How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-02-2007
V.I.P.

great thread!

07-02-2007
DÔMMkammern

8:54 am - 9:05 am

wake up - 2 glasses of "warm" water - shower - shave - get dressed - quick breakfast - pack bag- leave home

LOTS OF WATER

10:30 pm - 02:15 am

the fashion spot (lots of H2O here too) - PJ's - 20 min. of skincare time - turn my ipod on - sleep

Last edited by Dkammern; 07-02-2007 at 04:15 PM.
07-02-2007
rising star

Quote:
MASK : Aspirin mask made with 6 crushed tablets and about 1 table spoon of Purifying cleansing mask by Jean D'Estrées

I'm 26 and I know I should be using an eye cream, but every single one I tried made my eyes very itchy and sensible! So I'm still looking...
What doest hte aspirin mask do exactly?
And I asked elsewhere but have you tried AmorePacific Time Response eye cream? They have them at Bergdorf and Neiman and I am really curious what others think of the line. I tried the samples and they were really great. SO FAR.

07-02-2007
rising star

BTW, does anyone know the name of this reeeally lovely lemon body wash/gel thing that's out of Britain? My old roommate had it and it was sooo nice but I can't remember the name!

07-02-2007
front row

I actually really hated this whole morning/night routine and only washed my face and SOMETIMES put on moisturizer twice a day. Shocking I know...well, that started to change in my last year of high school and now that i'm 20..I finally realize the importance of taking care of your skin.

07-02-2007
front row

oops pressed the wrong key. Anyways, i have a very basic routine but I feel that it's sufficient for now. anyways onto the routine. (btw..combo-oily skin in summer and normal-combo in winter due to drying weather; occasional breakouts..usually hormonal/stress pimples..no major acne)

-Moisturizing cleanser in winter ( Kanebo Naive in peach leaves); cleansing foam/gel in summer ( Shiseido pureness foam); or wet facecloth w/ water and scrub on 'late' mornings
sometimes...-Toner.especialy for foaming cleansers that are more drying; currently not using any toner now..heard it's not THAT necessary
-moisturizer: L'oreal Happyderm (contains SPF in case i forget); Biotherm Aquasource at night
-eyecream: Jamieson vitamin E destressing eye cream
-sunblock: neutrogena dry touch oil free; SPF 45
-lipbalm: Carmex on the go; Rosebud salve/Burts bees at home
-hand cream: Vaseline hand & nail cream (cheap and it works!) at home; Bath & Body Works antibacterial hand lotion tossed in bag
-body moisturizer: body shop body butter; sephora whipped body cream (winter); in summer-->Aveeno
-shampoo: every other day...constantly changing shampoos but ALWAYS have a Neutrogena anti-residue clarifying shampoo to use once or twice a month
-deep conditioner: Aussie 3 minute Deep usually; Kerastase Masqueintense once every 2 weeks

Occassionally...
scrub/exfoliate-once to twice a week (Mario Badescu kiwi scrub)
purifying mask- whenever I feel the need LOL (Caudalie purifying masque)
moisture mask?- uhh..again whenever I feel like it (Laneige Strawberry Yogurt Pack)

Last edited by gsquared; 07-02-2007 at 06:36 PM.
08-02-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by aureate
What doest hte aspirin mask do exactly?
It helps a lot with blemishes!! Cleared my skin really fast. It's not for everyone though... You have to be certain you are not allergic to aspirin!

My french makeup blog
08-02-2007
backstage pass

Post shower in the morning: St. Ives Black Head Scrub, Pond's dry skin lotion on face and neck
Make-up: Cover Girl foundation on T zone, powder all over face, clinique under eye cover up, clinique mascara and prescriptives mosaic blush. oh, and cherry flavored chapstick.
Night before bed: Dove face wash and Pond's again

I've tried the aspirin mask before and it made my skin really smooth (the texture of the pills is a great exfoliant I suppose!). I also like using Proactiv's acne facial mask on blemishes before bed.

Is anyone else kind of a freak about touching their face? I read an article in Allure about a year ago describing all the bacteria on your hands and how it causes pimples and now I never touch it without washing my hands first

08-02-2007
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsquared
I actually really hated this whole morning/night routine and only washed my face and SOMETIMES put on moisturizer twice a day. Shocking I know...well, that started to change in my last year of high school and now that i'm 20..I finally realize the importance of taking care of your skin.
i was in my late 20s when i realized that i wasn't taking my foundation off properly. was disgusted that it took me that long to notice...

09-02-2007
Free Spirit | Wild Heart

luvmelots1983,

Kerastase was excellent for my hair! i was freaking out back in October because i thought all the coloring i did was catching up to me. i color it on average every two months for 3 years..sometimes more often like dyeing my hair a month or a few days apart for color corrections etc

After using Kerastase my hair felt better instantly! i got a trim in January, my hairdresser said he was suprised that my hair was in such good condition considering how often i colour.. i guess i fooled him!

My hair is back to normal now because of the shampoo so i can do without the conditioner because the shampoo is enough moisture. I'm considering sticking to only Bain Satin 3 but it is quite pricey in the states!

16-02-2007
front row

Location: In my mind, I live in Paris! Otherwise... Michigan :-(
Kissablekae, I'm so glad you shared your story with me! THANK YOU! The reason for this is that I'm the SAME way with my hair.... i've been coloring it since I was 14 (at first, lots of highlighting, and since I'm naturally black-haired, that entailed LOTS of bleaching!). Anyway, I'm 23 now, and twice now, I've ended up coloring my hair 3 times in less than a month (I did it at home, disliked it, redid it two days later, then finally went to my stylist to get it fixed. This happened TWICE in the last year).
So, as you can imagine, my hair has gone to hell.... and considering I'm very picky about what I use and how I look, I'm pretty upset. I've tried a bunch of different shampoos, etc. but since I have dry, fine hair, when I "volumize" my hair gets super oily... and when I use "normal" shampoos, I dont feel my hair gets properly conditioned.

Anyway, my point: I've heard about only using Kerastase Bain Satin 3 with no shampoo, to clean hair and keep fine hair un-oily.... and not to use conditioner. If that's what you did and it helped, then I'm ready to start doing that! I just didnt want to go out and buy Keastase when it's so pricey, and not have it work.

Thanks again, Kissablekae! And anytime you want to share more info, please do!

16-02-2007
front row

One more thing, Kissablekae... you said you're considering sticking only to BS 3.... does that mean that you're using other products now? What exactly is your hair routine?

16-02-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by aureate
You might want to take a look at review sites like makeupalley.com or essentialdayspa.com's forum area. There are lots of info and it might help you
Thanks, Aureate! I appreciate the info!

17-02-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia
I must be abnormally conservative in my use of products I just don't like exposing my face to many chemicals and things like that.
Haha I'm the same way...I'm actually kind of shocked to see how much time people spend on their skin care. I just wash it with cheap products like Cetaphil and Clean and Clear and my skin is pretty clear thanks to them. People don't realize that you don't need to splurge big on skin products- quantity does not necessarily mean quality.

As for my hair, I wash it every day with, again, cheap products, like Suave and Sunsilk. Sometimes I spray it with a shine product, but not usually. I hate putting gunk into my hair. I also either flat iron it or put my it in braids the night before and then wake up with wavy hair.

I don't put on a lot of makeup- concealer under eyes, mascara, and a little blush will do. Oh, and eyeliner.

I guess you can say I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to my beauty routine. :p

Free Spirit | Wild Heart

luvmelots1983,

i tried to go back to my barely used Joico shampoo & conditioner for colored hair..i did that for about two days. im back to using BS3 already! i think its just the right balance in moisture. the Joico combo didnt do anything great with my hair..i was scared of it getting too dry again and because i experienced a lil bit of static & flyaways/baby hairs stuck up after using it.

oo i can totally relate to the dying the hair multiple times in a short amount of time. i always go to extremes and its mostly at home color so its always super dark or super light..probably not good but i just do what i feel like at the moment. i think as long as you(meaning everyone in general) have got good shampoo and dont heat style too much then you should be fine.

im definitely going to stick to Kerastase for as long as it works for me, why mess with a good thing? plus the small bottle is lasting as long as those huge pump ones(6 months! and i had to use ridiculous amounts of shampoo and conditioner)..right now im going on my 4th month of BS3.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty, routine