How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-04-2009
backstage pass

the shoes this season are absolutely gorgeous! i love the black and gold combinations especially.

ta-ta - i love the shoes you purchased! i have a question for you, the "cinderella" effect ... does that apply to both the shoes with the toe ring and the shoes with the two thin straps that wrap around the big toe? if so, i think i'm out of luck for the sandal styles that i'm interested in.

13-04-2009
Power to the 99%

^ I don't know about the toe ring, noplace I went had it ... I was just speculating that it might be the same. The one I had the issue with was the other one you mention. The other thing was that there is actually metal in those metallic straps & they're very stiff. They seemed like they might well cut into the skin & be uncomfortable.

I tried on one other pair of shoes this season (Bottega) that I just could not wear. It's mystifying ... I feel it must be a design flaw

PS We have a What to wear on a bicycle thread now that I was hoping you'd contribute to

13-04-2009
backstage pass

^ thanks for the info! i've been looking for some nice flat sandals, but i may be out of luck with the Dries models this season (i agree re: design flaws!). i was also interested in the ethnic flat that has been appearing on this thread, but alas, my husband really dislikes them. oh, and thanks for the pointer for the bicycling thread, i'll check it out! although i haven't been riding in a while (i'm 5 months pregnant right now!)

13-04-2009
Power to the 99%

^ Congratulations! (We have pregnancy and maternity wear threads too )

13-04-2009
backstage pass

^ thanks ta-ta!! i'm gonna try to track down one of the toe ring styles ... maybe the flat versions will be easier? his sandals are so beautiful this season!

14-04-2009
backstage pass

ok, so I'm on the hunt for flat sandals (heels are out for me for a while). Am I crazy for considering these? I know they are very simple, and I can probably find something similar for much less ... yet I am really drawn to the tan/silver/black combination! They seem so right with a dark pedicure and loose black pants. opinions?

pic from monamoore
Attached Images
File Type: jpg driessandals.jpg (30.0 KB, 4 views)

14-04-2009
Power to the 99%

^ I fear the toe ring is going to be uncomfortable due to the metal ... if you can try them on in person that would be ideal. But other than that, I think whatever you are drawn to right now is exactly what you should have

14-04-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

^
I agree! Honestly, I think the items we are most happy with (and get the most wear out of) are the ones we see and just instantly love. You could hunt around and find something cheaper maybe, but for all the effort it might not be as nice. The only thing I would caution against is if the sole's are entirely wood. It looks like they might be a bit squishy, in which case that's fine, but I have flat sandals that are cheap (old navy) and the whole shoe has a wooden sole and they don't have any arch support so they can hurt after awhile.

14-04-2009
Power to the 99%

^ I think it's all leather ... they look to be made more or less like mine. Mine aren't squishy ... but it may be that the flats have a bit different construction.

14-04-2009
V.I.P.

check out the dries shoe selection at butter. go into their gallery and click on dries. i always like their selection, its different.

14-04-2009
backstage pass

thanks meg and ta-ta for the opinions!

luckyme - i saw their selection, i was considering the black strappy flat for a while, but i thought the simple flats on monamoore would be more versatile in my wardrobe. i love the clothing selection, but that's for another thread!

14-04-2009
Of too many minds

tourist10, the soles for the Dries sandals for this season are squishy..I got myself the ornate flats from this season and they are lightly padded. The sole also curves up slightly to cradle the foot...extremely comfy!

P.S. I love your avatar...that's one of my favourite anime of all time!

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

Last edited by PrincessImp.; 14-04-2009 at 01:47 PM.
14-04-2009
V.I.P.

pi, i didnt realize you got those. they're gorgeous, i think those are my favorites so far. would you mind posting a picture wearing them?

14-04-2009
backstage pass

ahh, thanks for the info! i love the ones you purchased, they would have been my pick too if my husband didn't dislike them please post a pic when you get a chance!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessImp. View Post
tourist10, the soles for the Dries sandals for this season are squishy..I got myself the ornate flats from this season and they are lightly padded. The sole also curves up slightly to cradle the foot...extremely comfy!

P.S. I love your avatar...that's one of my favourite anime of all time!

14-04-2009
V.I.P.

i guess it really does say something for the designer when their are so many great choices that one can't decide on just one...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dries, noten, shoes, van