Frye Boots - Page 12 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
01-01-2008
wob
scenester

FRYE boots - 'Arkansas'
anyone know where i can find these in the UK?

or somewhere i can buy them online from the US that will mail to the UK?

im not sure about sizing though.. and was hoping somebody who already has some could give me an idea of if they come in bigger than average size-wise... otherwise, ill just guess and hope for the best!

thanks all!

11-01-2008
rising star

Does anyone have a pair of Frye sandals? I'm looking to purchase online and i'm normally a size 6-6.5 so i'm wondering which size to go with ... ? Does anyone know if they run small? Many thanks in advance!

windowshopping

Softgrey: I know you did your boots like 2 years ago, but how did you cut off the tops? Did you just draw a line and cut them off with scissors? Your boots look so amazing and worn in! I don't think I would be able to get that kind of lived in look just by wearing them often.

19-01-2008
Meg
inspired contemplation

i'm so annoyed. After hemming and hawing over boots (traditionally I never wear them) I've decided that the frye engineer 12r's are what I want. Of course, not only can I only find them sporadically, I can't find them either in my size or on sale. I'd prefer to get them off revolve clothing since they ship free to Canada, but that seems to be the one style they don't carry. Shopbop carries them but not in my size. Zappo's has them but doesn't ship to Canada. Nowhere in my city carries the brand. I'm going to Montreal next weekend and I don't think anywhere there carries the brand either. Argh.

edit: Can anyone tell me whether they fit true to size? I'm normally a 6.5 - 7. There is a size 8 going for cheap on ebay though so i'm not sure if those would fit or just be too big?

Last edited by Meg; 19-01-2008 at 05:56 PM.
19-01-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
i'm so annoyed. After hemming and hawing over boots (traditionally I never wear them) I've decided that the frye engineer 12r's are what I want. Of course, not only can I only find them sporadically, I can't find them either in my size or on sale. I'd prefer to get them off revolve clothing since they ship free to Canada, but that seems to be the one style they don't carry. Shopbop carries them but not in my size. Zappo's has them but doesn't ship to Canada. Nowhere in my city carries the brand. I'm going to Montreal next weekend and I don't think anywhere there carries the brand either. Argh.

edit: Can anyone tell me whether they fit true to size? I'm normally a 6.5 - 7. There is a size 8 going for cheap on ebay though so i'm not sure if those would fit or just be too big?
I've never been to the store, but Chou Chou in Westmount carries the brand according to their site. Don't know if they have the Engineers in particular. I got mine on Revolve (guess they're sold out).

I usually wear 7.5 or 8, and I got a pair of 7.5. They're roomy enough to wear with medium-thick socks. So I wouldn't size up with them.

19-01-2008
Meg
inspired contemplation

thanks for the tip about chou chou. Still....if these boots go for such a low price i'd rather get them and just slip an insert into them...

06-03-2008
turn and face the strange

I've been wearing my brown harness boots for a while now (lot of the time at work, standing up..) and they've been broken in. I suggest just wearing them all the time and they get so comfy! It's funny when people pick them up though and say "man how do you wear these, they're so heavy!!"

07-03-2008
rising star

I got mine from ebay 3 or 4 years ago for about 60 quid. You used to be able to get them in office but I dont know now.

07-03-2008
V.I.P.

meg, I think Fryes run on the large side so sizing up might be a risk.

11-03-2008
front row

I have the Frye Carmen boots
I found that they fit true to size, i wouldnt size up

03-05-2008
windowshopping

I thought I'd post my collection since I'm addicted to Frye boots. I have been spoiled by their high quality, and I love them all! My sizing runs all over the place--I'm a true 6. And I find that the boots are more comfortable and sturdy to walk in than their heels. I got them all on major discount too! I'm really reluctant to pay full price for them, even though they're probably worth it.

These were my first: Banana Campus, $125, size 6 (they squeeze my wide feet, I need to break them in more!)

My favorite flat boots: Slate Blue Veronica Slouch, $120, size 7

My holy grail black boots: Tina Campus, $200, size 6.5

And a crappy picture of me wearing them:

My latest: Villager Lace in dark brown, $80, size 5.5

Last edited by diana37; 03-05-2008 at 11:24 AM.
03-05-2008
still here

my favorites are your favorite flat ones, the slate blue veronica slouch, they're great!

06-05-2008
tfs star

I am in love with your collection diana. I need a pair of heeled black boots and those tinas would be perfect!!!!

V.I.P.

diggin up old threads!!!! just bought these boots...i thought they'd be nice for spring, because the shaft is done in canvas, so they wouldn't get all that hot. i also thought if i modified them, i could get a vivienne westwood pirate boot look if i wanted...so what do you all think??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14453286_20_b.jpg (11.8 KB, 1 views)

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
24-05-2008
tfs star

I realllly love those!!! Forget strappy sandals,I want a whole closet of Frye's

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boots, frye