How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-10-2004
rising star

I guess its the same as the question I often ask myself about the relationship between hookers and thigh boots, I'll come back to that later!

However, would anyone say that the boots in the attached pic are "vampire style" and if not, what would you say would meet your idea of vamp style boots?

As for "hooker" boots, me and a few friends from a couple of Yahoo groups had a long discussion about this very topic. We all seem to agree that the stigma seems to eminate from a movie source, Pretty Woman.

In reality, thigh boots are expensive and very rarely seen in red light districts or such other places. Also, the indications seem to be that shoes and low (ankle) boots are usually worn, not only for cost but for running purposes and getting them off fast if a quick escape is needed.

Bear in mind, I dont visit these places but have been through a few during a couple of over-night stays in Amsterdam.

But back to the vampire boots question......are these what the term "vampire-style boots" brings to your minds?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg calf_high.jpg (13.9 KB, 98 views)

Fear the water...

14-10-2004
backstage pass

Do you mean vampire or vamp?

vamp Informal n.
A woman who uses her sex appeal to entrap and exploit men.

14-10-2004
rising star

Vampire as in fanged type thing which is "undead" and moves about at night.

Fear the water...
13-03-2005
V.I.P.

When I think of Vampires I think of thigh high super slim black crocodile boots with fringe at the top, a brooch with old stones, a peek-toe and a bronze dagger-like heel encrusted with old stones.

A boot that looks very old but extremely sexy (how else are they gonna get victims?)

13-03-2005
doom doom doom

When someone says vampire boots I immediately think of those godawful knee-high platform boots with spikes and crap (ala New Rocks)that alienated goth youths who pretend to be vampires wear. So to answer your question, no I don't see the boots you posted as vampire style.

14-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorling
When I think of Vampires I think of thigh high super slim black crocodile boots with fringe at the top, a brooch with old stones, a peek-toe and a bronze dagger-like heel encrusted with old stones.
that sounds hot!

14-03-2005
V.I.P.

I can't really conjure up an image of shoes that matches vampires.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boots, style, vampire