How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-11-2007
oh! darling

Your Period / Monthly Cycle
In the "Secret" thread, I read that a lot of girls miss theirs quite frequently or it just hasn't come in the longest time.

I will miss mine at least 2/3 months in a row during the school year. I get stressed out really easily, and the period is the first thing to go!

One time, I took birth control, and my period was the heaviest it had ever been before. It lasted 2 weeks straight, exactly 14 days.

Anyone else?
(If this thread needs a new name, please do!)

24-11-2007
Amour Comme Hiver

One of my friends mentioned that she really only gets her period around four times a year, once each season. Seriously! I think that as a teenager, irregular periods are... well, not irregular.

My own cycle (which happens to be running its course this week), is insanely regular, and certainly on the heavy side.

I don't think I'd mind loosing my period while stressed... I just get really big zits.

24-11-2007
V.I.P.

I've always had a very unpredictable cycle. It's kind of annoying from a planning point, but my doctor said nothing was wrong with me. I'm 23 now and I am noticing that I am becoming more regular. I got my period when I was 12 and I swear, I'd have 6 month stretches without them.

24-11-2007
V.I.P.

My period is just... weird. I'm only 14 though, so that might explain it...

I constantly miss my period, sometimes... 4 - 5 months at a time. That was due to overexcercising though (running everyday.) and once I stopped, my period came back.

I've been insanely stressed in the last few weeks and I've had my period three times this month.

... And when I do have my period, I get the worst of cramps... which sucks. Anything I can do about that?

V.I.P.

^^

OMG! You are not only 14! From your posts, I thought you were much older! You are so mature!

25-11-2007
coffee&tv

I think quite a lot of girls periods are irregular. I don't know anyone who gets their period the usual '28' days
What a lie haha. But I pity the girls that do get theirs every 28 days

fashion icon

mine always gets messed up when I go out of the country... particularly to asia I've noticed. It's weird. I once got mine the day my flight left Seattle and again the day my flight left Taiwan... it was so strange. And now it's plain irregular. I hate it!!!

25-11-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by alix* View Post
I think quite a lot of girls periods are irregular. I don't know anyone who gets their period the usual '28' days
What a lie haha. But I pity the girls that do get theirs every 28 days

That's why the rhythm method/counting method doesn't work for some couples.

25-11-2007
rising star

I got my 'first' period when I was 10, and didn't get it again until I was about 13. I'm 20 now and it generally comes once a month but where abouts in that month is a different question all together!

25-11-2007
V.I.P.

I've just had my period for the second time this months, because it had been very irregular before, and it lasted 11 days. I think/hope it's normal again now.

front row

Girls,
when "it" comes back after a really long time,
is it really painful and does it overflow?

25-11-2007
V.I.P.

^^ For me, it's painful (but then again, I get cramps all the time.) and it hurts. It doesn't overflow though.

Quote:
^^
OMG! You are not only 14! From your posts, I thought you were much older! You are so mature!
Oh dear God, I'm so immature; it's not even funny.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmesweet View Post
^^ For me, it's painful (but then again, I get cramps all the time.) and it hurts. It doesn't overflow though.

Oh dear God, I'm so immature; it's not even funny.

25-11-2007
backstage pass

I got mine when I was 15 and they were all over the place. Anywhere from 5 to 13 days long and anywhere from one week to a month apart from each other! I really had no idea what on Earth was going on and I was so glad to get on the pill.

25-11-2007
lay lady lay

Yeah I started when I was 16. And boy was I excited jumping up and down....thanking god for finally being able to grow women body parts that have otherwise been flat ehhh.

Anyways it's pretty regular I know when I get it...and it's very light. Cramps are little to none. Most of the time it's a happy period for me.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cycle, monthly, period