How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-12-2004
trendsetter

Driving Moccasins : JP Tods, etc...
Does anyone know of a place where I can buy JP Tod's driving loafers online???
I've been searching online for awhile, and have yet to find a website

Thank you.

And the world will live as one..."
-John Lennon

06-12-2004
front row

Neiman Marcus.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/...at000199&cmCat=

EdK
trendsetter

Driving loafers/shoes
can anyone tell me what driving shoes should be worn for? can they be worn like any other shoe to talk around in all day? i ask this cuz the bottom of the shoe or sole is different then any other shoe.

20-04-2005
mmmmmm...fashion....

driving shoes should really be treated more as slippers for the home. a tod worn outside won't last more than a week- the edges by the heel bruise and wear very easily. and of course never never wear socks!

20-04-2005
fashion elite

^really?
wow I didnt know that- I have been wanting a pair of Tods driving mocs for sometime now...

20-04-2005
EdK
trendsetter

wow that sucks, youre probably right cuz the soles of driving shoe is like a grid revealing the bottom leather which would probably get damaged easily. i was going to invest in some jil sander driving loafers too cuz they look sweet but for the suggested price and what travis says i prolly wont get um.

20-04-2005
mmmmmm...fashion....

well the tod pebble sole will always be a classic but they do have similar styles with a regular sole for 'outdoor use'. i also remeber ysl brought out a more practical rubber sole driving shoe.

20-04-2005
backstage pass

I have a pair of Tod's driving mocs which I love and wear everywhere in Summer. I also am a proud owner of a pair of classic CarShoe and dark blue Pradas for years. They all have classic pebble soles.

20-04-2005
barcode

They're pretty versatile, they can be worn casually out for everyday and dress up a pair of jeans or they can be worn with more dressy attire to make it more easy....I always associate them with summer, maybe because they're so easy and comfortable.

20-04-2005
EdK
trendsetter

thanks for the input guys, i agree with you spike driving shoes have this summery feel and i would only wear them in the summer as well.

20-04-2005
fashion elite

I have many pairs of Tod's classic drivers, as well as some from other brands, and I have gotten A LOT of wear out of most of them. I have never had the issue of the pebbles wearing down tremendously, they will soften and wear down a bit when being broken in, but after that they are fine. That being said, they are not really designed to be worn for city pavement-pounding, and are not really that comfortable for longer walks (absolutely no support). You also have to be careful not to walk on gravel, chunky dirt, or anything sticky, because it could easily ruin some of the pebbles. I was once in my shoe repair place on 55th street, and a woman was having her gommini soles replaced with an ultra thin rubber sole. It didn't look bad, and the pebbles remain on the back part of the shoe, so it still had the classic Tod's look. These shoes are extremely versatile, and the quality is quite good, but if you want something a little more carefree I suggest going with something by Prada or LV (the Lombok's are great and have a rubber-strip sole instead of dots).

scenester

I have my favorite pair of black Tods that I live in during the summer and this weekend I bought a pair of white by CarShoe. When I tried them on in the store they felt like slippers made to fit my feet they were so soft. I hope they hold up as well as my beloved Tods. I love the degas ballerina by Tods and can't wait to see what colors they do for fall.

28-05-2006
backstage pass

I'm a Tod's fan. Have them in black patent, toffee calf, sand suede, turquoise suede and pale green suede. I don't wear them for walking long distances. I live in California and am in a car all the time.

I also have other driving loafers from higher-end and mid-range brands, including J. Crew and St. John Sport. I like the style, although it's sort of masculine and I find that I have to feminize my accessories.

28-05-2006
fashion elite

The part of the sole that goes up the back/heel part of the shoe was created to keep the leather from getting worn down while driving, as that part is usually resting against the floor board.

I find I can wear mine anywhere. But I agree....for a long day of walking around they are probably not the best.

But I love seeing guys in them, no socks, and jeans. It's a great look.

29-05-2006
mmmmmm...fashion....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianastar

But I love seeing guys in them, no socks, and jeans. It's a great look.
"middleaged, overweight, tanned man on the cote d'zure" look maybe..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
driving, jp, moccasins, tods