How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-08-2010
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BibiRose View Post
I use a baby oil to remove my makeup, such as Johnson's Baby Oil, when I'm running without my make-up remover. It removes even a waterproof mascara.
I use Vaseline.

03-08-2010
front row

I don't know if this is weird or not but I use bright (like really bright) cream blush and not much else in the way of makeup. It gives me a childlike I've-been-running-outside-all-day look, which I like.

03-08-2010
oh! darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
I use Vaseline.
The consistency of Vaseline is so thick. Does it really work that well? I'm intrigued because we have a lot of Vaseline sitting around..

I put lotion (preferably baby lotion or anything without a heavy scent) on toilet paper or a tissue and rub off of make-up with it. Works heavenly! It's so much easier than Dove soap and water.

V.I.P.

I also use baby oil or plain almond oil, especially to get rid of waterproof mascaras. I couldn't imagine using vaseline. Doesn't it sit on your face forever, making your sight all blurry?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiselet View Post
I don't know if this is weird or not but I use bright (like really bright) cream blush and not much else in the way of makeup. It gives me a childlike I've-been-running-outside-all-day look, which I like.
I do that as well, especially when I'm late or too lazy or after a way too short night. A little blush goes a long way.

V.I.P.

It's not really a trick or that unusual but when I don't have time to put on makeup at all I just put on a bright or dark red lipstick because then it looks like you've put on more makeup than you have because it gives such a strong look IMO^^

fashion elite

^that's how Holly Golightly teach me to do so, LOL
put on mascara is another way for me, i usually do it in taxi

04-08-2010
front row

I like to mix my foundation and moisterizer to create my own tinted moisturizer. It's really good for the summer when you don't want to look too chalky.

A little bit of pearlescent, shimmery eyeshadow at the inner corners of your eyes makes you look fantastic.

Also (and this is probably not too unusual) I'm in the habit of wearing subtly-winged eyes nearly everyday. I use black eyeliner as base, then swipe a colored shadow over it and up-and-out at the outer corners of my eyes. I've got a thousand different colors of eyeshadow, so it's a neat way to have something a bit different every day.

oh! darling

Quote:
It gives me a childlike I've-been-running-outside-all-day look, which I like.
Does anyone know how to apply blush to get this look?

In Bloom

^I use the MAC 109 brush, spray some water on it, dab it lightly into the cream blush and buff it in on the apples of my cheeks. Any firm dense brush will do. Try getting a nice round shape, don't take it way out to the hairline.

we were in love

07-08-2010
V.I.P.

I was told to use LUSH's "I Love Juicy" shampoo for a few days before I dye my hair to get rid of conditioner and shampoo leftovers. There's lots of pineapple and papaya and such in there which is rich in enzymes, therefore it has a very cleansing effect. Well, that sounded just like what my skin needed, too, so now I scrub it on my face when I'm taking a shower and let it sink in for a minute and it does wonders to my skin (I always have to be careful it doesn't get into my eyes, though )

09-08-2010
front row

I mix St. Ives apricot scrub with all sorts of cleansers. A lot of people find the scrub too harsh for everyday use, but when you mix it with something milder it makes the scrub much more tolerable. It's a good way to feel comfortable exfoliating every day.

I'm also terrified of eyelash curlers. Therefore, I put on mascara in a very specific way, by curling and curling with the wand from the root. I don't know if that's unusual, but it does make a huge difference in mascara effectiveness.

Also, I like to get my hands wet before I put on my moisturizer. It makes me feel like the water (and therefore the lovely moisture) gets "trapped" in my skin better.

fashion elite

Yesterday I decided to "paint" on mascara with flat C shaped eyeshadow brush. Made my eyelashes look naturally defined, glossy and clump free plus I also felt I had more control and could get to the little lashes in the inner corners.

Try it!

12-08-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
I don't like using a eyeliner pencil so whenever I want to wear "eyeliner" I just wet my brush with water and then dip it into my eyeshadow color (I tend to use black or dark green for this) and put it on, just like I would have put my eyeliner. It always looks so good and makes my eyes pop!
^ that's awesome, works so well, thanks!

backstage pass

my eyeliner brush is too soft and just bad. and to make it better I just put some hairspray on my fingers and rub it into the brush.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty or makeup, tricks, unusual