How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-10-2003
fashion insider

i see a few use no age for dior??? is that good... I am getting annoyed with fine lines etc does that work well?

20-10-2003
rising star

I use clinique foamer to cleanse
Estee Lauder to clairify
Body shop Carrot face cream
Body shop facial scrub once a week
I also steam my face twice a week

20-10-2003
windowshopping

Maybe I should answer my own question, hehe?

Right now, the only product I'm using is Shiseido Benefiance Creamy Cleansing Foam twice a day. Although .. I'm currently looking for something new. When I first started using it, I couldn't believe how good it was but now all it does is irritate and dry out my skin (Like every other product on the market!)

I just ordered Clarins Gentle Day Cream from strawberrynet ...has anyone ever tried it? I've heard good things about the whole brand.

I've previously had allergic or bad reactions to the following:
mary kay timewse cleanser and moisturizer, aveeno clear complexion moisturizer, every neutrogena product i've ever tried, the body shop soy and calendula products, shiseido purify cleansing foam II, st. ives apricot scrub, mark lets be clear blemish neutralizing gel, dove essential nutrients moisturizer and toner, shiseido uv white products ... I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of them all.

I've also had bad reactions to the following foundations: shiseido cream foundation, cover girl tinted moisturizer, revlon skin illuminator and stila illuminating liquid foundation.

My skin type ~ VERY dry and VERY sensitive and also prone to allergies and acne. My skin was actually in okay condition before i started trying different products ... just acne on my forehead and slight dryness. Now it's dry, flaky, covered in acne, enlarged pores and red patches.

There's got to be something that works on my skin,right?

20-10-2003
V.I.P.

Morning:
Rose Tonique
Rosemary & Thyme Treatment Cream

Evening:
Sweet Almond Oil Cleansing Lotion
Karite Treatment Cream

Once or twice a week: Lily mask

All products are Beaute de Paris by Madame Jane Sebeyran. No water on face ever. Very specific facial massage and cleansing techniques. See http://www.beautedeparis.com/ for more info. Madame is a genius!!!

fashion insider

i never said what I use only asked questions....

i use cosmedix cleanser Purity Clean my Esthetician suggested it and it works GREAT and I tend to break out, it can dry me a little so I use neutrogena on those dry days...
I use a lot of YONKA products
Yonka Nutri-Contour (lips and under eyes)
Yonka Alpha-Complex
Yonka Creme PG Impure/Oily Skin Cream
i also use two creams for breakout from my dermo.... cannot remember names plexicon maybe for day... i also think my monthly faciails really help with the appearance of my skin.....

20-10-2003
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by tealady@Oct 20th, 2003 - 4:14 pm
Morning:
Rose Tonique
Rosemary & Thyme Treatment Cream

Evening:
Sweet Almond Oil Cleansing Lotion
Karite Treatment Cream

Once or twice a week: Lily mask

All products are Beaute de Paris by Madame Jane Sebeyran. No water on face ever. Very specific facial massage and cleansing techniques. See http://www.beautedeparis.com/ for more info. Madame is a genius!!!
tea lady how did you discover her and do you ever break out? I cannnot imagine not using water.....

20-10-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by lele@Oct 20th, 2003 - 4:17 pm
tea lady how did you discover her and do you ever break out? I cannnot imagine not using water.....
I found her through a friend. I used to break out, but not since using these products. Going without water was a big change but my skin is so soft now, I would never go back. I can really tell the difference if my face gets wet in the shower. One must be methodical and meticulous and the results are worth it!

backstage pass

i have really sensitive skin. so i stopped using soap and fancy facial cleansers and i've experienced less breakouts. i just cleanse using warm water and a washcloth. and then i moisturize like a freak, day-noon-and night. sunblock is a must during the day.

20-10-2003
rising star

I use the Mario Badescu line; it's made my skin look a lot better. That said, when I gave up junk/processed foods, my skin looked better still. Interesting how that works.

20-10-2003
& b

Quote:
Originally posted by lele@Oct 20th, 2003 - 2:46 pm
i see a few use no age for dior??? is that good... I am getting annoyed with fine lines etc does that work well?
NO Age is a product for skin that its showing its first signs of aging, not for mature skin. The Ageproof Moisturizing Complex helps safeguard skin against the external stresses of daily life like pollution, overwork, lack of sleep and UV rays. You use this special formula on your face to renew and defend against these beauty culprits. You'll find your skin smoother, strengthened, more youthful looking.

It also comes to treat the eye area,this innovative skincare serum visibly reduces signs of puffiness and dark circles; skin is smoother, stronger, and brighter for a younger-looking, more rested result. Use one drop around eye area both morning and night. It is a must!

fashion insider

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtm...ldPaginate=true

this is it correct?

21-10-2003
& b

Correct Lele! you will love this product, but I suggest you to visit a Dior counter first, because when I first tried it, my eye area got irritated.. normally, this happens to a lot of people, but you dont know what may happen to your eye area, so, I dont think you want to spend 50 dollars on something that gives you an allergic reaction...HTH

windowshopping

Hi Prada girl.....

my regime right now...

morning: clean with cetaphil bar soap, extra virgin olive oil as moisturizer (couple of drops), apply mineral make-up (no more chemical crap)

evening: clean with cetaphil bar soap, sprinkle baking soda into my soapy hands, massage all over face and rinse, extra virgin olive oil as moisturizer

thats it.

Now you are probably thinking i'm crazy...using oil on my face. Oil being bad for your face is a big myth. All the commercial creams and lotions are based on oils...or petrolatums. That is just the way they are being made. Only they use cheap chemical oils and petrolatums and a crap load of preservatives. Look at some of those ingredient lists, it will make your head spin.
Early this year my skin started totally freaking out. I always had combo skin with occasional outbreaks but suddenly WW2 started on my face. I tried EVERYTHING, prescription stuff, every acne product ever made, i spent a fortune. Things got worse, i wouldn't turn the light on anymore when going to the bathroom, didn't want to see my face.
On top of this all the harsh ingredients prematurely aged my skin, as if it wasn't bad enough.
I started researching ingredients in creams, lotions and make-ups....hair-raising stuff, i'll tell ya. No matter how expensive or "famous" some of the stuff is, what they put in it is short of disgusting.
Well, i stopped putting all that nasty stuff on my face and it started clearing almost immediately. The mineral make-up is pure enough to sleep in (not that i do) it contains about 4 ingredients, all natural, zinc oxyde is one of them.....it heals the skin.
Natural Oils have all kinds of great properties for skin. You just have to find one that works with your skin. Extra virgin olive oil is GREAT!!!!! To remove eye-makeup, to moisturize, to heal....everything.
There is also hazelnut, grapeseed and sweet almond oils....they are a bit lighter, a better match for very oily skin.
You can add Essential oils (a couple drops only), there are great ones.....tea tree EO (essential oil) helps to fight acne, Neroli EO heals and regenerates skin....and so on, the list is endless. So yes, some oils actually make your skin less oily, imagine that.
Also there are pure "floral waters" also called Hydrosols (byproduct of distillation during the procedure to make essential oils) that make great toners....again, find one matching your skin. They have the same great properties as the EO's, but they can be used directly on the skin without dilution... Rose Hydrosol is great for all skin tones, German chamomille is healing, Neroli actually balances your oil production out, helichrysom is a miracle, it heals and gets rid of scars....you use those hydrosols as a toner, just spritz on your face, then smooth your oil mix over your still moist skin.
Anyway to cut a long story short.....I'm totally clear now, my skin looks YOUNG again, and i'm totally converted (used to make fun of all this all-natural mumbo jumbo) and my motto is.....if i can't put it in my mouth, i won't put it on my skin...
I do not expect you or anyone to put any weight on my experience, but i'm so happy with it, that i feel i should share.....
Here is a recent pic of me......btw. i'm 32 years old.
ps. i'm german, so excuse any grammar and spelling errors

31-10-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alejandro@Oct 21st, 2003 - 9:50 pm
Correct Lele! you will love this product, but I suggest you to visit a Dior counter first, because when I first tried it, my eye area got irritated.. normally, this happens to a lot of people, but you dont know what may happen to your eye area, so, I dont think you want to spend 50 dollars on something that gives you an allergic reaction...HTH
ALEJANDRO
im getting worried. isnt that too much stuff for your extremely young skin?

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
31-10-2003
tgp
fashion elite

cleanser-Origins Never a Dull Moment, Olay Cleansing Cloths
eyes-Cinique All About Eyes(day), Anti Gravity Eye(night)
treatment-Murad Acne products
anti aging-Lancome D-Contraxol
scrub-Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty, routine