How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-01-2012
scenester

Just fell in love with #250

22-01-2012
front row

In Oslo (Norway) everyone is wearing the pistol shoes, so pistols are not an option for me. But they are quite nice.

trendsetter

The Pistols, and knock-offs, are like a plague in Stockholm..

29-11-2012
rising star

Wow, this thread hasn't been visited in awhile. Have Acne shoes lost their luster? I just recently came across the Clover Petrol (http://shop.acnestudios.com/shop/wom...er-petrol.html) and I'm in love. Thoughts?

front row

iamnerdee..I love the color of those shoes!

I think Acne shoes were cultish when they first came out and everyone lusted over them..They really haven't created anything as special as their atacoma shoes which were hyped over every blog...

Of course, that doesn't mean the shoes they're churning now aren't great! They're just not as "special" to obsess over as previous ones...

tfs star

^i feel the atacoma shoes were so iconic, they are concider a classic from acne... i really wish they still had them in store...

06-12-2012
rising star

Good point, y0shi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0shi View Post
iamnerdee..I love the color of those shoes!

I think Acne shoes were cultish when they first came out and everyone lusted over them..They really haven't created anything as special as their atacoma shoes which were hyped over every blog...

Of course, that doesn't mean the shoes they're churning now aren't great! They're just not as "special" to obsess over as previous ones...

backstage pass

Star Ankle Boot In Black
I came across this brand for the first time this season and tried out of curiosity the STAR ankle boots and I absolutely loved the fit and height/comfort still with my skinny jeans. I have them since on my Xmas list and put links everywhere on facebook so hoping my Bf gets them in my size. Even chatted about it, like heavy hints...
Later found out on her thread Alexa Chung has a pair which is of course a cool thing, as it was nice to see photos of her wearing them both with skirts and jeans.
I have tried them again since the first time and still love them.
fate will tell if I'll have to get mine in the sales or from my bf But I will get them!

29-12-2012
rising star

Maybe asking here might not be very helpful since itís for their menís shoes but, how have you guys found the fitting for the womenís shoes like? I usually wear shoes in UK size 10 (which is European size 44 and US 11). Iím feeling slightly confused with the size chart on their website though, a UK 10 is listed as a size 45 and UK 9 to be 44. I have checked other websites like Mr.Porter and they give the common UK 10 = European 44. What are your experiences with ACNE shoes fittings?

Thanks in advance!

29-12-2012
I don't know

I find them true to their sizes (if not, just a tiny slight too big), they don't run small like most italian brands or anything..

29-12-2012
rising star

Thank you very much! Lets hope it will fit me since this is my first ACNE shoes.

13-01-2013
backstage pass

I have the short Pistols and they do look gorgeous but they gave me a blister. I'm hoping it's just a size issue (they run a little big and I have the smalles size which is still a bit big) and will go away after I buy insoles for them.

It's true that you see them a lot in the Nordic countries but I don't mind. I love them anyway.

I'm thinking about buying a pair of the Cypress boots. I'm always exited for new Acne shoes but I haven't been liking the new models for few seasons now.

18-01-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancv View Post
Maybe asking here might not be very helpful since itís for their menís shoes but, how have you guys found the fitting for the womenís shoes like? I usually wear shoes in UK size 10 (which is European size 44 and US 11). Iím feeling slightly confused with the size chart on their website though, a UK 10 is listed as a size 45 and UK 9 to be 44. I have checked other websites like Mr.Porter and they give the common UK 10 = European 44. What are your experiences with ACNE shoes fittings?

Thanks in advance!
This is probably hella late but I generally wear UK 5, US 7.5, Euro 38. I have tried 6 styles of Acne's in 38 and 3 pairs run slightly big, 2 pairs run small, and 1 pair runs just right. I hope this doesn't confuse you more but Acne's don't always run big, it depends on the style.

18-01-2013
front row

^I would also add that the discrepancies are not THAT big between the ones that run big and the ones that run small. Some are just looser and others more snug. They still fit. I'd suggest going with your regular European size.

21-01-2013
rising star

Thank you! The shoes fitted perfect in European 44 size, but they didn’t suit me personally which was a shame since they were so well made! But I’ll definitely keep my eyes open for other Acne shoes! And if anyone was wondering what I bought it was the Ludlow sneakers in brown.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
acne, shoes