How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-12-2008
front row

Crocs !!! Hate them or love them
I dont like them, but i do own a pair that i wear in the house because honestly... they are comfortable. What do you think of them?
They have high heeled ones now, and a new collection, You, that are made in italy

08-12-2008
tfs star

Well, there's a comfort factor to them. I actually think they are good comfortable shoes, not to mention not being terribly ugly to wear. Bad idea to pair these with some stylish look. But for a lazy day and dressing lazy, you can't go wrong with Crocs. Crocs also have better foot support than your average flip-flops. So that's another plus for them.

in the mood for love

I don't think you will see lots of love for crocs on TFS.
I would never wear them. Ever. I'd rather walk on my bare feet. And it doesn't matter how comfy they are. There are plenty of shoes that are comfy and actually look nice.

V.I.P.

Hideous!! They remind me of Florida. No offense to anyone from there who has good taste. :p

08-12-2008
front row

Lol !

08-12-2008
backstage pass

Proof that crocs are hazadorous to your life.

Cros is facing a lawsuits over footwear getting caught in escalators. Kerry Burdicck's 6-year-old son was injured during a visit to the National Aquarium in Baltimore when his right shoe was caught. (Handout photo / December 4, 2008)

A Pennsylvania mother yesterday filed a multimillion-dollar federal lawsuit against the makers of the popular Crocs footwear after her 6-year-old son's shoe was caught and trapped in an escalator at the National Aquarium in Baltimore this spring, mangling his right big toe.

Kerry Burdick, who lives in Eagleville, Pa., claims Colorado-based Crocs Inc. knew its foam clogs were unsafe for escalator travel yet did nothing to warn the public, according to the lawsuit, which seeks more than $7.5 million in damages. It was filed yesterday morning in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.

More than 200 people worldwide have reported similar incidents, according to a legal document filed by Crocs Inc. in a separate case, one involving a 3-year-old who broke three toes when her Croc was caught in an Atlanta airport escalator in June. The company, which has said its shoes aren't to blame, did not return a call requesting comment yesterday.

A National Aquarium spokeswoman confirmed that the incident occurred in April but declined to comment further. That same month, days before the Burdicks visited Baltimore, Japan's Trade Ministry announced that it had asked Crocs Inc. to redesign its colorful shoes after receiving 65 complaints about escalator injuries during a six-month period in 2007.

In July, the company said it would add escalator safety warning tags to all of its shoes by spring of next year as part of an awareness campaign.

"Escalator entrapments have occurred for more than 40 years, far longer than Crocs has been in business, and these accidents often are preventable," Ron Snyder, president and chief executive of Crocs Inc., said in a statement at the time.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission concluded in a May warning that flexible clogs are more likely to pose a risk than other shoes. Of the 77 incidents reported to the agency between January 2006 and May 2007, all but two involved Croc-style shoes, which seem to get caught most when entering or exiting an escalator, or if the wearer's foot is too close to the side.

"This is a newer product on the market that poses a risk, and we felt it was responsible to let consumers know," CPSC spokeswoman Julie Vallese told a Consumer Reports blogger. "It's not the shoe causing the injury but an unintentional risk when using an escalator."

"If you go buy Crocs in the spring of '09, you'll get a warning. What about the 5 million pairs of Crocs sold without the warning? These are all parents who don't know" about the risk, said Burdick's New York attorney, Andrew Laskin.
source: baltimoresun

V.I.P.

i am all for ugly ish shoes but these are just ugly and to me have no purpose. not even the comfort factor. for that i wear plain flip flops
for warmth i wear ugg boots//

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
08-12-2008
catch me if you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThemEatCake View Post
Hideous!! They remind me of Florida. No offense to anyone from there who has good taste. :p
I am not from FL but I live here now and I cringe every time I see them. They are just so clunky and are not flattering! Letc, I can see why you may say that b/c that is all the tourists wear when they are here. Its such a shame. Around Disney instead of the standard circle cut outs on the front of the shoe, they are shaped like Mickey Mouse!

I am with Leyla, I prefer Havaianas for comfort!

Last edited by iLoveCouture; 08-12-2008 at 07:51 PM.
08-12-2008
barcode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legyviel View Post
I don't think you will see lots of love for crocs on TFS.
I would never wear them. Ever. I'd rather walk on my bare feet. And it doesn't matter how comfy they are. There are plenty of shoes that are comfy and actually look nice.
Exactly! That's what I'll never get about Crocs. They aren't the only comfortable shoes out there. I mean, flip flops, ballet flats, nice sneakers...they all fill the comfy-casual role without looking like a flotation device.

08-12-2008
I am half-sick of shadows

Hate is too mild a word...loathe is probably a little more appropriate. As someone else said, I'd rather walk around in my bare feet than wear these.

08-12-2008
front row

I won't lie. I own a pair, but it's because I live on an island and it makes sense to wear these.

I don't wear them to the shopping mall or to go out, but to the beach and to do work around the house I do.

08-12-2008
Not Thinking About Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetThemEatCake View Post
They do as a florida native (thank god I dont live there anymore no offense to any one who still resides in florida) they do everyone wears them. I hate crocs with a passion I would wear stripper shoes before I would wear crocs. Or those awful 9,000 $ tom ford boots
> >
pics tom ford hot stripper shoes crocs

Portfolio Last FM
08-12-2008
trendsetter

I thought this trend was dead. I haven't seen someone in crocs in a while, maybe because it's winter now.

From crocsshoes.com.au:

What are they?

Crocs shoes were first developed in 2002, with the American yachting market in mind. Almost immediately, however, they become popular with people who have never even set foot on a boat.

First of all, I had NO idea these were substitutes for boat shoes! And secondly I know that this copy wasn't intentionally meant to be funny, but the addition of the second line about people who never set foot on a boat made me laugh. It's a little hard to imagine someone spending millions on their yacht wanting to be seen in these shoes.

Last edited by lollicandy; 08-12-2008 at 10:32 PM.
09-12-2008
Aby
V.I.P.

Awful things! I can't even call those "shoes".

I just don't get how those ugly things could ever conquer the world.

Furthermore, as mentionned, they seem quite dangerous as I see signs cautioning people wearing crocs to be careful near escalators...

09-12-2008
rising star

They look like shoes the cleaning lady or the gardener wears and should only be worn as such.
I just wonder people who do wear them outside their house, what do they think? Do they think it looks cool? It is comfy so I do not care I wear hideous gardening shoes?
I always wonder.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
crocs, hate, love