How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-12-2010
front row

i love bikram but i have I need SERIOUS help with one of my poses I go to my yogi and they work me over through it after the class but its not a physical barrier..its a mental thing!

I cannot for the life of me do padangustasana!!!! I for some reason back out half way down and stop, when i go from tadasana down into it...im having big problems trying to do it in one fluid motion.

So upsetting, ive been doing bikram for 2 years for crying out loud!! ARGH

Anyone help!!??

24-12-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
I've just begun doing Kundalini yoga and its great! I love that it mixes a bit of a workout with meditation and spiritual. It seems to me to be the best of both. I wanted to practice a type of yoga where I felt like I got a workout but also was able to get an inner perspective on myself too. Now I am wondering, why I didn't start sooner! My mum is quite happy to see that she finally rubbed off on me, she's been doing yoga for years now and even goes on retreats too, I guess mother really does know best!
Oh yeah I love kundalini too. i like Maya Fiennes dvd for beginner entry level. The music is a bit too much, but its easy to follow and gives a good workout. Meditation is also included.

25-12-2010
fashion icon

Thanks Georgi... I will check the Maya Fiennes dvd out. I love having a yoga teacher though, it almost seems more relaxing having a teacher in the room with you rather then a dvd but I think their are times where a teacher might not be available. Also, I was wondering what sort of music they listen to when they do yoga?

26-12-2010
front row

Anything Enigma or Deep Forest!! ^^

(sorry for butting in ) ehehe they're my favourite.

fashion icon

No... thanks Juicy! Any suggestions are always welcome!

29-12-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
Anything Enigma or Deep Forest!! ^^

(sorry for butting in ) ehehe they're my favourite.
Oh yeah Enigma would be great!! Also, Liquid Mind is very spiritual!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLUbALmzo24

03-01-2011
V.I.P.

Anybody got some tips on relaxing yoga dvds?

V.I.P.

ive done yoga in the past.. for about 4 years then stopped. Havent done any for about 5 years now. But really want to get back into it. Ive hurt my back so looking for a nice gentle exercise which wont push me to much and find my self drawn back to yoga and i used to feel so loose n elaxed afterwards. oviously due to back and being out of it a while i want to start off very very gently and work my self up. Can anyone recomend a type of yoga for me? ones thats gentle and doesnt invole too much stretching on my back?

sorry to butt in this just seemed good place to ask

09-01-2011
front row

Adore yoga, i did it for a while, it improved my upper thigh a lot, way more toned and you can noticeably tell they are more toned, my arms a little but i didn't see much of a result on my mid section. It also is a great for de-stressing, take a class if you're stressed out. It really works, yoga alone is not enough to get a toned body but it helps, combine it with cardio and you will be toned in no time!

10-01-2011
trendsetter

^ I also have been doing yoga for a long time now and that's also my only remark — the mid section doesn't get very toned.

rising star

That can be true eu-pt. Maya Fiennes' Kundalini course does have exercises to strengthen the midsection tho. Cat/cow, and stretching over the legs and back seems to give me a good midsection workout. I can really feel it in the abs and back!

Another YT course:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnbzxMsjbIk

10-01-2011
V.I.P.

I'm another yoga junkie. Unfortunately I can't afford to take regular classes at a yoga studio, so for now I'm stuck with "here and there" yoga: taking classes online, on DVD and attendeding a free class when I can find one. But I love it. It's one of the few forms of exercise where I feel like I'm working with my body rather than against it. And I love that I can do a different style workout on a given day, depending on my needs. Sometimes I'm in the mood for something fast paced that can really get my body moving and sometimes I feel like I need something more gentle and grounding.

I think there are a lot of misconceptions about yoga out there. The biggest might be that it's just stretching and isn't a "real" workout. Not true at all! Another is that you need to be able to twist into a human pretzel to do it. Again that's false. I think one of the great things about yoga is that there's a style that's approrpriate to almost anyone.

11-01-2011
windowshopping

I do power yoga, which I guess is a combination of a few different types of yoga. I've been doing it for more than 6 months, and can't imagine my life without it. I need to work on my headstands though because I fall over in like 2 seconds!

27-01-2011
trendsetter

Juicy try to stop thinking about achiving the pose and instead try to concentrate on thinking that of your head is like a big heavy weight that is pulling you torso down and stretching your spine. This helps me a lot to mantain my body upper muscles relaxed while my knee muscles remain active. I hope this helps you as much as it helped me progressing in this asana.

trendsetter

Georgi thank you so much for the link for that vid. Funnily enough, yesterday, the yoga class I take was totally devoted to strengthen dorsal and abdominal muscles. The cat position was one of the first positions we did. Outch!!! It's still hurting right now, proving that I really need to do those asanas more frequently.

p.s. If anyones interested PM me and I'll try to give you a list of the asanas we did in the class, at least the ones I can still remember because let me worn you there were a lot of them!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
yoga