How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-12-2009
front row

@luckyme, since I did not accept the delivery yet, I think I might not have to worry about that (according to the UPS-guy). I have to check with Acne first anyways I guess...

03-12-2009
backstage pass

customs fees suck

on another note, they have the gun metal gray ones on acne's site now! ahh if only i had the money to get those too!

05-12-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

yes, Canadian customs fees are very high - I think on the last thing I got I paid about 20-25%. I'm not quite sure how UPS can make you pay any more though if you refuse to accept the shipment. For example, my mother just ordered something from the states and I'm sure there were customs fees on it, but she was in the process of moving and never got the card telling her that her package arrived and after a set number of days they just shipped it back.

05-12-2009
fashion insider

ingvildel- sorry to hear that please let us know what happens. i hope you get to pay less than 225.. that's outrageous

m4ryb3ar i saw those grey ones on the site too.. i want them so bad!

06-12-2009
backstage pass

thanks lady.stardust for sharing the fact that Jonathan + Olivia has them! I'm going to go check out the store in Vancouver and hopefully try on the Atacomas KARMA!

front row

^you're welcome! Hope you find a pair.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
yes, Canadian customs fees are very high - I think on the last thing I got I paid about 20-25%. I'm not quite sure how UPS can make you pay any more though if you refuse to accept the shipment. For example, my mother just ordered something from the states and I'm sure there were customs fees on it, but she was in the process of moving and never got the card telling her that her package arrived and after a set number of days they just shipped it back.
I'm originally from Norway where the custom fees are pretty high too, but considering everything else in Canada is so much cheaper than there I just assumed it was the same for custom fees. However, it seems to be even higher!

When your mother never got the card telling about the package, did she get a refund from the place she ordered from (and did they charge for the shipping back?) or the opportunity to have them sent to her new address? I contacted Acne last Thursday, but I didn't get any replay. I'm thinking I'll hear back from them tomorrow, so I'll post an update then.

07-12-2009
backstage pass

^yikes....i really hope things work out for you. it really doesn't make sense that they would charge you that much for customs since it's only supposed to be around 15%? make sure they're not trying to scam you!

front row

I called UPS and made sure, unfortunately it all sounded right. However, Acne offered to pay the customs for me (I cannot believe it)! It will take some extra days, but I'm so happy I contacted them. Apparently they're working on a system that offers Delivery Duty Paid automatically (but for now just email them and they'll sort it out).

PS. They also offered to ship it to my friends in Sweden without extra charges, but I went for the first offer. I <3 Acne!!

07-12-2009
fashion insider

Yay ingvildel!!! So happy for you and that you get to have them for a lower price than with all those custom fees!

07-12-2009
backstage pass

that's awesome invgildel! i'm glad it worked out for you that's REALLY nice of Acne to do that for you!

backstage pass

I LOVE the new gun metal gray wedges!! I think they look better than the previous ones.

Meg
inspired contemplation

wow - I can't believe they offered to pay the customs fee for you! That's unheard of. It's great that you called them!

14-12-2009
front row

Yeah, I couldn't believe it either, contacting Acne really saved me a lot of money. And it all worked out great, I got the booties just a few days later and I love them!

16-12-2009
fashion insider

Pictures ingvildel!

Im in a big dilemma everyone.. Just lost my job and I think I need to sell my Atacomas in black/brown. I reallyyyy don't want to but I feel like I need to. What would you all do?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
acne, shoes