How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-04-2005
when the rats run riot

DSW -- Great shoes, great bargains!
Let's express our love for the ever-so-popular DSW! Since I went there a couple months ago, I have become completely addicted! And will somebody explain what the whole credit-card deal is? I never really got a straight story...

24-04-2005
scenester

*gasps* I have an undying love for DSW--there are times when I must physically restrain myself from enetering the store. There is a store in the Pittsburgh area that often as designer shoes, usually a season old...I bought an adorable pair of lemon colored Prada wedges for something like $120. As for the credit card, are you talking about their DSW shopper card? (if so) it's a bonus syestem, every time you spend...$250 (i think), you'll get a $25 ticket in the mail. Also, this adds you to their mailing list so you'll get all sorts of fun coupons! ooh, just talking about it makes me want to go!

24-04-2005
scenester

its for every $250 you spend?! haha I so have to question my mom on how much she spends there on a weekly average. *my mom is obssessed with buying shoes, and purses and clothes.. why didnt i get those genes!* - should snag a pic of her shoe "collection" she has in the closet right now, or snag a pic when she changes shoe seasons haha ..

DSW is great I buy tons of gym shoes from there, I got a pair of white and pink kswiss and these white and orage pumas and a basic pair of adidas runners for like $25 ..

24-04-2005
V.I.P.

I never find shoes I like at DSW. The mens section is either atrocious athletic shoe, old man boat shoe, yuppie tassled loafer, or the occasional exccentric animal print penny loafer. Ive only found one pair of shoes I liked there, they were Diesel's, I got them but then the leather was creased, the suede was like flat and the glue was showing so I returned them. I haven't been there since like early 2004 so they might have changed.

25-04-2005
when the rats run riot

I'm talking about some credit card scam I heard about on the news, but never really got what happened, can somebody tell me?

25-04-2005
scenester

oohh yea! my father was telling me about that (although at the time I was convinved he was just trying to keep me out of the store) Supposedly a Hacker broke into the computer syestem and gained access to the credit card numbers of those who had recently made purchases. Not too sure if anyone had "mysterious" charges on their card but I do know that this happened...oh well, I'll just pay with cash!

25-04-2005
front row

The DSW near Union Square (in NYC) is awesome.

25-04-2005
when the rats run riot

Nothing comes between me and my shoes, of course I will just pay with cash!

25-04-2005
backstage pass

I like to go there and look but I havent bought anything from there yet.

www.styleisagift.com
www.myspace.com/styleisagift
25-04-2005
fashion elite

wow! I had no idea!
I should really take that place more seriously...

front row

i got this awesome pair of Lauren slingbacks there for $30, on clearance. Oh man, I love that place. There's one right near my house too....

However, i do agree that their guy shoes kind of suck.

Proponent of Plaid

I have had no luck at DSW...they don't have much choice in wide-widths, and what there is in my size is too old-fashioned for my grandma!

I got my Esprit mary-janes that I hate at DSW. I was desperate for a pair of girl shoes for a wedding, but they were so horrible and uncomfortable that I ended up taking the taps off my old character shoes and wearing those instead! Cursed Esprits were on clearance sale, so I could not take them back.

Last edited by As You Like It; 25-04-2005 at 08:39 PM.
26-04-2005
when the rats run riot

They get different merchandise all the time, you just have to go at the right time. The first time I went there was awful, but recently I've been there and of course, it was great!

26-04-2005
trendsetter

I always go to DSW when I'm in the States, I got an amazing 90% off deal on some Givenchy and Miu Miu shoes. Sometimes I don't find anything, sometimes I find 5 pairs, it really depends.

26-04-2005
fashion insider

sounds really great. i had never been to one except i went to Fort Worth to see a cousin and stopped by. My mom and I loved it. We saw so many we would buy, but I never saw and high end designer shoes in there. You guys must have a great one.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bargains, dsw, great, shoes