How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-03-2013
fashion icon

Bump again....I really want to start yoga. Has anybody any experience of yoga apps on their iPhone? Any good? I have no idea where to start. I want to have a little practise at home so I'm not a complete clutz at a class.

25-03-2013
Blood On The Leaves

I don't know about iPhone apps but this page is pretty awesome:
http://www.yogajournal.com
Check poses, basics, practice and video tabs.

26-03-2013
V.I.P.

Is anyone going to do the 30 days of yoga "challenge" for April? I think it's an interesting idea.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClaire View Post
Is anyone going to do the 30 days of yoga "challenge" for April? I think it's an interesting idea.
Hi McClaire, I never heard about it! What is it all about?

V.I.P.

There is a few different takes on it going around, one is taking bikram for 30 days which as a yoga novice I'm not going to do, another is just doing "regular" yoga at your house by yourself or with friends for at least 30 minutes for 30 days.
It's really loose and whatever works for you, just do it for 30 days straight.

trendsetter

Thanks McClaire, that sounds really interesting! I may very well join in! Do you have a link/s for the challenge?

fashion icon

So I stopped doing yoga for a while (okay for a few years... took a few classes on and off once in a while though) but I'm trying to get back into it. Lately I've been thinking a lot about mindfulness and feeling happy with myself and even when I'm struggling in yoga I at least feel like I'm making an effort to work on myself (both mentally and physically). I've started to ease myself back into it through video's on the Yoga Journal's webpage which has been rather helpful. And I've been making an effort to do meditation and Shavasana along with these videos. Personally, I love listening to Krishna Das's kirtan while doing meditation or Shavasana, I always feel quite blissed out after listening to some of his chants. With Shavasna your attempting to quiet the mind but sometimes when I'm unable to do that I just take the time to think about each part of my body and to thank it. Sounds a bit odd but I find that it's rather relaxing actually, thinking and thanking my body for the work its doing. I was hoping some other tfsers were into yoga or getting back into it too, hoping to have some people to help motivate me as well.

windowshopping

The benefits of yoga provide both instant gratification and lasting transformation. In the fitness world, both are extremely important. Too much time with too few results can be incredibly discouraging, and monotonous routines week after week can lead to stagnation. Yoga can change your physical and mental capacity quickly, while preparing the mind and body for long-term health.

05-11-2013
backstage pass

I've had my second yoga class yesterday. I loved the first one, but yesterday wasn't my day. My body just didn't have the strength to do anything. Very annoying.

For some reason my balance is pretty good, even though I'm clumsy as hell in daily life..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
yoga