Frye Boots - Page 18 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
15-06-2009
backstage pass

You can also post on the "in search of..." thread if you haven't already:
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...57246-122.html

I see their at Overstock but not in your size. So perhaps put a bug in the ear of CS ppl there and @ Zappos?

"...insanity is thinking that you need something you don't have. The mere fact that you exist right now without that which you think you need is proof that you don't need it."-Byron Katie (<-DOESNT APPLY to SHOES) TheFitChick.com *~* TWITTER me
06-07-2009
backstage pass

Which would you all say is the 'classier' of the following?:
- Frye Veronica Slouch (Dark Brown)
- Frye Engineer 15 (Gaucho)
- Frye Campus (Dark brown)
- Frye Carson Pull-on

I'm looking for a pair of boots that I can wear pretty much everyday paired with leggings/jeans. TIA!

07-07-2009
windowshopping

I'd say the Veronicas are the classiest, but I am biased toward them!

I own the Paige Tall Riding in black. Wore them ALL last winter. Love them. I am planning to buy the 12R Harness boots in the fall. Frye owns my heart.

07-07-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

I don't know. I have the Engineer and I wore them as a sort of 'tough' boot with dresses and tights, and with jeans tucked in. But I also love the campus - it is a quintessentially classic boot and such a beautiful shape. The veronica has the least classic shape, but is incredibly versatile. I would say, just go for the one that you think looks the nicest, because they will all work as all around boots.

07-07-2009
fashion insider

I have the Harness boots... they add something edgy to any outfit! And I wear mostly girly outfits, and it's perfect. I like mine in the 8R version.

09-07-2009
tfs star

why oh why oh why are my feet not size five's so I could buy these????

etsy.com

front row

I'm generally not a fan of frye boots, but those ^ are gorgeous (and not a bad price!)

Last edited by luluposh; 10-07-2009 at 09:53 AM.
10-07-2009
V.I.P.

would make a great summer boot.

29-07-2009
trendsetter

I have been in search of more pics of people wearing engineers and I found this pic in the Paris Streetstyle thread:
link to post since I couldn't hotlink the photo from imagebeam, it's the last pic in this post.

Is the girl wearing Frye engineers? Are those the 12R? I have been dreaming of getting myself some engineers for a while, maybe I will in the fall and I am trying to decide on the height. I think I'm leaning towards 12, but still not sure. I think 8R isn't "boot enough" for me and I already have tall flat black leather boots so I'm leaning away from the 15R too. First I was debating between gaucho and black, but although the gaucho is a gorgeous color, I think the black seems more authentic and will go with more of my wardrobe.

So anyway:
is she wearing fryes?
and if so are they 12R height?

TIA

edit again to add: ok, first I posted the pic and it didn't show up due to hotlinking. I thought it was me so I linked to the post. Then on the original post, when I click the thumb, it takes me to a broken link now! So I think it wasn't me but the link is broken but you can still see the thumb if you look at that post. Sorry it's so small now.

Last edited by pinksatin; 29-07-2009 at 02:45 AM. Reason: because pic didn't show up the first time
29-07-2009
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaneladdict View Post
why oh why oh why are my feet not size five's so I could buy these????

etsy.com
Wow those are perfect.
I've never seen them before, are they new?
What are they called? I couldn't find them on the Frye site...

29-07-2009
front row

pinksatin, I have the 12R and the girl's boots don't look quite like them. Mainly in the toe area. And hers have more creases around the ankle. The leather is sturdy on the Engineers. Mine don't crease that much.

Meg
inspired contemplation

I agree. I saw a pair of the men's engineer's however and the leather seemed a lot softer. Unless it was a new type of Engineer? Regardless, I think shaft height will depend on your own size. I think someone in this thread I documented my own debacle, where I settled on the 8R's, thought I couldn't find them and decided 12R was best, and accidentally ordered the 8R! I'm 5'2 and in the end, the 8R came to be exactly the shaft height I wanted (just below mid-calf.). If you take both of these things into account, I think you can understand the right height to get.

30-07-2009
tfs star

^There's a lot of different shoes that look like the engineers. I just saw a pair of Giuseppes that are basically a $1000, slightly glittery version of the 12Rs.

trendsetter

Thank you lady.stardust and Meg for your input. And it looks like someone has fixed their link because now I can see the original size pic (after editing my other post twice thinking it was me).

Anyway, I still am leaning towards 12R. I think I want them to hit about halfway between the top of my ankle and the bottom of my knee. I am 5'7" and I measured standing in bare feet that from the floor to the bottom of my knee is about 16.5". The taller boots I have go to about 2" below my knee so I think 15R would be too similar. And I'm afraid 8R will look too bootie-ish.

I don't know. Since I am in NYC right now for a summer internship maybe I will try to find a store that stocks them all and try them on to see. It's so hard to guess considering there is also a sole that changes how it looks and you don't know the proportions of people in pics.

trendsetter

I couldn't find what I wanted in a store so I ordered black 12R engineers and they came and I wore them yesterday. Blisters on my heels but that is to be expected. I can't get my foot into them with thick socks yet and I think moleskin would have curled up pushing my foot into them. So I only had thin anklets for protection. I got size 8 which is what I normally wear and they seem like a good size once my feet are inside, it is just passage to getting my feet inside that is really snug.

Also, I know they look much better worn in a bit (and feel better). But I decided not to stress them on purpose just incase I do something bad. I will just wear them in naturally. I am embarrassed walking around in them looking so new but I guess if I don't wear them because they look new, they will never get old looking will they?

12R is definitely the height I am happy with.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boots, frye