How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-05-2010
V.I.P.

they think it looks silly and cant understand why or how we can walk about the house that way :p

20-05-2010
trendsetter

Well, this is not a very pretty tip, but it certainly is useful. I learned that if you have a pimple that is ready to pop out (ugh, disgusting, I know), use two cotton swabs (or one and break it in half) and squeeze the thing with both cotton swabs, instead of using your nails and fingers. It's more sanitary and you have A LOT less chance to get it infected.

(P.S. If you do this, make sure that the pimple is really ready to go, don't do it if you just have a half-there pimple or you'll make it worse)

21-05-2010
windowshopping

^Haha great tip, shall be using that one....
I too believe that leaving the concealer to 'sink in' before blending it makes it work better, also sometimes I find it is better to use a heavy foundation as a concealer, in fact I find that my YSL foundation works better than YSL touch eclat!

21-05-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0oYCRo0 View Post
Well, this is not a very pretty tip, but it certainly is useful. I learned that if you have a pimple that is ready to pop out (ugh, disgusting, I know), use two cotton swabs (or one and break it in half) and squeeze the thing with both cotton swabs, instead of using your nails and fingers. It's more sanitary and you have A LOT less chance to get it infected.

(P.S. If you do this, make sure that the pimple is really ready to go, don't do it if you just have a half-there pimple or you'll make it worse)

It probably goes without saying but make sure the skin is clean before you start and don't forget to disinfect with a toner afterwards.

trendsetter

^Yes, that's very important. ^_-

22-05-2010
windowshopping

I mentioned earlier that I use Lucas Paw Paw ointment to keep my brows in place. I also use it as an eye gloss, lip gloss, cheek gloss and if I'm desperate, as a cuticle cream.

windowshopping

i could not find a good foundation to match to my skin tone so i would mix a couple drops of a dark one and some of a light one and it came out perfect. =]

fashion icon

Sometimes when I am in a pinch I will squeeze a drop of moisturizer onto my hands, rub it in and then run my hands over my hair to get rid of static hair. It works really well.

28-06-2010
trendsetter

Sometimes I don't want to wear mascara, because it looks too 'done' for just running to the store. Because I don't just want to skip makeup altogether, I line the upper waterline of my eyes, very close to my lashes. It makes tired eyes look instantly fresher without actually seeing makeup . I think this works really well for pale people and/or those with sparse lashes.

29-06-2010
scenester

if you have a pimple that is really inflamed and red, add a drop of visine on the spot, wait 5 minutes and repeat. keep applying it until the redness goes away. it works really quickly, effectively, and makes it a whole lot easier to cover up the blemish rather than caking your makeup on to cover the redness. works like a charm for me!

03-07-2010
front row

I love this thread!

I don't like wearing concealer, so before I put on my LM tinted moisturizer, I put a little bit of regular body lotion on two scars I have, and then some briggggght green eyeshadow from a palette with a q-tip. Then I put on the TM . . . the green neutralizes the redness of the scars, and it's good enough coverage that I don't bother with concealer. The green gets blended in with the TM and doesn't show. It's really cool!

03-07-2010
In Bloom

^OMG that is so cool!

we were in love

04-07-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineRose View Post
I love this thread!

I don't like wearing concealer, so before I put on my LM tinted moisturizer, I put a little bit of regular body lotion on two scars I have, and then some briggggght green eyeshadow from a palette with a q-tip. Then I put on the TM . . . the green neutralizes the redness of the scars, and it's good enough coverage that I don't bother with concealer. The green gets blended in with the TM and doesn't show. It's really cool!
wow. im going to give this a try.

In Bloom

^Me too! I should try it with a salmon eye shadow to cancel out the blue underneath my eyes. I don't have scars or redness though

we were in love

04-07-2010
front row

I would really like to find a green foundation cream, like I think has been mentioned on this thread - I think that would work even better! I just use the eyeshadow because it's the only green makeup I have

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty or makeup, tricks, unusual