How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-02-2010
front row

Hmm... a lot of my eyeshadows are messy. When I apply them, they fall on my cheeks. To avoid this I tilt my head to the side over a trashcan, so that the loose powder goes into the trash instead of all over my face.

22-02-2010
rising star

I dip my eyeliner brush in Visine when I want to use a powder liner. Dries much faster and stays on much better than regular water which gets blotchy.

So... that said, does anybody have a tip for avoiding smudges in the undereye from mascara? I don't feel like I blink heavily but I must because by 7pm, I look like a raccoon.

I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by colourmepretty View Post

So, I do my makeup first and then do other things (like drink coffee, pick out clothes etc.) to give the makeup time to settle. After a while, it doesn't look cakey and blends really well with my skin. Then, right before I leave, I retouch it. I don't know if that's any help but I found all these tips really helpful!
I'm the other way around:p.. I tend to put make up on last, since my skin needs to oil up completely before I start to put anything on it. Otherwise my makeup will just look all wrong during the day.

22-02-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by saann View Post
I'm the other way around:p.. I tend to put make up on last, since my skin needs to oil up completely before I start to put anything on it. Otherwise my makeup will just look all wrong during the day.
That sounds good too though. Like letting the moisturizer sit before putting anything on. Mmm, I might try that.

I don't know

yeah it's exactly like that

it's like my face needs to fixate before I can put anything on it

22-02-2010
fashion insider

That might actually work for me because I think I rush my makeup routine. And so it just looks cakey and not done very well. Thanks for the tip, hun. Karma!

rising star

Ditto to letting moisturizer sit before applying makeup. It makes a world of difference!

Same with the hairdryer trick, except I use it to blow away excess loose powder.

My own trick is using my MAC aquavert eyeshadow (light, pearly mint) as a base concealer for red spots, then applying my usual concealer over. It's nice because I don't have to go and buy another product to cancel out the redness. I think the pearly finish works well, too...it's light and it doesn't make the spot dark or anything.

I like using an old mascara wand to comb my eyebrows. It works really well if I apply a tiny, tiny dab of moisturizer so I can manage the shape better. It also helps make the lighter, "baby" hairs appear darker.

The only other thing I can think of is defining the outline of my lips with foundation or concealer. My lips kinda blur into my skin in some parts, so it's helpful.

25-02-2010
In Bloom

Using Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant on the legs. It's so bad on the face, but it makes your legs so smooth and shiny

we were in love

27-02-2010
meet the press

Great tips! I'm down with anything that will make you look natural with minimal effort, so i'd definitely try Melisande's tip

Not that unusual, but i apply shimmery eye shadow above where blush is applied. Not on top, but above. It gives you a cute shimmery/glowy look.

scenester

I use left over coffee grinds as a morning exfoliator (twice a week).

I mix in some sugar and some vitamin E body oil and warm it up in my hands then gently apply in circular motions. I avoid any sensitive areas (eyes, lips) and just stick to my cheek bones, forehead and chin. It does a great job brightening me up!

28-02-2010
trendsetter

after i put on blush i whipe the blush brush with the remaining colour over my eyelids. (the part close to the eyebrows). i gives the face a really nice harmonic look.
its not that unusual, but makes a big difference: i "frame" my face with a slightly darker powder (also on the forehead!).

28-02-2010
rising star

hmm not really a makeup tip but if i ever get a night-before-big-event flare-up pimple, i crush an asprin and mix it with a teaspoon of baking soda and enough toner/witch hazel/tea tree oil to make it into a paste, then cake that on over the spot and sleep with it on. More times than not it's completely gone in the morning, or if it's a really bad one then it's at least all nice and drained and any inflammation is gone, making it easy to conceal.

28-02-2010
windowshopping

i curl my eyelashes after the mascara has dried. give my lashes more of a curl and length.

probably bad for my lashes, but they've survived.

fashion insider

Sometimes i separate my lashes with help of toothpick or needle (i know i'm crazy, don't repeat it).
As well when i do evening make-up i use gold glittering eyeshadow as way to make my cheekbones shining.

01-03-2010
V.I.P.

I used to do it with a needle too^^

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty or makeup, tricks, unusual