How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-05-2004
backstage pass

You have to look in the right places. I was lucky to find a store that sold discontinued styles but their selection was really random. Just try a whole bunch of styles in your size and one of them might fit. Two of roomates last year had uber small feet yet they still managed to find a pair before I did.

06-03-2005
rising star

Doc Martens: how many eyelets do they go to?
A curious question I must admit, but something that occured to me when I saw a pair on eBay with 20 eyelets?!

The most I'd ever seen before that was 14, and those were pretty much like low heel knee length boots.

Anyone got any advances over 20?

Thanks

06-03-2005
ingenue

the 20 eyelets stop at the knee - no taller than that...I know because I have some. as far as I know I think that is as many eyelets as you can get with docs.

07-03-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia
the 20 eyelets stop at the knee - no taller than that...I know because I have some. as far as I know I think that is as many eyelets as you can get with docs.
They sound perfect for those cold winter mornings, and with having no heel (although some Doc Marten boots have a chunky heel of sorts) you dont really have to worry about slipping on an ice patch and breaking your ankle!

They must take quite a while to lace up though and I would think they dont have those eyelet/hook things that most lace up boots do either.

Even so, I'm sure they look good

26-03-2005
rising star

Doc Martens (Made in China vs. Made in England)
Hi everyone, I'm hoping I'm not the only one who still wears Docs. Anyhow, after a knee injury and a sprained ankle, I have found that both pairs of my beloved Docs don't fit my left foot anymore. The right foot is fine, though...
Anyhow, I bought a new pair just recently, haven't worn them out yet, but learned that now all Doc Martens are made in China! I have nothing really against this since many sneakers, clothes are made in China now. My question is... for those of you who have Docs made in China.. how have they been holding up? I have had my other 2 pairs for 5 years and can't wear them anymore, and can't find any made in England whatsoever. Anyhow, I'd love to hear any input on this...
I can't wear any other kinds of boots because I can't wear heels anymore, have wide feet and bunions. I recently purchased the cherry red 1460's, the original model that came out.
Thanks so much for your help!

26-03-2005
V.I.P.

i find it a shame that most product manufacturing is being or has been moved to china due to cheaper cost of labor.

26-03-2005
front row

I agree - the fact that they dont make Docs in the UK anymore really really peeves me, but Im not sure I can name a specific, logical reason.... it just pisses me off.
rawr!

27-03-2005
rising star

Does anyone have the ones made in China?

30-06-2005
front row

I looooooove the 20 eye Doc's. Such a great, weird shoes, so hard to put on, so wonderful.

01-07-2005
trendsetter

20 eyelets are not really knee high. Underground shoes, who makes smiliar boots, have models with 30 eyelets.

02-07-2005
windowshopping

yep there are underground boots (steeltoe) with 30 eyelets and they look horrible!

02-07-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrendSpotCologne
yep there are underground boots (steeltoe) with 30 eyelets and they look horrible!
Well I have to say I'm not a fan of steel toed anything

I wonder if there is a record somewhere of who can lace up a pair of 20-eyelet DM's the quickest!

Fear the water...
02-07-2005
windowshopping

yeah...
Steel toe boots look like clown boots or boots for people with big toes
But, I think Dr.Martens boots (8 till 10 eyelets) can look very classy.

27-11-2008
front row

Doc Martens - how do they fit?
I'm a U.S. 9, Miu Miu 39.5, Marni 40 (sandals) or 41 (pumps), mostly Italian 40 for other shoes. What size should I get for boots? Are there any other comparable cheap flat boots out there?

Last edited by virginia; 27-11-2008 at 06:09 PM.
29-11-2008
fashion icon

^ I would say get a UK7..I am the exact size as you and I have 4 pairs and they are all UK7 and they fit great...I just ordered another pair of the Yohji ones!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
doc, martens