How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-03-2010
trendsetter

Well, I've never done this tip since I have curly hair and it is for straight haired women.

Here it goes:

When you have some flyaways, spray some hairspray into a big powder brush (the biggest the better) but spray it from at least 1 foot away from the brush, then swipe the brush where the flyaways are. This is supposed to control flyaways without having to apply serums or hairspray on the entire hair. Hope it works for you, straight haired girls. I read this (I don't remember where) and I found it so interesting and different that I had to post it.

Last edited by 0oYCRo0; 22-03-2010 at 06:54 PM.

22-03-2010
windowshopping

Clear mascara is great for taming eyelashes, flyaways, and eyebrows. (My eyebrows have a mind of their own!) I sometimes also apply make-up and then take a bath or shower (very carefully!)- this helps to give a "dewy" look.

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ Reminds me of a time where my mom would only let me wear clear mascara... junior high, I think.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Lush View Post
after foundation i spray avene thermal spray, sets the make up and evens out the foundation.

I'm doing this as well (or if I run out I just use some Dr. Hauschka toner) and it does wonders. Just makes your skin glow.

Since I have very long, thin hair I use baby powder along my hairline to avoid my hair getting greasy. I also use some light peachy blush (absolute favorite is Benefit) instead of facial powders because they are less heavy and make you look awake and healthy no matter if you slept or not.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesanni View Post
I'm doing this as well (or if I run out I just use some Dr. Hauschka toner) and it does wonders. Just makes your skin glow.

Since I have very long, thin hair I use baby powder along my hairline to avoid my hair getting greasy. I also use some light peachy blush (absolute favorite is Benefit) instead of facial powders because they are less heavy and make you look awake and healthy no matter if you slept or not.
Okay, let me see if I got this. You use blush instead of powder, but where? The whole face? Or you just use it as a blush and skip the powder?

26-03-2010
V.I.P.

I use a very soft color and very little of it. Sweep a very large brush gently through the powder and then dust it on your face in a big circular motion, starting at your nose. "Gorgia" by Benefit is my favorite but it really depends on your skin tone.

amazon.com

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I have a large(r) forehead, so to minimize the size I dust bronzer along my hairline.

V.I.P.

I just plugged my eyebrows the way Laisla suggested and it has never been so easy and painless before. (I'm kind of squeamish when it comes to that :p). Thanks a lot for that trick!

This is probably not new but whenever your skin looks pale or ashen because you're sick or haven't slept right etc. a little bit of carrot oil mixed with your moisturizer warms up your complexion in an instant and gives it a nice healthy glow. This works a lot better for me than tinted moisturizers which I always find too dark and it doesn't rub off either.

Last edited by diesanni; 27-03-2010 at 09:39 AM. Reason: grammar
08-04-2010
trendsetter

I read this trick on a makeup board a few minutes ago, so I haven't done it yet.

This girl says that if you want a concealer to match the exact color of your foundation, just put some of your foundation into a little sample jar and leave it in the fridge for 2-3 days loosely covered with a tissue. There you'll have it.

If someone tries it on before I do, let me know if it works

10-04-2010
fashion elite

that foundation trick is really interesting thanks so much. i might actually try it...i suppose it thickens up the formula and lets some water evaporate from it.

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I don't know how unusual this is, but I dab a bit of white shimmer powder just about the middle of my lips... right below my nose. But only the slightest bit!

windowshopping

for mascara that is a bit clumpy and old..you can add a couple drops of facial toner..shake it up..and you should be able to get a little bit more out of the mascara tube...this is only if you're in a pinch.. it's much better to buy new mascara for sanitary purposes.

12-04-2010
scenester

I use matte brown eyeshadow, instead of bronzer to contour - it's more natural looking. I also use darker eyeshadows that I no longer use as eyeliner - just wet a brush and swipe it in the eye shadow. I also like to use a kabuki brush for blush, and contouring instead of a blush brush.

13-04-2010
rising star

Before i sweep through my eyebrows with my eyebrow groomer, I spray it with a little hairspray. Keeps the hairs in place much better than brow gel

V.I.P.

I darken my eyebrows with dark eyeshadow, it always works for me. And I don't use eyeliner- only dark (dark violet or black) eyeshadow, just like offtodreamland.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty or makeup, tricks, unusual