How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-05-2004
windowshopping

Doc Martens
I absolutely love Dr Martens Classics, but all these (in my opinion) cloney pop stars keep wearing my beloved boots. Does anyone know of any boots that are similar to Dr Martens but are more original and less mainstream at the moment?
Call me petty but I can't stand wearing exactly the same as everybody else.
Thanks,

02-05-2004
Proponent of Plaid

Carolina workboots. They are THE BEST.

I have had these for six years and they are still holding up strong. Plus you can get them re-soled and re-heeled, which you can't with Docs.

Don't get me wrong, I like Docs a lot. I have a pair of oxfords and a pair of 20 eyelet tall boots, but my Carolinas get the most wear of all.

& b

I wanna get a pair of boots like those, to stick them into my MiuMiu silver pants ...Where can I get those?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alejandro@May 2nd, 2004 - 4:56 pm
I wanna get a pair of boots like those, to stick them into my MiuMiu silver pants ...Where can I get those?
Try googling it...

02-05-2004
Proponent of Plaid

Go to a work-clothes warehouse that sells uniform stuff and workboots and overalls and the like. That is your best bet. You can get some great boots at work warehouse shops. Those electrician's lineman boots are the BEST. I wish I had gotten a pair of those rather than those stupid 20 eyelet Docs. The lineman's boots are better because they have hooks rather than eyelets, so they are much easier to lace up and get in and out of.

V.I.P.

I LOVE them

rising star

Hrm, I wondered why sometimes when I see the taller Doc Martens (14 holes +) they were only half laced up.......

I think they look pretty good..........can be formal or dressy. Cant speak from experience though

Fear the water...
03-05-2004
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Daria boots!

Soviet Camaro

Fluevog

gromosexual

Quote:
Originally posted by Belowen@May 3rd, 2004 - 7:14 am
Daria boots!
That's the first thing I thought of too!!! Who didn't love that cartoon?!

04-05-2004
V.I.P.

i love dr martens but unfortunately, i have pretty skinny lower part of legs and my shoe size is smalllll...so i look like a bigfoot in them though i do love how they look paired with cute skirts..or whatever.

rising star

My sister had many friends who went through a "goth" stage, wearing all black, etc. One of the things that interested me was the high-leg Doc Martens. One such friend I still have some contact with. She had 3 pair, a 10 hole, 14 hole and a 20 hole.

Shes got a strong figure and looks real nice in them. Cant wear knee boots for that reason as her calves are muscular (her words, not mine)

Fear the water...
04-05-2004
V.I.P.

i always wanted the 20 eye ones... after seein them on some japanese guy in the fruits book... i loved how they looked on him... only done up half way... all that excess leather hanging down.... the sheer excess of buyin big *** boots but not wanting them really i loved... never got the boots though... cash flow problems of an art student... i had silk paint to buy which was more important.... n gold leaf....

04-05-2004
backstage pass

I have long, thin feet and skinny ankles but I've managed to find a pair of Docs that fit me. It took years though and the first pair I got in grade 7 still sit in my closet because they are too big. But I managed to find some 8 hole boots that fit. They are a slightly softer leather than regular Docs so they form to my ankles and feet better. I love them, they're this really neat dark blue-green colour that changes slightly under different lighting.

I only wear them with jeans though. I can't figure out out to make them look good with skirts.

04-05-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by banana@May 4th, 2004 - 1:29 pm
I have long, thin feet and skinny ankles but I've managed to find a pair of Docs that fit me. It took years though and the first pair I got in grade 7 still sit in my closet because they are too big. But I managed to find some 8 hole boots that fit. They are a slightly softer leather than regular Docs so they form to my ankles and feet better. I love them, they're this really neat dark blue-green colour that changes slightly under different lighting.

I only wear them with jeans though. I can't figure out out to make them look good with skirts.
it depends on the skirt..i wore this knee length, baggy ish velvety skirt and tried on docs and they looked great except they looked sooo hugeee..

im so envious of you for finding the perfect fit though im still on my hunt

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
doc, martens