How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-03-2010
tfs star

Another thing I do is use both pencil and liquid eye liner. Draw the line with pencil first for better control and softness; by tracing over that with liquid liner, you get precision, definition and it stays all day.

07-03-2010
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by laisla View Post
^Use a a ball of cotton wall dip in hot water. Hold it on your eyebrows for a couple of seconds before you pluck. This will help to open up the pores which will make it easier to pluck the hairs out
Great tip, I'm going to try this next time!

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ida View Post
^Any kind, actually. Just spray the brush with some toner or water beforehand and then buff it in.
that is such a great tip, i just tried it and my skin is glowing!....although, i used a cucumber and ginseng facial mist that i've never used before and i don't think my skin likes it very much, so i'm actually a bit pink and stinging, but apart from that my skin looks great :p. Next time i think i'll try it with some of my avene thermal water, i'm sure that will give me even better results!

12-03-2010
trendsetter

I know a girl that would wet her sponge then would rub the sponge on her MAC studio fix and apply it on her face...I never tried it it seems too weird for me :p

12-03-2010
In Bloom

^That's how MUAs do it

we were in love

12-03-2010
Meg
inspired contemplation

To cover undereye circles, I used a technique similar to the buffing above. I have a stick concealer from Smashbox and I put that directly on the skin. I then dampen by my foundation brush slightly and use that to blend in and buff out the concealer. I find that it works the best for me.

12-03-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melisande View Post
Another thing I do is use both pencil and liquid eye liner. Draw the line with pencil first for better control and softness; by tracing over that with liquid liner, you get precision, definition and it stays all day.
I do this too but instead of using a pencil I use a slanted eye liner brush and powder liner, then I trace over it with liquid.

I also moisturize my eyes at night with vaseline (on the lid, below, and on lashes). I'm sure it's not the healthiest stuff but it works!

Also, sometimes I like to apply a bit of eyeliner before bed (I know, this sounds horrible) or before I go in the shower, and when you wake up it's perfectly smudged!

Last edited by Fabulyss; 12-03-2010 at 08:51 AM.
12-03-2010
front row

LOVELOVELOVE this thread!

I am a big fan of massaging my face with Bio Oil every night. My face is perfectly clean and pores open after rinsing with hot water, then I take about 4 drops of the oil, warm it on my hands and massage onto my face for about 3-5 minutes. Even if you only manage to do it twice a week it makes a huge difference to your skin.

Also use 8 hour cream to make coloured glitter (am a big fan of black glitter over grey eyeshadow at night) stick to my eyelids!

12-03-2010
V.I.P.

This is not a very unusual trick haha it's hardly a trick, but it's something I've discovered. I've been using a pencil to fill in my eyebrows for about 8 years now, but after buying this amazing eyebrow kit with shadows and brushes I'm never using it again...^^ I love my banila co. eyebrow kit it's perfect for my gray spear brows..

fashion insider

Love this thread! So many new tips I am so going to try

I use Aquaphor on my lids and undereyes before I go to sleep as eye cream. A magazine editor swears by this stuff and they say the key ingredient in expensive eye creams is in Aquaphor.

Also I use Aloe Vera gel on my face at night.. feels so good and soft in the morning. I don't do it every night but about every other night. Gets rid of rashes, unevenness, and irritation.

I mix my SPF moisturizer with my liquid foundation before I put it on. I get a better coverage and it feels good

14-03-2010
front row

after foundation i spray avene thermal spray, sets the make up and evens out the foundation.

15-03-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Lush View Post
after foundation i spray avene thermal spray, sets the make up and evens out the foundation.

really??
i usually use Avene moisturizing cream and i have the spray but never used it

16-03-2010
rising star

Quote:
I used to do exactly the same, now I use this Clarins spray insted, it's supposed to protect from enviromental pollution and electromagnetic waves.

www.lesechos.fr

16-03-2010
trendsetter

I hardly use concealer under my eyes, instead I use a light pearlescent eyeshadow where I have darker skin (which is on the inner of my eyes). But I use a very light hand, not too much, the point is to reflect light where it seems too dark. I find it works for me really well and it looks really natural. BUT it's important to mention that I don't have very dark undereye circles, so I don't know how it'll work for someone with a darker undereye area.

Added this hair related one:
When I want a very, very sleek updo, I spray a toothbrush with some hairspray and brush any flyaways or gaps my original brush may have left. It works like a charm

Last edited by 0oYCRo0; 16-03-2010 at 07:47 AM.
16-03-2010
In Bloom

Quote:
I use plain rosewater. You can use plain water as well.

we were in love

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty or makeup, tricks, unusual