How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-10-2003
windowshopping

I would like to make a stand for all of the big footed women in the world today, why is it that shoes are generally getting smaller made whilst we are getting bigger ?
why is it that the shops seems to think if you are a size 8 or 9 that you are not capable of wearing heels - only flat shoes (which always make your feet look bigger again) OR that there is "No Demand" for shoes in that size ?
How do they know about demand ? Do they note and record details of every customer that leaves feeling dejected and embarassed about their feet, then spends the rest of the day desperately trying to find a new pair of shoes that just fit...
I'd like to hear from anyone who has had the same experience, or has found the ideal shoe shop/designer etc. that caters for us creatures....i need help please !!

13-10-2003
scenester

I wish I could say I know the perfect shoes store, but I can't
I can tell you what I do, I shop a range of stores and keep my eyes on online stores for shoes.

13-10-2003
V.I.P.

If finding shoes in your size is a challenge, Nordstrom is the place for you. They specialize in providing a wide range of shoes in a wide range of sizes. Being on the opposite end of the spectrum (size 5 or 5 1/2) I depend on Nordstrom for the best selection. Try www.nordstrom.com if there isn't a brick & mortar near you.

retro queen

I can relate to what your saying Jensta. I've always had large feet and remember well the shame and embarassment of having to buy my gym shoes from the mens department as a teenager. Here in Australia we don't have a huge range of stores to choose from but I find that Mollini stores have plently of larger sizes and happily, the Nine West wearhouse shop always has an abundance of 10s. (Don't know why!) My sister wears an 11 and she finds it just hopeless, barely anyone carries shoes larger than 10.

I agree with what you said about the sizes, I used to fit a 9 or 9 1/2, but these days it must be a 10. Someone told me that just recently, many of the shoe manufacturers changed all the sizes and shapes of their shoe lasts (is that what they're called??) and actually made them smaller. Great!!!!!!

Maybe we could start an international club for big footed women and lobby the shoe manufacturers!

14-10-2003
windowshopping

I thought you had just answered all of my prayers Tealady, Nordstrum is in fact a wonderfull website/shop, so many shoes in my size and soooo much to chose from. I ordered three pairs straight away, got to the checkout and guess what they don't ship internationally - AAAAAArrrrrgggghhh !
What's a girl to do ? Well I think we should lobby the shoe companies ,particullarly those here in the UK, who export shoes in sizes that they do not make available here.
Charlotte - I think it is do-able ? Who else is up for it ?

14-10-2003
V.I.P.

Well, if it's that vital, you could call a Nordstrom store and they would ship them to you, even internationally. I just looked at the website for that. Depends on how much the call would be and whether you're okay with that.

rock-chic

A girl I was at college with was very tall with big feet & she sometimes bought shoes from shops/catalogues for transvestites. They had some surprisingly nice & tasteful ones as well as what one might expect!

& b

Quote:
Originally posted by Feline@Oct 16th, 2003 - 11:16 am
A girl I was at college with was very tall with big feet & she sometimes bought shoes from shops/catalogues for transvestites. They had some surprisingly nice & tasteful ones as well as what one might expect!
That's a great idea... normally you think of stupid, prostitute shoes, but no, some of them carries good selections of refined shoes, I saw a pair of pointy high stilleto heeled pump, for just 35 dollars,they came in all the colours of the rainbow ...to match their pride ..

You can also check at www.fredericks.com

& b

here is a link...

High heels

windowshopping

Try sexyshoes.com for some nice shoes, Fredericks.com also is good.

24-10-2003
trendsetter

Hi Guys,

I also wear a size 8-9 in Uk shoe size, i get very FRUSTRATED when i walk into a shop and can buy a pair of shoes in my size. This is why i want to design fashionable shoes like Choos, Louboutin and Blahniks standard shoes which offer both glamour and sex appeal. i love shoes and hand bags, and would love to find shoes that shows off my personality. In the Uk i have done some research with the some of the top shoe designers such as Blahniks and Gina, and found that only Jimmy Choos made shoes in a size 42/9, which was good, but not good enough!

My only problem is that i just simply cannot draw! this is my downfall, because i have so many ideas/designs in my head, that i cant actually put down on paper. I am considering a course in shoe making at The London College of Fashion/Cordwainers, as apparently they are the best for this particular move.

If anyone knows of a way i could teach myself to draw,please drop me a line. For all you ladies that like a little glamour in size 8 and up check out Kurt Geiger, i bought a pair of gorgeous diamante snake shoes last year, for my best friends wedding, and saw Victoria Beckham with them at the American music awards!

Let get together and change this system, because people are not size 5/6's anymore!

GucciGirl
X

25-10-2003
front row

I wear a size 10 in heels and I can fit into Prada, YSL, & Gucci shoes (among many others). I stick to open toed shoes most of the time, because I hate my toes getting squished. I won't have ugly feet just for the sake of fashion.

ETA: I never wear flats--it's against my religion.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensta
I would like to make a stand for all of the big footed women in the world today, why is it that shoes are generally getting smaller made whilst we are getting bigger ?
why is it that the shops seems to think if you are a size 8 or 9 that you are not capable of wearing heels - only flat shoes (which always make your feet look bigger again) OR that there is "No Demand" for shoes in that size ?
How do they know about demand ? Do they note and record details of every customer that leaves feeling dejected and embarassed about their feet, then spends the rest of the day desperately trying to find a new pair of shoes that just fit...
I'd like to hear from anyone who has had the same experience, or has found the ideal shoe shop/designer etc. that caters for us creatures....i need help please !!
I found this thread from the past and thought I would put up a pic of my favourite pair of elegant pumps. The quality of these shoes is first rate, in soft leather.

For Jensta, these are available up to size 46 from

www.fuss-schuhe.de

.... and they ship to any part of the world.

If you want to go a bit higher heel, try these, also up to size 46.

Xa

30-05-2005
front row

Watch this space - I've been working on this for some time,- I'll post on this thread when the website is ready and you can place your orders.

30-05-2005
backstage pass

If you can't wait until Lady Muck's site is up, try:
http://www.sexyshoes.com/index.html

They offer a lot more styles now than when this thread was first started.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
big, feet, flat, shoes