How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-02-2010
fashion icon

^Sorry I don't understand that trick, where exactly do you apply the blush/lipstick remainder? I'd love to try it but I don't know where exactly you're suggesting we apply it.

12-02-2010
V.I.P.

I use rosebud lip balm as a foundation for glitter and pigment, blush and sometimes on my eyelids just to get a fresh look^^

Thanks so much for the tip Melisande, I'll def try it out

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen_kass View Post
^Sorry I don't understand that trick, where exactly do you apply the blush/lipstick remainder? I'd love to try it but I don't know where exactly you're suggesting we apply it.
I know, it was confusing...:p
think of dabbing a tiny bit into your lower lash line and that general area, where you'd normally use eyeliner.
(Not on the inner corners, i.e. near the tearducts, ONLY on the outer side...)

...is that better?

I personally love how it looks, but I never heard of anyone else doing it, so I hope it works for you carmen and loonaka. Let me know how it goes.

14-02-2010
fashion icon

Thank you thank you Thank you, I tried it and it does look great, it just makes the whole face really rosy! You only need like the smallest amount, enough to catch the light.

front row

It's probably not an uncommon trick, but I use a business card against my eyelashes when I am applying mascara. It helps prevent wet mascara from smearing on my lids, is great at separating (when you have the wand against something firm like the card) and makes it so much easier to apply evenly. I love it!

15-02-2010
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen_kass View Post
Thank you thank you Thank you, I tried it and it does look great, it just makes the whole face really rosy! You only need like the smallest amount, enough to catch the light.
Oooh, so glad it works for you!
Exactly, just a little bit makes a big difference.

Little four-year old Miki would be pleased to hear it

17-02-2010
backstage pass

Not really unusual but every morning I gently massage my eye area with ice cubes. I do it for about 5 minutes. It makes me look more awake, makes the whites of my eyes brighter, and my under eyes less puffy.

17-02-2010
tfs star

Great tips everyone!

I luuuuuuuv this stuff!

I don´t really have much to offer, but here it goes:

For a quick moisturizing/ purifying mask....and an oportunity to "recycle" a facial lotion that you like but feel a little bit too heavy for or greasy: apply it with a gentle massage (couple of mins) and then let it wash it all away while showering. Dry your face as usual.
You´ll feel your face clean and moisturized after.

Another one....for hair really...spray your fingertips with your usual finishing spray and then with those wet fingers scrunch your roots up, specially at the crown. It really works. I heard this from Kate Moss´s hairdresser....

Please keep the tricks coming!

Last edited by newprincesita; 17-02-2010 at 01:38 PM.
20-02-2010
fashion insider

Well, I don't think this is really a trick but I noticed that my makeup looks a lot better during the day when it's no longer sitting on top of my skin.

So, I do my makeup first and then do other things (like drink coffee, pick out clothes etc.) to give the makeup time to settle. After a while, it doesn't look cakey and blends really well with my skin. Then, right before I leave, I retouch it. I don't know if that's any help but I found all these tips really helpful!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Sometimes if I want a fresh-faced look and am just using concealer & nothing else, I will use a bit of Smith's Rosebud Salve on my eyelids for a little bit of shimmer

scenester

I use brown eyeshadow as eyeliner and wing it a tiny bit at the end (I even tightline the top lid with it). It's softer and for some reason makes my eyelashes look longer and fuller (harsh eyeliner makes my lashes look short for some reason.) I also use Ardell's brow and lash accelerator as a clear mascara to define my lashes a bit (in lieu of mascara), and ever since, my eyelashes have grown so long!

When I want a more dramatic look, I put gel eyeliner and then run eyeshadow over it with an angled brush and use regular mascara. Sometimes I might line the bottom of my eyes at the ends so it's more cat-eye - I never line the bottom of my eye all the way because it just makes my eyes look really round.

21-02-2010
Diamond

To make my lashes look thicker, I line my upper lashes at the waterline with black liner.

After finishing my makeup, I run the blow dryer over my face on high for a few seconds to warm up and "set" my makeup.

If I accidently get a little mascara on my eyelid, I don't act right away. Let it dry and use a q-tip; it will come off easily without smearing.

~Madeleine Albright
21-02-2010
V.I.P.

i use my finger to blend in eye shados.. and when i DO use a brush its usually slightly dipped in water.. the eye shadow lasts longer for me..

I really hate using black/coloured mascara sometimes as it can clump my lashes together and I hate how stiff they get. So instead of buying a clear mascara, I just curl my lashes using an eyelash curler then sweep a small bit of vaseline on them afterwards using my index finger and thumb. It makes them a look more lustrous and I've found that it does pretty much the same job as a clear mascara.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipkitten View Post
After finishing my makeup, I run the blow dryer over my face on high for a few seconds to warm up and "set" my makeup.
Wow, that's such a good idea. I'll have to try that! KARMA!

Last edited by colourmepretty; 21-02-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty or makeup, tricks, unusual