Frye Boots - Page 19 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
13-08-2009
rising star

What size would I be in the 8R Engineer boots? I normally wear 7.5 in most shoes but I am 7 in Fiorentini + Baker boots and a 7 in the Frye Harness boots. I have very narrow feet. I wanna order them online now but I really don't know which size to get.

Thanks for your help!

13-08-2009
trendsetter

I ordered mine online too but I went to bloomingdales to try on and they had no engineers but I tried the harness there hoping they would fit about the same. They did. I almost always wear 8. 8.5 was too big. 8 was hard to get into, but once I was in them I had a little room. I could not get into 7.5 at all despite a lot of effort. So I would go with the 7 if i were your and that is what you wear in the harness. I'm a little scared to give the suggstion though, this is my first pair so I'm not the most experienced with Fryes. Harness and engineer fit me the same, but I ccan't promise they will fit you the same too.

tfs star

so I was browsing my urban outfitters catalogue today and in there they had studded paiges....they were so yum. I had never seen those before, are they new?

fashion elite

Does anyone have pictures of themselves wearing the engineer boots and the sunny multi-strap (have they stopped making these?)?

12-10-2009
rising star

I bought 12' Harness Boots at a thrift store yesterday for $10! I couldnt believe I found a $218 pair of boots for only 10....I'm still in shock. Now, what to wear them with?

25-10-2009
V.I.P.

canadians! do you guys any store that carry them in downtown toronto?

im still waiting for the miracle to see them in a thrift store. i found a harness boots by harley davidson and theyre similar.

backstage pass

Hi emailme! I've seen frye boots at Capezio, Ron White and Urban Outfitters so far but I'm sure they have them at other locations too. Little Burgandy also has Frye boots. I believe Ron White has the biggest selection though.

25-10-2009
V.I.P.

thanks jaydotcee. im trying to check ron whits site and its not working.

anyway toronto has some small stores that carries billions of shoes and i dont remember their names. theres one near eaton centre, the street right outside forever 21 towards american apparel(sorry i have a horrible sense of direction).

i bought my dr martens there and they have a wall of converse shoes.

V.I.P.

ugh frye boots. I'm so tired of seeing people wear them here. They are way too overpriced for what they are. A girl in one of my lecture classes spend $300 on them, and I couldn't believe it. I wouldn't even give 50 for them

25-10-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

and? Frye is a classic brand. And actually one of the cheaper leather boot makers. If you don't like her boots fair enough but they make more than one style.

Those studded Paige's sound interesting...

25-10-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbabe09 View Post
ugh frye boots. I'm so tired of seeing people wear them here. They are way too overpriced for what they are. A girl in one of my lecture classes spend $300 on them, and I couldn't believe it. I wouldn't even give 50 for them
My Frye Engineers are about to go through their third winter. They're definitely not overpriced. Even though I got them for half price, I'd have no problem getting my next pair at full price considering how well they've held up.

V.I.P.

this might sound stupid but does the leather get wrinkly with wear? i like smooth leather and not the "rugged" look.

also regarding to the price, i would say they are worth it. people say they last long (3 winters is long) so cost per wear is reasonable. theyre also made in the US so the quality is more superb than say china.

i think you are just tired of seeing them on everyone. its like death by association and when everyone has them they loose their "cool" quality.

Last edited by emailme.; 25-10-2009 at 10:53 PM.
26-10-2009
I am half-sick of shadows

I bought my first pair of Frye's a couple of days ago...the Chelsea boot in black leather. I wore them for the first time yesterday and they were so comfortable...no rubbing, no blisters, and the cushioned sole was fantastic.

Sorry for the gush but I'm so happy to have a pair of really comfortable boots...

26-10-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

glad to hear the chelsea boots fit well! I've been contemplating them!

And emailme. I think it depends on the boot whether or not the leather 'wrinkles' or slouches. I have the engineer's and the leather is pretty thick and sturdy so I haven't really experienced that

26-10-2009
fashion insider

I'm having a really hard time breaking in my Frye Harness 8Rs... anyone have any tips?? I can't even wear them! The heel part hurts really bad... maybe I am a weakling, but I feel like I can't wear them cause they're too heavy for my feet.. haha

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boots, frye