How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-08-2009
front row

^^ i think the first girl kind of looks like she has clown feet.
I have a love hate relationship with the atacoma's. I thought they looked awesome on Alexa, but I feel like they're hard to wear and even harder to pull off...

31-08-2009
tfs star

Even if a bunch of severely low-priced knockoffs of those Acne Atacoma shoes (think anywhere between Kohl's, JCPenney, or dare I say... Payless), those are a sweet pair of booties. Maybe I'm thinking too casually about those Atacoma shoes. Almost as if they would be better as canvas platform wedge sneakers or athletic-inspired platform wedge sneakers than these oxford-like platform wedge shoes.

The Black Metal Atacoma shoes are certainly the most popular of the Atacoma shoes. Mostly because of Alexa Chung sporting those babies. If you like these Atacoma boots, do you fancy the black/brown or black/white Atacomas, the Cloudy Blue suede Atacomas, or the Black Metal Atacomas?

I am half-sick of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by timemachinedream View Post
I have a love hate relationship with the atacoma's. I thought they looked awesome on Alexa, but I feel like they're hard to wear and even harder to pull off...
Agreed...though I love the way Susie wore them...they're part of an outfit, not the entire focus.

Image: StyleBubble.typepad.com

31-08-2009
front row

I love those atacomas! I think most women could pull them off, no prob.

Another pic:

source: Acne

31-08-2009
front row

They look awesome with both outfits in the last two pics. Perfectly integrated with the outfits.

01-09-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_M. View Post
Even if a bunch of severely low-priced knockoffs of those Acne Atacoma shoes (think anywhere between Kohl's, JCPenney, or dare I say... Payless), those are a sweet pair of booties. Maybe I'm thinking too casually about those Atacoma shoes. Almost as if they would be better as canvas platform wedge sneakers or athletic-inspired platform wedge sneakers than these oxford-like platform wedge shoes.

The Black Metal Atacoma shoes are certainly the most popular of the Atacoma shoes. Mostly because of Alexa Chung sporting those babies. If you like these Atacoma boots, do you fancy the black/brown or black/white Atacomas, the Cloudy Blue suede Atacomas, or the Black Metal Atacomas?
There is not actually a black/white version, the silver looks white in some pictures. And to my disappoitment, the metal is actually silver leather that seems like it would peel

01-09-2009
tfs star

Maybe the black/white version was discontinued. It was a "Yay or Nay?" which featured the Atacomas in the black/white and black/brown combination. So I've seen it before online even with the popular black/Black Metal combination. I'm sure even rock lovers can love a combination known as "Black Metal."

fashion insider

I just got the brown/black version in the mail in a size 37 and they are too small! I had lagarconne save the last 38 for me but now I will have to wait another 2 weeks or so.. they are really beautiful and comfortable, but they were wayyy too small.

Usually I am a size 7, and 37 felt like a size US 6

02-09-2009
tfs star

Aww... sorry about that, PinkPrincess113. I know I yay'ed those Pedro Garcia booties... until you said they were too short for you. Well, hope you can find some in your size.

fashion insider

It's ok John! LaGarconne is holding the size 38 for me!!! If anyone's interested, the Acne Atacomas should be available back on LaGarconne in a 37 as soon as they receive my return....

03-09-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPrincess113 View Post
It's ok John! LaGarconne is holding the size 38 for me!!! If anyone's interested, the Acne Atacomas should be available back on LaGarconne in a 37 as soon as they receive my return....
I wear a US 6.5, but you said they run small... do you think 37 would fit?

03-09-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by timemachinedream View Post
I wear a US 6.5, but you said they run small... do you think 37 would fit?
I think a 37 would fit..

I can sometimes fit a 6.5, but it would be too tight for me so my real size is 7. A 37 would be great for a true 6.5 I believe. They were just a TAD bit snug at my toes. Honestly if I couldn't exchange them for a 38, would force myself to keep the 37! They were that comfortable. And I think the leather would have stretched out in time.

04-09-2009
front row

I've recently purchased the Atacoma black/brown wedges, and I love them so much. My only question, to those of you who own them; did you re-sole the shoes before wearing them? It seems to me that the leather sole will make them a bit slippery and hard to walk in...

V.I.P.

I didnt resole them but I completely agree they are slippery. I've almost fallen several times.

Theres already a small scuff on the silver part on one of my shoes

05-09-2009
fashion insider

I heard LF was designing knock offs of the atacomas! i hope they aren't as good... they are so worth $480 to me.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
acne, shoes