How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-04-2005
Cinematic Vision

I love birkenstocks, the ones in the first post and madrid style!

17-04-2005
V.I.P.

$300

the Gizeh... only metallic all over! I love love love love love these, but the hearts just ruin them.

17-04-2005
V.I.P.

Ugly as heck... also available in gold

$300

17-04-2005
tea time

i adore birkenstocks they are so comfy but not the metalic ones for me thank you!

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
17-04-2005
Cinematic Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyboots
i adore birkenstocks they are so comfy but not the metalic ones for me thank you!
Yeah, thats agreeable!

17-04-2005
tea time

i wore my ones out that i got last year i think they need to head for the bin! they where white ones but now look mud coloured i treat my shoes with so much respect!

17-04-2005
Cinematic Vision

^thats the same of mine, they look so mucky inside, even though your feet are clean!

17-04-2005
tea time

^^^ its an excuse to go buy some more! if only i had the money

17-04-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko.neko
lovvvvvvvvvve them ^^! at first i didn't know what the hype was about... people were wearing them EVERYWHERE in hongkong... so i bought a pair and found out why they were so good ^^... thankfully back at home are way less common
the thing about the "Birkenstocks" that are on the feet of so many Hong Kong kids these days is...they're not real birkenstocks! LOL I was surprised when I went back last summer at how they caught on like wildfire...before realizing that a lot of local brands have been making variations. The flip-flop model seems to be the most popular.

I bought a pair of Birkenstocks a few years ago, spent a whole summer trying to break them in after I followed the instructions the guy at the birkenstock store gave me, and they still hurt like hell, I think they don't fit the structure of my foot, so I ditched 'em. Nowadays I wouldn't be caught dead wearing these, they're a bit hippie/librarian for my tastes. Actually nowadays you would never catch me wearing a pair of sandals, period.

17-04-2005
backstage pass

They are quite unattractive, but last summer everyone had a pair, so I wanted some. I went in a store, tried them on, AND OOOOOOWWWWW, they hurt like an SOB. I know most ppl say they are the most comfortable shoe ever right, b/c they have raised areas that fill in the crevasses and arches in your feet, well for flat footed ppl like myself that raise in the shoe pierces the bone in your foot where instead of an arch its just flat, so it feels like someone is taking a knife and stabbing it into the soul of each foot. So i ditched the trend and bought a pair of Converse next store, HA HA So WARNING, anyone with flat feet don't buy Birks

Last edited by MZ Bloom; 17-04-2005 at 08:35 PM.
17-04-2005
blue

i have the gizeh (sp?) in white patent
its cute and super comfy
definitely get those!!!!!

blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ Bloom
They are quite unattractive, but last summer everyone had a pair, so I wanted some. I went in a store, tried them on, AND OOOOOOWWWWW, they hurt like an SOB. I know most ppl say they are the most comfortable shoe ever right, b/c they have raised areas that fill in the crevasses and arches in your feet, well for flat footed ppl like myself that raise in the shoe pierces the bone in your foot where instead of an arch its just flat, so it feels like someone is taking a knife and stabbing it into the soul of each foot. So i ditched the trend and bought a pair of Converse next store, HA HA So WARNING, anyone with flat feet don't buy Birks
actually i have flat feet(super flat too)... and i love wearing birkenstocks...
at first its uncomfortable but the shoes kinda molds to your feet...
so you'll feel fine once you wear them in

rising star

I have to agree with Fade to Black and MZ Bloom that these "shoes" aren't comfortable at all, at least not on feet that don't fit to their footbed. And I can say that they don't mold on my feet, even after years! (My mother kind of forced me to wear them as house slippers, so I have experience...)

I love to have the sole simple flat, so that only the areas that are intended to touch the ground get touched by the shoe.

And BTW, as a german often getting an aesthetical shock by seeing them on peoples feet, I would like to have them banned by the government, only nurses, cleaning personnel etc. should get a special licence that allows them to wear them.

And they won't look any better when you spray tons of gold and silver on them..

(ok, this was a mean post, but you have to understand.. I'm traumatized by my childhood experiences..)

18-04-2005
V.I.P.

I loooooooooove birkies. I have 2 pairs so far... a cornflower blue Madrid & a black suede Arizona. I want a brown Granada & maybe a navy clog sometime. Oooooooh & the Gizeh are cute too.

18-04-2005
V.I.P.

i love the birkenstocks that dior did this season... i'm thinking about buying them ... once they go on sale

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
birkenstocks