Your Period / Monthly Cycle - Page 9 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-10-2009
V.I.P.

So I'm really lucky. Not even in my first year I felt pain.

05-12-2009
V.I.P.

i got a mirena IUS/iud this week. (mainly in the hopes i could do away with my period)

it was no big deal getting it inserted. there was one "ouch" moment but it only lasted a second. but since then ive had very low level cramps occasionally. i'm just wondering how long this last. i also feel like im cognizant of it. (i feel like i can sense it).

i hope this feeling passes...

tfs star

Mine are so painful sometimes...when they started it hurted like hell, then I was on pills for few years= no pain at all, and period as a clock work. Then I stopped pills, and now the pain is back. But I won´t use hormonal birth control anymore because of side effects. I`ve noticed excercising eases the cramps, unless it hurts too much to do anything.

09-12-2009
backstage pass

Has anyone tried the implant? How do side effects and such compare with other birth control methods?

rising star

I'm really getting annoyed with my period.

Last month I got it on the 5th - it was late for like four days. And this month, I haven't gotten it yet. It's really annoying. It used to be regular but it hasn't been for the past 2 months.

10-12-2009
scenester

My cycle is so regular ever since I started taking birth control. I start taking my sugar pills on Sunday, get my period on Tuesday at like 3:00 exactly, and it's done by Friday morning.

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurasian Mélange View Post
Has anyone tried the implant? How do side effects and such compare with other birth control methods?
I recently got one in September after having some issues. I can't go on the pill since theres a history of blood clots in my family but so far it's been good.

The side effects are weight gain or weight loss, I seem to be the first and people have said about acne but I had that before the implant and it's still the same - if not better since I'm on medication for that. Periods are less or even stop in some circumstances, I'm on/off a lot but apparently after 6 months - 1 year your body settles in to a cycle of rare periods apparently.

V.I.P.

trolleywood, which implant did you get? norplant? or an IUD.

i dont have any more cramps from my IUD. everything is going smoothly now.

backstage pass

Sorry, maybe I should have specified what type I was asking about... I was asking about an implant similar to Norplant. It is called 'Implanon'. Is this the type you got, trolleywood?

scenester

Yeah I have the Implanon

backstage pass

Okay, thanks for the info!

I would love to hear from more people that have the same or similar type of implant because I am thinking about getting it myself, but I do not have enough stories from those who have tried it to decide (I like to know more than just what's in the leaflets).

fashion insider

I hate my period rolls around. Major cramps.. I feel like I'm dying on the first day. I got mine yesterday and this morning around 4am I woke up because I was cramping so bad! And then I had an allergic reaction and my face swelled up. This has never happened before, has anyone experienced this reaction or perhaps it was something else?

14-12-2009
rising star

Mine has always been really regular, although it came every 5wks instead of every 4. And, the weirdest (but greatest) part was that it would never come when I went on vacation! I think all the changes in weather/time zone/diet would throw my body off.

Since I've been on the pill, it comes every 4 weeks now. I've really struggled with the pill-the first one I was on was great at first but then I started having 2wk periods after a year or so. Then the higher dose made me depressed. So I'm back on a low dose-I just hope that it doesn't cause the same problems again.

I'd like to go on an IUD, but the chance of it puncturing your uterus scares me. I know it's very unlikely, but I'm still young and don't want to take a chance of ruining my fertility in the future. I will probably switch to it eventually though.

14-12-2009
front row

etceteraism may I ask which birth control pill you are on? I just started on marvelon last month, and this month's period has honestly been the WORST ever, bad cramps, scarily heavy, terrible PMS, all that. I don't whether I need to give it time to 'settle in' to my body or what.

14-12-2009
rising star

Emma Naomi-I was on Tricyclin Lo, then Minovral, now I'm on regular Tricyclin. Minovral definitely made my periods lighter/less cramping, but it's quite a high dose of progesterone which caused me to get quite depressed (of course this isn't the same for everyone). Last month was my first on Tricyclin and my mood seems a bit better, but my period is noticeably heavier and lasted a day or two longer than on Minovral.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cycle, monthly, period