How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-02-2010
trendsetter

Your most unusual beauty/makeup tricks
Mine is to apply concealer to any dark spot or blemish with an eyeliner brush, it's super small, so it covers very precisely.

Last edited by 0oYCRo0; 04-02-2010 at 10:51 AM.

04-02-2010
V.I.P.

I don't know if this is unusual but I have very light brows and I use a dark gray eyebrow pencil and draw in my brows a bit darker than I want them, and then I use a light facial powder and apply it on top with a blending brush^^

I also use black eyeshadow on top of my black eyeliner.

I sometimes draw the end of my eyeliner a bit higher up since I very often get wet eyes and that smudges the eyeliner if I draw it too low on my eyelid

trendsetter

sometimes i use a slightly darker shade of pressed powder as a bronzer & I use a blush brush for it, it works perfectly.

05-02-2010
In Bloom

I use a blush brush for foundation and a foundation brush for bronzer, I mix Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse in my foundation, I never set my foundation with powder, I use a blending brush for concealer and an eyeliner brush for my brows. I'm sure I do a lot of other weird stuff too

we were in love

05-02-2010
trendsetter

^ you use a blush brush for what kind of foundation?

05-02-2010
In Bloom

^Any kind, actually. Just spray the brush with some toner or water beforehand and then buff it in.

we were in love

06-02-2010
scenester

- If you have removed one to many eyebrow hairs, apply vaseline on your eyebrows when you sleep - it makes them grow faster.
- If your mascara clumps alot - don't wiggle the brush back and forth, just apply it from the bottom and upwards. This is smart if the brush is large.
- If the ends of your hair tends to get dry and split, sleep with braids and apply leave-in-balsam below the hair rubber band.

06-02-2010
fashion elite

hmmm...

applying (liquid or stick) foundation with a slightly damp kabuki brush in circular motions.

cleaning brushes with facial wipes.

I just mentioned this in the pale skin thread here that I thin out water based foundation with a mix of glycerine and water (1 part glycerine to 3 parts water) mix the water/glycerine in a bottle first and then add it drop by drop to foundation on the back of your hand and mix with a brush.

eyeshadow to fill in eyebrows (theres a much wider variety of eyeshadow colours than there are eyebrow powders so finding a good match is much easier)

For dramatic, defined eyebrows take your mascara wand and wipe the excess off then lightly brush it through your eyebrows. Cheaper than an eyebrow mascara but just as effective.

I use a small lip brush to apply concealer.

apply blusher before foundation for a more natural look. Also, applying powder blusher with a sponge gives a nice gentler effect than with a brush.

When applying mascara with a wire based wand (you know the ones that most mascaras had before they started messing around with them!) bend it at the base so you can get right into the corners.

use a concealer pencil instead of a white eyeliner to open your eyes up. Much more natural.

After applying foundation, take a singly layer of tissue paper and blot your skin to get rid of excess oils (if you want a matt look that is) cheaper than using those blotting papers

08-02-2010
backstage pass

loving this thread

08-02-2010
scenester

- Use dental plastic sticks to separate clumped lashes

09-02-2010
scenester

Sudocream - it is your best friend. I use it day and night as kind of a moisturiser. It helps fade dark marks from spots and soothes any blemishes. But god it is just the best thing I have used, plus it's reasonably cheap and a pot lasts me months and I use it all the time even on razor rash.

I also put Vaseline on my eyelids and eyebrows every night, I have a weird OCD thing that makes me feel like my eyelids are drying up so I put that on just for safety plus it's good for the eyebrows especially when you're trying to grow them back in.

V.I.P.

I really appreciate all these tips^^

front row

i want more tips

backstage pass

I apply my eye make up before foundation... but that is pretty common!

12-02-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennyfer View Post
I apply my eye make up before foundation... but that is pretty common!
I do that when I remember;it's a great idea because you realize how little foundation you need, if any.

I guess I will divulge my secrets here:

Use lipstick on lips, blot with fingers and dab it onto cheeks.
AND, dab that on the lower outer corner of my eyes, it looks amazing!
A trick to look well-rested and innocent.

I noticed my four-year old companion had adorable blush blossoms on his outer lower eyelids; I tried it and it really brightens your look.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beauty or makeup, tricks, unusual