How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-03-2005
rising star

Chunky heels back in style?
I figure just because I see lots of boots of this type here, doesnt mean to say they are everywhere. For the past year or more, stilletos have been everywhere, and although I'm not too fond of them (except the metal/chrome heel ones that is ), but here there seems to be alot of lowish heel (about 2-3") chunky knee length boots around. I must've seen over a dozen today alone.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

Fear the water...

21-03-2005
backstage pass

If Miuccia Prada has anything to say about it, chunky heels certainly are back in style. Consider a couple of her S/S 2005 offerings:
(pictures courtesy style.com)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chunky Prada.jpg (17.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Chunky Prada 2.jpg (18.7 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Deleted 2; 21-03-2005 at 01:19 PM.
21-03-2005
V.I.P.

They're quite interesting in my opinion, much better than stilettos, but I am not into heels, so I don't really know.

21-03-2005
front row

I've been seing chunky heels a lot lately, I personally don't like them, I'm just hoping that if this gets big that they wont fill the stores in Iceland with chunky heeled shoes, it's hard enough to buy shoes here allready. Allways the same stuff Chunky is though ok on boots, I own very tight, knee high leather boots with chunky heels and the boots would look horrible with slim heels, but I do prefer slim and elegant heels.

rising star

According to those in the know, dont the zips on tight fitting boots dig into the skin? Of course if said boots were pill ups or perhaps even lace up style, then that would negate the problem.......

Just a last minute thought.

Fear the water...
21-03-2005
fashion insider

I've always worn chunky heels. It means that they are more suitable as all day lots of walking shoes. They last for ages, and it means while those silly women wearing spike heels are wibbling and wobbling over grates and cracked tiles, I can beat the walking rush hour and tread where a spiked heel dare not tread.

21-03-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by balacau
According to those in the know, dont the zips on tight fitting boots dig into the skin? Of course if said boots were pill ups or perhaps even lace up style, then that would negate the problem.......
Yes, but often at the cost of a wide and unsightly shaft. There was a love it/hate it exchange somewhere in this forum about such boots a while ago. Many times a pull-on boot makes ankle and leg look grossly fat.

21-03-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by misssakura
I've always worn chunky heels. It means that they are more suitable as all day lots of walking shoes. They last for ages, and it means while those silly women wearing spike heels are wibbling and wobbling over grates and cracked tiles, I can beat the walking rush hour and tread where a spiked heel dare not tread.
But I LIKE wibbling and wobbling!

21-03-2005
V.I.P.

yes, chunky heels are "in" again this season...my favorite being dior's detective pumps

21-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery
But I LIKE wibbling and wobbling!
me too ... ... but i prefer chunky heels if i need to walk a lot during the day (which i normally do)

21-03-2005
V.I.P.

a chunky (but not ugly) heeled pump, with a rounded toe is admittedly my favorite kind of shoe. i'm going to be getting these vivienne westwoods:

[img]*****************************/image/0306200414515266.jpg[/img]

21-03-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
a chunky (but not ugly) heeled pump, with a rounded toe is admittedly my favorite kind of shoe. i'm going to be getting these vivienne westwoods:
I prefer the sight of boots to shoes really, but I agree that the style is nice

Fear the water...

Last edited by brian; 21-03-2005 at 04:28 PM.
21-03-2005
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
yes, chunky heels are "in" again this season...my favorite being dior's detective pumps
Holy cow, who needs to wibble and wobble when those beauties exist...why do I have to be poor..WHY

21-03-2005
V.I.P.

i must remind you guys: please, as per tfs posting policy, do not include the image when quoting a post

if you do not comply, i won't hesitate to edit your post(s) and remove the images.

21-03-2005
front row

Those Dior detective pumps are hot Maybe they'll go on sale on eluxury within the next month or two..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
chunky, heels, style