How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-10-2006
windowshopping

I'm not sure when I would actually wear these - think they would totally take over my outfits and as I tend to walk about a lot don't think they would be very practical

28-10-2006
V.I.P.

I have the booties with the stirrups in black and I've worn them to work, and out to dinner quite a bit (homegrown italian as well as an irish pub). I wouldn't call them party shoes to stand around in all night but with skinny pants and tunics they work perfectly. I love the clunky bottom with the narrow top appeal, it works for me. I love these shoes, and will for many seasons to come.

28-10-2006
backstage pass

those are fabulous shoes.

MK Olsen always lets the clothes (shoes, bags, etc...) wear her, rather than the other way around. Hence the ridiculous-looking-ness. (???)

29-10-2006
backstage pass

i really like these shoes & i think that mk pulls them off very well but i'd never wear them because i can't walk in them

29-10-2006
the crying of humanity

My dream shoes – I can only imagine myself owning them, since actually purchasing a pair is highly unlikely.

30-10-2006
front row

i think MK looks so fkin amazing in them. I do agree though, she did let a lot of her wardrobe choices 'wear her' but within the past few weeks, shes been looking so amazing, and so forward.

so now. perfect,perfect,perfect.

oh, except minus the ugly sunglasses. perhaps she'll pick up a robotic balenciaga pair.

but back to the shoes. theses shoes are seriously magical. trust. put them on, and you're a whole new women.

30-10-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

I saw these at selfridges and was instantly drawn to them because they are so unique looking and if you take into account the platform the slope on them is not bad at all. I'm oddly not that concerned about walking in them (though I don't think i would wear them to work. maybe put them on there) but they just seem so inpractical. I find it hard to imagine them lasting beyond a season and what could I wear them with other than skinny/straight leg black pants? Do you have any pics of you wearing them luckyme?

31-10-2006
tailored

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_bubble
In-store, they don't seem to be stocking the SUPER high ones as used on the catwalk.... they're not too bad walking-wise....
yea, the ones they're selling in stores aren't as high as the runway versions...
i tried on the black booties at neiman marcus, and it did take some getting used to...
i did get a few compliments though...
i think because i was brave enough to try them on...:p

V.I.P.

sometimes I wear them without the stirrup piece's. I took this picture with some black leggings on but I have never worn them this way, legging's aren't my usual mode of dress. it was a sunday morning throw on strictly for pictures. They look very tame, don't you think?

Last edited by luckyme; 19-07-2007 at 12:25 PM.
31-10-2006
rising star

question- have any other celebs been wearing this around (ie- and photo'd)? i think that the contrast between the new breed of hollywould, rachel zoe-esque socialites and these huge shoes is interesting

01-11-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

thanks for the pics luckyme! They look great. I didn't realize the stirrups were detachable. hmmm.....they are just so effing cool.

01-11-2006
V.I.P.

I really should take a better picture because these boots are so much nicer than that picture above when worn with the right outfit. Today I have them on with black superfine jeans, a black dries van noten tunic with a silver ann demeulemeester belt and I felt great leaving the house (isn't that what it is all about, confidence). I am a big balenciaga shoe fan and these might be the favorite's in my collection because they are more comfortable than most others, and really put the finishing edge on what I like to wear. wish I had a camera today.

01-11-2006
trendsetter

steal one!!!! i need to see that outfit.lol

01-11-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

argh they are so tempting but I know that a.when I have like 3 pairs of shoes, buying these isn't really expanding my closet that much and b.they prob. will go on sale. I just love mixing their sort of punky weird element with my wardrobe (ie kiddy clothing and big black dresses).

01-11-2006
Meg
inspired contemplation

hmmm.....do you know if they are available anywhere online?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
balenciaga