How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-08-2010
fashion icon

^Tuetre.... glad my tip works well for someone else!

14-08-2010
V.I.P.

I don't think this is such a great secret at all but if you're skin is really sensitive or tends to break out a lot using a paper-towel instead of your normal cotton one after cleansing will make such a huge difference. You can also use paper-tissues or even toilet-paper. This way you always have a clean towel and make sure you don't rub all the bacterials you just washed off back on your skin. And a towel hanging around all day contains a lot of them naturally. That's another thing why toners are so important to use before a cream, because they'll get rid of all the "new dirt" right after cleansing.

windowshopping

Applying Polysporin on my face before bed. Because Polysporin's purpose is to disinfect and heal, it treats, heals, and moisturizes blemishes, scars, irritations, dryness, and much more. Skin looks healthy and rejuvenated!

16-08-2010
windowshopping

Wow, great tips, I love them all and can't wait to try them.
I feel bad because I don't have any good ones and they aren't 'unusual'. Here goes, almost every night before I go to bed and if I see a few blemishes I make a lemon scrub (lemon juice and sugar) since it saves me money lol and just use a cotton ball and scrub for 5 minutes, then the next day my blemishes are completely gone. I also love how stink'n soft your skin feels after the lemon scrub and the fact if you do get it in your mouth it tastes like lemonade lol

More tips!

17-08-2010
fashion icon

I also have used Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar (but you don't have to use this brand, any apple cider vinegar will do) as a cleanser. I would suggest mixing a little bit of the vinegar with water in a cup and then taking a towel and pouring the liquid on it. I does smell a little odd, so just use it at night and use it all over your face. It will help get rid of any blemishes, it clears up your skin so well. I find it works a lot better then any acne cream I've ever tried (and its organic too!).

20-08-2010
V.I.P.

^ doesnt it burn or bleach?!

fashion icon

Its never burned or bleached my skin, and I do have pretty sensitive skin, however I would suggest just trying it out on a little patch of your skin before putting it all over your face.

22-08-2010
V.I.P.

^ will def give it a try, thanks!

windowshopping

Mixing Benefit's High Beam highlighter with some moisturiser and applying it all over my face, it makes my face glow.

Using eye shadows as blushers.

Mixing baby oil and sugar to create a leg scrub.

23-08-2010
rising star

i reinvigorate or bring new life into lipsticks i do not like by mixing other lipstick shades together and binding them all together with vaseline. i have created some of my favorite shades this way and my lips are super hydrated too.

i use mint julep mask as a spot treatment for acne areas when i do not want to do a full mask. this way the areas that need treatment are taken care of.

23-08-2010
V.I.P.

ohhhh ive heard of that lipstick trick before!!!!! ^
its excellent!

fashion icon

^ The lipstick tip sounds like an excellent idea... will have to try it out!

26-08-2010
V.I.P.

My false eyelash look (only way to get max volume and curl that holds):

-Step 1: curl lashes with Shiseido eyelash curler, I pump 6 times each eye to get a perfect but natural looking curl

-Step 2: Prime lashes with Shiseido base. It holds the curl and provides extensions for lashes making them look longer.

-Step 3: I add a quick coat of L'oreal Panoramic curl waterproof mascara. This holds the curl even more and the fact that it's waterproof means no smudging/creasing.

-Step 4: I add one coat of YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils in black. This adds the maximum volume and a luxurious shade of black. Makes it looks as though I have more lashes.

-Step 5: I use a random eyelash comb to separate lashes to make it look clean.

30-08-2010
V.I.P.

I sometimes use baby oil when I don't have hair conditioner, but it's very important to only apply it on the ends or else your hair will look and feel greasy which I hate

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ Since you mention that, it surprises me how many people apply conditioner to the length of their strands - I apply it mostly to the tips of my hair - a bit further up.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty or makeup, tricks, unusual