How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-03-2010
meet the press

^ I use a safety pin, so you're not alone!

02-03-2010
fashion insider

It's comfortable to use needle because i hate all these combs for lashes, it's just stick them together still more ^^

02-03-2010
fashion insider

I like to wet my eyebrows before I pluck them. It's less painful that way.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colourmepretty View Post
I like to wet my eyebrows before I pluck them. It's less painful that way.
thanks for the tip I will def try it out!! I hate plucking my eyebrows

fashion elite

^Use a a ball of cotton wall dip in hot water. Hold it on your eyebrows for a couple of seconds before you pluck. This will help to open up the pores which will make it easier to pluck the hairs out

03-03-2010
front row

It's more unusual for the color more than anything but I line my upper lashline with navy blue eyeliner.
It looks nice with my blue eyes and doesn't look as harsh as black (I can't wear brown).

03-03-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by laisla View Post
^Use a a ball of cotton wall dip in hot water. Hold it on your eyebrows for a couple of seconds before you pluck. This will help to open up the pores which will make it easier to pluck the hairs out
Yes! I forgot to mention this. And if you just took a bath, then that's a good time as well cause your pores are open.

fashion elite

Ive just discovered a great way of covering acne scars/blemishes without the concealer looking cakey or wearing off after a couple of hours.

I took a fluffy eye shadow brush and twirled it around in my concealer. Then I buffed it into the problem area. It looks much more natural than Ive ever been able to achieve with concealer brushes, sponges or fingers.

I think the reason why it works is because the buffing thins the layer(s) of concealer out so you can build up to just the right amount of coverage.

The technique probably isnt that unusual but maybe the tool is?

Just in case you're interested, I used the medium eye shadow brush by Shiseido, studio finish concealer by Mac and the bobbi brown stick foundation (I used two different products to get the right shade but if you you have a concealer that is a match for your skin then just the one product would probably work.)

03-03-2010
fashion insider

Wow, I think I'll try that. Thankyou!

tfs star

This one's silly, when my grandma doesn't want her hair to get messed up when she sleeps, she wraps toiler paper around it lol

05-03-2010
front row

im using a kabuki brush for my liquid foundation. it gives me a more "buffed" look.

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by poptheglock View Post
im using a kabuki brush for my liquid foundation. it gives me a more "buffed" look.
I do that as well. I find I achieve a much more uniform/natural coverage even though I tend to use less make up compared with a regular brush. I guess its a similar idea to the buffing method I mentioned above for covering blemishes. By buffing you are working the product into the skin and creating thinner layers.

I thought of one more (Jeez I've taken over this thread!) felt tip eyeliner* to fill in eyebrows. Because the tip is very fine you can draw hairs in much more easily than with a pencil. It seems to last longer too.

* make sure you pick one with a very fine tip/nib so you can draw thin lines.

05-03-2010
backstage pass

^just like Marilyn Monroe.

06-03-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Ive just discovered a great way of covering acne scars/blemishes without the concealer looking cakey or wearing off after a couple of hours.

I took a fluffy eye shadow brush and twirled it around in my concealer. Then I buffed it into the problem area. It looks much more natural than Ive ever been able to achieve with concealer brushes, sponges or fingers.

I think the reason why it works is because the buffing thins the layer(s) of concealer out so you can build up to just the right amount of coverage.

Just in case you're interested, I used the medium eye shadow brush by Shiseido, studio finish concealer by Mac and the bobbi brown stick foundation (I used two different products to get the right shade but if you you have a concealer that is a match for your skin then just the one product would probably work.)

This is amazing! It worked so well for me!

trendsetter

Quote:

I do this too! If you're familiar with photoshop it feels a bit like that.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty or makeup, tricks, unusual