How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-10-2009
front row

The baby blue wedges are absolute perfection! It's not fair, I wish I had seized the chance when I first saw them online!
I much prefer the black ones without the mirrored bottom also.

17-10-2009
windowshopping

I want a pair but I'm scared its going to make my feet look huge since I;m already a size 10.

17-10-2009
front row

indiegoespop, if anything, they make your legs look longer, especially with black tights.

21-10-2009
V.I.P.

i missed out on these in black but am still not giving up hope!

(if anyone knows where to look PLEASE let me know)

do any of you know how they size? i am a 38.5 do i go up to 39?

(acnestudios.com) morgan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg acne morgan shoe wht.jpg (15.4 KB, 1 views)

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
24-10-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

I've been searching really hard for a pair of boots that were equestrian in style but not too tight (because I don't slender calves, a lot of actual equestrian boots are too small there) and I think I have finally become obsessed with the the Acne Rifle boots. T

hey are in the right price point (because if I have all the money I would probably lean towards the Golden Goose Sienna's) but they seem to be a LOT cheaper in the US.

Does anyone know how they fit in the calves? The leather looks quite thin and like it would be stretchable if they were slightly too small but I"m uncertain. I don't want to buy them and ship them to the UK and find out they don't fit.

pic via creaturesofcomfort.us

Last edited by Meg; 24-10-2009 at 10:10 AM.
29-10-2009
backstage pass

ive been wanting the atacomas (in black and silver) since they came out but they've been sold out almost everywhere and i cannot seem to get my hands on them. i shouldve purchased them in the black/brown version when i got the chance. i was doing some research a la google and i saw on tpf someone said theyre coming out for summer in different colors. anyone know if thats true? i need these soo badlyyy haha. tia!

29-10-2009
backstage pass

TBH I tried them on and was kind of disappointing, I found them really uncomfortable especially for a wedge that large and considering I wear 4" heels every day. But that might just be my feet, which are pretty weird. There are plenty of other awesome oxford wedges out there -- Jeffrey Campbell recently came out with a dead-ringer Atacoma knockoff, if that's your thing.

oaknyc.com and openingceremony.us both had them for ages; the folks at oak are super helpful and nice and are really good about emailing you back once they get stuff back in stock if you ask them nicely. if you're desperate I'd email or call them, great place.

29-10-2009
V.I.P.

m4ry,
it is indeed being released again for SS10 in all the same colour options as before so i am sure you will find them!!

29-10-2009
backstage pass

thanks so much leyla & lafind! hopefully i wont miss them the 2nd time around!

29-10-2009
fashion insider

m4ryb3ar they are very comfortable! i wear 4 inch heels everyday and these are sooo comfy.. like clouds.. i got the right size though. that's very important. size up if you can, it affects comfort level. i have the brown/black version and they are amazing. i don't regret it!

30-10-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPrincess113 View Post
m4ryb3ar they are very comfortable! i wear 4 inch heels everyday and these are sooo comfy.. like clouds.. i got the right size though. that's very important. size up if you can, it affects comfort level. i have the brown/black version and they are amazing. i don't regret it!
Do you have decent arches on your feet? I wear excruciatingly high wedges/heels every day and I tried these on and they HURT LIKE HELL. but I put old lady cushiony inserts in everything because I'm pathetic like that and have horrible flat feet, so I probably should have thought of that first.

30-10-2009
fashion insider

Oh yes, I forgot to mention.. I have high arches. My feet actually hurt in flats I really wish I could wear flats but heels are much more comfortable for me, better yet wedges.

30-10-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPrincess113 View Post
Oh yes, I forgot to mention.. I have high arches. My feet actually hurt in flats I really wish I could wear flats but heels are much more comfortable for me, better yet wedges.
this is true for me too though!!! i have high arches but they flatten out enitrely when i stand, which makes my legs bend in all funny and knock-kneed, and my ankles get tired really fast and i feel like i can't walk properly. nobody believes me that i genuinely feel more comfortable in uber-high heels/wedges! i think it's just that quality heels/wedges are designed with concerns about support which flats are not; to me nothing feels more comfortable or is easier to walk in than 4" wedge ankle boots.

i probably should have had leg braces or something as a kid but it turns out that heels solve the problem totally, so really, i'm not complaining about being cursed to a lifetime of awesome shoes.

but anyhow!! this was supposed to be about acne shoes, not my feet being gross!! oh well. ultimately i'm probably just pissed they didn't work for me. ha!

06-11-2009
V.I.P.

bit the bullet and bought them already!

acnestudios.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg acne atacoma.jpg (16.4 KB, 1 views)

06-11-2009
backstage pass

leyla! bc of your post i bought them too haha i am now extremely broke. def my first pair of shoes over $500. yay! hopefully they will fit and not hurt my feet i have super super flat feet and usually wear a US 7 but they only had 37's left, which to my understanding equals a US 6.5? hmm.. well see how it goes! i hope they work out. congrats on the purchase also leyla

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
acne, shoes