wearing makeup. What would some of you say is the world's best completely undetectable cosmetic for men? All I am looking for is just ONE product, like a foundation/concealer, that won't rub or sweat off and will make my skin look great WITHOUT looking like makeup. Not too much to ask, huh? I don't want to buy 18 products, just one but not more than two. I don't have time to put a million things on my face every day.

All advice is sincerely appreciated!
ihbrcw

PS: Does anyone here know what male hollywood celebs actually use? That would be great!

Last edited by ihbrcw; 05-01-2005 at 08:44 AM.

05-01-2005
front row

I use colour id from lancome and it's not very 'obvious'. but it would really help to know what skin-problems you have to choose the right product, and it's also very important to use the right colour.

05-01-2005
Storm & Sommer

Laura Mercier Foundation you can get it in oil-free and moisturizing versions.

Whats good about LM Foundation imo is that it is highly pigmented and contains a unique light-reflecting ingredient to create a "soft focus" appearance.
You do need to wear LM's primer underneat it tho'..so thats 2 products

Another idea if you are fair skinned would be to use a self tan lotion..it wont hide your skin problems but it will make them stand out less.

If your skin problems are generally more in patches than all over your face you might want to try Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage.

pinterest : hanneonpin
06-01-2005
front row

A year-old Issue of Nylon for Guys (#3) featured a line of cosmetics for men by JP Gaultier - called Jean-Paul Gaultier le male. It's available at Nordstrom and priced between $16-42. They have a sheer, matte bronzing powder, a concealer pen with a black liner at the end, and a roll-on lip balm, etc.

So she's pulling out the pin

- Elvis Costello
06-01-2005
front row

Also, if you use a light touch, you can get away with wearing just about any brand of concealer and tinted moisturiser.

So she's pulling out the pin

- Elvis Costello
06-01-2005
backstage pass

Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Beau Male line isn't designed for subterfuge. They have an eyeliner pen. However the bronzer could work for a highlight or so.

However Kevyn Aucoin's Skin Enhancer is a fine choice for general coverage. However if you want a more refined look then one item isn't going to give such results.

Also a tinted moisturizer might be something to look into as well.

Charles Baudelaire
06-01-2005
front row

The question I have is what are your skin problems? Someone said that you can cover up just about any problem without it being detectable. I think it depends. If you have a lot of elevated bumps, it's extremely difficult to cover them up without being able to tell you're wearing make up, for that IU don't know what to tell you.

I've heard a lot of good stuff about bare minerals (espeicially when it comes ot blending), but I've never used it, so I don't know. If you're problem is more with redness/large pores/shallow scarring my suggestion is use a full coverage foundation, but mix it with a light moisturizer...use all over your face and DON'T FORGET TO BLEND INTO YOUR NECK. When you're all properly blended you can use a green powder (yes they make this stuff) to mask any redness...if you use it sparingly and make sureto buff properly you won't get that "I just powdered my nose" look. You can use this and or a lightweight translucent powder to "freshen up" during the day. REMEMBER your creases. The areas where make up tends to cake...around the nose is a big one.

Hope that helps!

Em

10-01-2005
windowshopping

Hello all. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back on. My only real skin problems are that I have oily, blemished skin. I also have problems with my pores. I am ugly, and am going to have some "extreme makeover" type work (face, teeth, skin, body, style, etc.) done in a few years, once I can afford it, but for now I just want to keep myself well groomed and keep my face from looking too hideous.

Can anyone here do some "expert research" on the concealer and foundation from Studio 5Ive (www.studio5ive.com) for me? They are advertising their products as COMPLETELY undetectable, but I am always cautious when ordering ANYTHING. If anyone can help, I would REALLY appreciate it.

Furthermore, I wanted to make a comment on that post regarding men's cosmetics. I am straight (I don't know if I am the only straight male poster on here), but I think it's crap that so many people here are holding men up to such double standards. Personally, I would only wear something like a concealer to hide my skin problems. It would have to look totally natural. I would never wear anything else (unless I was a model, and if a professional was putting it on, and of course, if it looked natural), but I don't think it's appropriate to put down guys who choose to use makeup. We all need to look good, for one reason or another.

11-01-2005
V.I.P.

Cargo One Base- very very natural looking concealer and foundation product in one

Otherwise mineral makeup (bare escentuals, jare iredale, etc) is great for those with oily, blemish-prone skin

For product information, see sephora.com

11-01-2005
Storm & Sommer

Never heard of Studio 5Ive.

There was one question I wanted to ask..you do plan on visiting the make up counter of the product of your final choice ..right?
Because that is essential for finding a perfect match that wont show on your skin.
Have them apply it to your face..and do walk outside and judge the result in daylight BEFORE you buy the product/s

pinterest : hanneonpin
11-01-2005
V.I.P.

Almay's line of concealer is pretty unobvious, as well as a dab of Labello REGULAR lipbalm and a bit of clear mascara from MAC.

24-01-2005
windowshopping

Hey again all. Just wondering if anyone here could also take a look at or inform me of their opinions of:

Menaji - Apparently made by a male celeb makeup pro, but I don't have any unbiased info.

Models Prefer - I saw some infomercial about this product the other night, but again, no unbiased info. Apparently they make a foundation that matches all skin colors/tones.

4VOO - Marketed to men, supposed to be like Menaji, but no unbiased info and I have also heard that it can be cakey.

Thanks!

31-01-2005
backstage pass

Menaji is a fairly well-known line catering for men who wish to use cosmetics exclusively for coverage.

I do not know the second one, and 4VOO is the same as Menaji.

I've never used either but apparently they offer fine items but it depends on one's skin chemistry.

Charles Baudelaire
05-02-2005
windowshopping

Thanks!
Thank you all very much! I just ordered a Menaji stick, I'll let you know how it turns out.

ihbrcw

08-02-2005
trendsetter

If i were you i'd try Dr.Feelgood by Benefit, it's transparent (it looks like wax, but its not at all greasy). It has a mattening effect on the skin and leaves it absoloutly silky smooth and hides away pores. It's a good base for a concealer or powder too.

I bought myself a new pot of it today, its good stuff, i highly recommend it.

P.s it smells great too :p

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cosmetics, undetectable, world