How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-11-2005
V.I.P.

^thankies rainglow for the explanation!

12-03-2006
rising star

Yoga?
I am a very active person and i have tryed yoga but i carnt seem to get in to it ,but am willing to give it another go.Does yoga loose weight loss and also make you fexible,because i would love to become fexible.
Any advice about yoga will be great
As does it make you or should i say feel a better person?
cheers

PS any good exercise dvds you would recommend.

12-03-2006
Hoppity Hop

Here's some previous yoga discussion:

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f45/yoga-9975.html

12-03-2006
rising star

cheers

12-03-2006
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazza
I am a very active person and i have tryed yoga but i carnt seem to get in to it ,but am willing to give it another go.Does yoga loose weight loss and also make you fexible,because i would love to become fexible.
Any advice about yoga will be great
As does it make you or should i say feel a better person?
cheers

PS any good exercise dvds you would recommend.
Merged with existing yoga thread. Please use the search function prior to posting new threads.

~Madeleine Albright
12-03-2006
front row

i've been wanting to start bikram yoga for so long. but junior year has been way too hectic. hopefully this summer i'll begin.

13-03-2006
front row

I am a yoga fanatic!

I do Ashtanga yoga in a heated room 6 days a week.

It is amazing!

15-03-2006
V.I.P.

is there such thing as yoga without the meditating? Me and a friend somehow got on the topic a while back and neither of us knew

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonchic
is there such thing as yoga without the meditating? Me and a friend somehow got on the topic a while back and neither of us knew
Of course. Anyone can go to a class and just go through the movements. When your mind is racing and you are thinking about what's for dinner, you are definitely not meditating. That's why in yoga a lot of focus is on the breath. If your focus is on your breath, you are present, your mind is still.

16-03-2006
rising star

i received the MTV Yoga dvd as a gift, and am now interesting in starting classes. I really enjoy doing all of the poses, theyre great stretches. I can only imagine what practicing every week could do for me

18-03-2006
tfs star

Is it OK to do yoga everyday, or are you supposed to give your body a rest between sessions?

19-03-2006
ele
rising star

hot yoga
I used to do 'hot yoga' or Bikram yoga all the time, and its great for weightloss if thats what you are after. its got lots of benefits of ordinary yoga but it also helps get out toxins through the sweat and a whole bunch of other things - for me however i had to stop as i have dry skin and not a very hydrated body despite drinking a lot of water so Bikram was too stressful on my body - if u do do it drink lots of water and if u have dry skin its not a good idea.... just remember its nmore stressful than ordinary yoga on the body...

03-04-2006
V.I.P.

I live near the Triyoga centre in Primrose Hill and during uni holidays I join up for a month and go like twice a day. I think the most amazing thing about yoga (the way I do it anyway) is that you really feel the changes in your body. I mean you barely notice being able to run an extra minute, but being able to stretch so much further than you can do a pose better, is very rewarding. But that said, I love running too!

07-04-2006
trendsetter

Okay, just finished reading the thread. This Bikram yoga sounds very interesting, I love the detoxifying part of it. I'm also considering yoga as a way to lose weight. The meditiation part of it is, of course, important to me so I have some peace in my life but weight loss/muscle tone/fitness is definitely a priority.

So, for a 15 year old who's never done yoga before, or fainted before ever (I think I've got good pass-out-resistance or something), would it be wise for me to choose Bikram yoga? Approximately how hot does it actually get in the rooms (in degrees C )? Or should I just begin with Ashtanga, and perhaps move on to Bikram when I'm older/more experienced with yoga?

Thanks in advance

front row

i'm trying to find a good yoga place around the beverly hills area. does anybody know of any?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
yoga