How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-03-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionicon View Post
lol there's no where for it to go!

tampons are paper and can get smooshed in a place where you can't reach. Cups have a long stem (it can be trimmed), making it easier for you to remove.
i've never used a tampon, i am a strickly pads kinda' girl, but the stories i have heard... this cup sounds very appealing, though. i just, i don't know, i can picture myself being too scared to put it in. i wonder if i can buy it at a store in the usa instead of having to order it online.

10-03-2008
backstage pass

I'm pretty good in this department.
Regular/monthly, predictable date, 2-3 days heavy, another 2-3 days light.
PMS: Increased appetite, fatigue. Oh and SWOLLEN PAINFUL BOOBS!! GAH
Moderate cramps (when I'm lucky there's little/no cramps), back pain, fatigue.
I sound like a medical report.

That's about it. My friend is irregular and she would sometimes skip for 2-3 months.. and she's not malnourished or anything. It's pretty scary.

It's true that when you're around other females a lot your periods will 'match' theirs.

Last edited by mlsnts; 10-03-2008 at 05:59 AM.
10-03-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlsnts View Post
I'm pretty good in this department.
Regular/monthly, predictable date, 2-3 days heavy, another 2-3 days light.
PMS: Increased appetite, fatigue. Oh and SWOLLEN PAINFUL BOOBS!! GAH
Moderate cramps (when I'm lucky there's little/no cramps), back pain, fatigue.
I sound like a medical report.

That's about it. My friend is irregular and she would sometimes skip for 2-3 months.. and she's not malnourished or anything. It's pretty scary.

It's true that when you're around other females a lot your periods will 'match' theirs.
lucky. i have anemia, so sometimes i skip periods. it stinks when i skip a period and then do get it the next month, though, just because it hurts tenfold. luckily, though, i haven't skipped one in a good five months now.

10-03-2008
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzie stevens View Post
i've never used a tampon, i am a strickly pads kinda' girl, but the stories i have heard... this cup sounds very appealing, though. i just, i don't know, i can picture myself being too scared to put it in. i wonder if i can buy it at a store in the usa instead of having to order it online.
well you know, it's what works best for you.

I totally see where you're coming from, but with my heavy flow, I would have tried just about anyything.

(also the only place I've heard of getting it in a store, is at whole foods)

10-03-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionicon View Post
well you know, it's what works best for you.

I totally see where you're coming from, but with my heavy flow, I would have tried just about anyything.

(also the only place I've heard of getting it in a store, is at whole foods)
ahh. i only buy my groceries at whole foods, with exception of chips and milk and other basics. i buy my skin care stuff there! so i'll have to check it out next time i go grocery shopping.

25-03-2008
backstage pass

I am in P.M.S. hell right now...in two days I've ballooned up with bloating and cramps and headaches...cramps and headaches I can deal with but I'm too vain to handle the PMS pooch, any tips for debloating before your period? It's been the worst these past few months!!

25-03-2008
tfs star

^I've heard that cutting down of salt a week before your period will help with bloating. For cramps, I use ibuprofen as soon as I know I'm going to get my period, and I avoid caffeine.

25-03-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

^ i had never heard of that before!

26-03-2008
scenester

well, i used to have it really painful. i could not even go to school cause i was fainting and was very weak. and the pain..i could not get asleep after any pill . though it hurt only for a day or two - but most of the day and i was shaking etc. too bad to even talk about it.

but then i found a miracle worker. anticonception[pills]. no pain anymore
im such a happy girl now. i cant complain at all. so if you have it similar as i had try anticonception.

:]

26-03-2008
V.I.P.

i have mine for like.. 3-4 days and it's not painful at all. it's just that it feels like i wet myself sometimes and that feels kind of (alot).. embarrassing

26-03-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vevi View Post
well, i used to have it really painful. i could not even go to school cause i was fainting and was very weak. and the pain..i could not get asleep after any pill . though it hurt only for a day or two - but most of the day and i was shaking etc. too bad to even talk about it.

but then i found a miracle worker. anticonception[pills]. no pain anymore
im such a happy girl now. i cant complain at all. so if you have it similar as i had try anticonception.

:]
anti-conception pills make you gain weight, though. or so i have heard from friends who take them.

26-03-2008
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ I have never gained weight from being on the pill. Each person reacts differently.

26-03-2008
it's a hard-knock life.

^ really? everyone who i have spoken to about it has said that they have gained weight and feel bloated.

26-03-2008
V.I.P.

I have never gained weight either nor felt bloated. And neither has any of my friends that use it. It really depends on the person's body. And what pill you use too, I suppose.

it's a hard-knock life.

well, apparently, it's not unheard of that women complain about weight gain because... but it's fluid retention, and not weight gain. i suppose it's just a bloated feeling/look.

Quote:
Women often blame the birth control pill for weight gain. But studies have shown that the effect of the birth control pill on weight is small — if it exists at all.

However, the way the hormones in birth control pills act on tissues in your breasts, hips and thighs can make you feel as if you've gained weight. This is usually due to fluid retention and not increased body mass or fat. Estrogen in birth control pills directly affects fat (adipose) cells, making them larger, but not greater in number.

In very rare circumstances women may add muscle, which can add weight, when taking the pill. This is due to the slight male-sex-hormone effect that the pill may have on some women.

But no matter if pill-related weight gain is perceived or real, many women find this side effect undesirable. Taking pills with a low dose of estrogen may diminish these effects, but you may also experience a greater risk of spotting between periods.
credit: mayoclinic.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cycle, monthly, period