How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-10-2003
V.I.P.

Welcome, scarletwild! Your regime sounds very simple and it looks like it's really working for you.

31-10-2003
& b

Quote:
Originally posted by leyla m.+Oct 31st, 2003 - 7:35 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leyla m. @ Oct 31st, 2003 - 7:35 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Alejandro@Oct 21st, 2003 - 9:50 pm
Correct Lele! you will love this product, but I suggest you to visit a Dior counter first, because when I first tried it, my eye area got irritated.. normally, this happens to a lot of people, but you dont know what may happen to your eye area, so, I dont think you want to spend 50 dollars on something that gives you an allergic reaction...HTH
ALEJANDRO
im getting worried. isnt that too much stuff for your extremely young skin? [/b][/quote]
I use it because it regenerates skin, and, because im following an acne treatment which peals off skin, this product helps my skin heal and peal faster... for the eyes, I have a serious undereye problem, is hereditary, so, there is not so many things I can do about it, but, No Age keeps my eye area de-puffed, more radiant, and less visible lines, because I have undereye lines already... Sometimes, I think also that Im using too much skincare products... but my Idealist is my ..I couldnt live without it.

windowshopping

Hey everyone ,

My skincare regime includes:

Morning:
Cleanse - Cetaphil
Tone - Rosewater on a Dove Cotton Square
Moisturise - Eyes - L'Oreal Hydrafresh Eyes, although I'm thinking of changing to Dermalogica Eye Cream SPF 15 or Estee Lauder Lightsource Eye Cream
Moisturise - Face - Clinique Dramatically Different Oil-Free/Neutrogena Combination Skin Moisturiser
Moisturise - Neck - Spritz with Evian Atomiser and then apply Woolworth's Homebrand Skin Repair Cream (It is actually VERY good despite it's price)
Sunscreen - Estee Lauder DayWear Plus Lotion or I'm currently thinking of getting a new one like Avene, Chanel, Clinique, Lancome or Shiseido - maybe even this new sunscreen technology which uses nanoparticles of zinc oxide to avoid a white cast, whilst giving optimum protection.

I usually finish with some bronzer/blush and mascara/brow gel etc.

Night:
- Cleanse - Eyes - L'Oreal Bi-Phase Eye/Lip Make-Up Remover
- Cleanse - Nivea Visage Gentle Cleansing Gel, followed by Christian Dior Refreshing Cleansing Gel
- Tone - Rosewater on a Cotton Square
- Moisturise - Eyes - L'Oreal Hydrafresh Eyes or Lancome Eye Contour Balm
- Moisturise - Face - Neutrogena Combination Skin Moisturise or Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion. I'm thinking of trying Nivea Creme - which is actually remarkedly similar to Creme De La Mer
- Moisturise - Neck - Evian Spirtz and Homebrand Skin Repair Cream

I sometimes condition my lashes if I'm in the mood with Castor Oil. Both times I apply Lucas' Paw Paw Ointment. It hydrates very well.

04-11-2003
retro queen

My regime?

Cleanser: washcloth and warm water
Moisturizer: Ponds moisturiser with sunscreen (I use faithfully upon waking, rain, hail, or shine )
Eyecream: Loreal Hydrafresh
Eyemakeup remover: Clinique (it was a gift)
In Winter I use an aromotherapy face oil made by my sister, if my skin is dry.

I've never believed in putting a lot of stuff on my face, but I always use a sunscreen. I've followed this type of regime for 20 or so years and it has worked really well for me. (I'm not boasting but people are usually very surprised when they learn my age Although I know genes play a big role, I think my faithful use of sunscreen has been a major player)

04-11-2003
windowshopping

Hey ,

Your skin seems really sensitive! I would recommend for you several products:

Morning:
Cleanser - Cetaphil Cleanser
Toner - Nothing (Or if you really want one, try Rosewater or Estee Lauder Verite Soothing Spray Toner)
Moisturiser - Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Moisturiser SPF 15 or Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion SPF 15 (If you are prone to break outs, Cetaphil would probably be better)

Night:
Cleanser - Eye Make-Up Remover - L'Oreal Paris Dual-Phase Eye Make-Up Remover
Cleanser - Nivea Visage Gentle Cleansing Gel (For not too sensitive skin) or Estee Lauder Verite Light Lotion Cleanser (More sensitive)
Toner - Nothing (Or if you really want one, try Rosewater or Estee Lauder Verite Soothing Spray Toner)
Moisturiser - Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion (Without SPF)

I'm a bit concerned because Clarins extensively uses botanicals as part of its product formulations. You may get a reaction to Clarins if you are very sensitive.

Estee Lauder Verite, Cetaphil and some other pharmacy-based products would probably be your best bet.

I hope that helps

04-11-2003
V.I.P.

Just a quick question, MaryTylerMoore (love your name & welcome ) why recommend a different cleanser in the evening? Couldn't Cetaphil cleanser work then too? Just curious.

backstage pass

i don't use that many products. one of very important things in my rutine is to exfoliate my skin. whenever i would sweeze something, i put rubbing alcohol on it or if i have something that might turn into a pimple (I HATE them!!). i use lotion before I go to sleep only where my skin is dried so i wouldn't over moisturize it. also, lost of water (x2 if i smoked that day), frutis/veggies. i try to keep it as natural as possible.

04-11-2003
windowshopping

Hey TeaLady Thank you for the warm welcome ,

I recommend a different cleanser for night time use because if make-up is worn, Cetaphil isn't really that effective at removing it (unless you tissue it off). Also, due to dirt and pollution, I believe the skin would require a slightly more cleansing product for night-time use.

04-11-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by MaryTylerMoore@Nov 4th, 2003 - 8:17 pm
Hey TeaLady Thank you for the warm welcome ,

I recommend a different cleanser for night time use because if make-up is worn, Cetaphil isn't really that effective at removing it (unless you tissue it off). Also, due to dirt and pollution, I believe the skin would require a slightly more cleansing product for night-time use.

You're welcome and thank you!

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by MaryTylerMoore@Nov 4th, 2003 - 8:42 am
I'm a bit concerned because Clarins extensively uses botanicals as part of its product formulations. You may get a reaction to Clarins if you are very sensitive.

I actually did have a reaction to the Clarins! And then I started using products from the Shiseido "The Skincare" line (at the advice of the SA) and that was a horrible, horrible mistake.

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I may give Cetaphil a try.

29-12-2003
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by Alejandro@Oct 20th, 2003 - 2:28 pm
OMG ....what a shame for me...

My skin regimen consists in:

Cleansers, Mousse Purete by Dior, or Gel Controle by Lancome
Scrubs, Idealist Micro D, Gommage Action Biologie by YSL
Moisturizers and skinrepair, Estee lauder Advanced Night Repair , Idealist, and NoAge by Dior
Eye creams, No Age serum for Dior, Estee Lauder's Advanced night repair, Capture contour de l' oeil by Dior.
Toners, Clinique for men #4, and YSL eclat control matite

do you think is too much for youre skin...?I think simplier(less products) is better.

29-12-2003
rising star

hi to all
i have normal to oily skin (but not very oily)kind a mixed skin
i am addicted to beauty products ,and i always want to try something new,just taste it and leave it after a short time.in a moment i am using;
-loreal`s PURE ZONE cleanser every other night
i wash my face with-PENATEN -camomille baby wash every morning
moisturize it with Sheller ananas cream -german natural cosmetic cream for problem skins
-biotherm-antistress eye cream,every week pure zone scrub and peel mask wich makes my skin very clear,I also use a origins -never a dull moment scrub which i dont like sooo much ,and out of trouble- mask from origins
-i also use the labello-sun lipbalm all the time.

29-12-2003
Naturellement pulpeuse

Contesteth ye not Alejandro's skin routine - he's cosmetic 133t.

trendsetter

Simple regime as im never keen to try different skin/hair care products.

Morning

Oil of Ulay daily renewal cleanser
Oil of Ulay daily renewal toner
Oil of Ulay moisturiser with sunscreen

Evening

L'oreal hydrafresh facial cleanser

Two - five times a week i use St Ives facial scrub (normal for two days of the week) Sensitive for the rest of the week.

I NEVER wash my face with hot or warm water - always freezing cold and cold(helps eliminate open pores).

The facial scrub helps to eliminate spots and blackheads.

Alejandro

I too have horrible bags under my eyes which is also hereditary. I have tried everything to reduce the bags(except sleep) so i shall try your recommended cream.

29-12-2003
Naturellement pulpeuse

Heh, I have terrible black-rings...it's because I'm a reformed party-animal...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty, routine