How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / The Beauty Cupboard
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-03-2009
little soul

irulan, you look beautiful! the colour really suits you, i'm so glad you managed to find it

04-03-2009
taz
MUSE

Quote:
Yves Saint Laurent gets inspired by Africa - 02/03/09

Source: ©The Moodie Report
By Rebecca MannFRANCE. Yves Saint Laurent (YSL) Beauté has unveiled its Summer Look 2009, which will be available in travel retail from 1 June.

YSL harnesses African inspiration to create its Summer Look 2009, available in travel retail from June

Called Treasures of Africa, the collection features bright, intense shades, and plays on the contrast between darkness and light. Skin is golden, while eyes are dramatic and lips are nude.

A highlight of the line is the limited-edition Trésor d’Afrique Poudre de Soleil Collector (priced at around €52 in travel retail). This extra-large bronzing powder is encased in a monogrammed, wooden compact.

The powder shade within is the best-selling Golden Sun, enhanced with an SPF10 and Ampli Light+ pigments.

Other key items include two five-colour palettes, one each for lips and eyes, both priced at around €40.30. The lip palette contains three lip shades – fuchsia, pink and orange – plus two glosses, in pink ivory and garnet.

The eye palette comprises shades of purple, indigo, turquoise, yellow and ochre, plus two foam applicators.

New for 2009 is Fard Lumière Aquarésistant (Water Resistant Eye Shadow), priced at €21.30. Available in four shades, this is a long-lasting, water-resistant cream shadow that can withstand heat and humidity, according to YSL.

It is presented in a clear, square bottle, inspired by a crystal inkpot, and is accompanied by a brush applicator.

New shades of YSL’s Poudre de Soleil, Everlong Waterproof Mascara and Rouge Pure Shine lipstick complete the collection.
moodiereport.com

04-03-2009
tfs star

^I love that intense blue shadow

07-03-2009
rising star

Yes, I love their Golden Gloss in #3, and their Blush Variation #11 Beige Fusion. The gloss is just gorgeous and the blush is the PERFECT everyday shade for me.

15-03-2009
taz
MUSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
just found the new spring 2009 look, enjoy;

*Quoting of the images is not allowed*

ysl.com

tat recent look has been abstracted originaly from this S/S 1993 look, along with the background as well, the model is Lucie de la Falaise, she was YSL face & favorite model for a decade.

ebay

Last edited by Legyviel; 05-07-2009 at 02:59 PM.
16-03-2009
V.I.P.

is that Lily? so i guess Coco's contract really is over. too bad. i think she suited the brand quite well.

16-03-2009
tfs star

The only thing I don't like with YSL make up (and Chanel as well) is that you have to hunt it down. I only ever see it in the big department stores and whenever I go make up shopping I usually go to Sephora bc it's easier to browse and play around with stuff, but they only carry the perfumes for YSL. When I got the Rouge Volupté I went to Bergdorf's in the middle of a blizzard but I had to get it! lol

17-03-2009
Plain Ol' Beautiful

Really? That's strange, it's pretty easy to get here. Douglas, the big departement stores and Oberpollinger all carry it.
It is a pity that Coco has lost her Elle contract, but I'm not sure yet about the make-up. For the summer look they clearly went into the tanned direction and Coco is not the model you address first when you have that in mind.

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_a_Licious View Post
is that Lily? so i guess Coco's contract really is over. too bad. i think she suited the brand quite well.
It looks like Lily to me but I'm not too sure.

So many good reviews of the lipgloss,I'm going to have to find me one!

18-03-2009
V.I.P.

i have the YSL lip stick Rouge pure shine in number 4 (i think it is) its a hot pink. i only wear it when i have minimal mascara. or i use it as a lip stain. leave it on for a few minutes n then take it off n my lips r a rosy pink. it goes on soo smoothly

windowshopping

The new collection looks so lovely with all the colors. I can't wait for it to get into stores. When are you betting for the summer Treasures of Africa collection to come out?

13-04-2009
rising star

Has anyone got a dupe for Peach Passion please?

windowshopping

i love everything about ysl.
i used to work for them and the training videos were awesome! so intense! the way that they apply eyeliner roughly (like you are 'sketching') and then use the brush to blend the dark eyeshadow and then apply liquid eyeliner then to top it all off faux cils mascara!! - that was a winter look.

i don't really like it when they bring out the bronzers for summer.

i like the pale heavy eyes rouge lips femme fatale look.

their perfumes are timeless i love Champagne, Opium, Cinema, Paris.. and the bottles are so classic and gorgeous esp Paris.

rising star

I just bought the fuchsia lipstick and gloss and wanted some make-up tips on how to wear it. I would typically use a nudish brown blush (contouring) and wear black liner and mascara...Any other ways you would wear the bright pink color? Im medium skintone...with strawberry blonde hair, but going blonder as we speak...

03-07-2009
front row

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
makeup, thread, ysl