How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-06-2004
trendsetter

ack, i think they're horrible, i hate uggs and i hate these too

14-06-2004
kabhi alvida

i think they're ok cos u can wear them under jeans too, but still debating whether to get them. But i like cowboy boots-worn properly, they can look cool.

backstage pass

I agree with softgrey. They'd be cute when worn in. Just like Dr. Marten boots, they're all stiff and weird looking when you get them but once broken in they're heaven. I'd wear them with a skirt and a big thick sweater in the fall.

14-06-2004
backstage pass

i got a pair. they look way better all beatup. i bought them about a year ago after seeing colin farrell wearing the same boots all the time.

14-06-2004
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally posted by impossibleprincess@Jun 13th, 2004 - 7:05 pm
not exactly the best pic but here's Posh Spice Victoria B in them:

http://www.vbsf.oneuk.com/1926.jpg
Looks bad....

flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by banana@Jun 14th, 2004 - 12:24 pm
I agree with softgrey. They'd be cute when worn in. Just like Dr. Marten boots, they're all stiff and weird looking when you get them but once broken in they're heaven. I'd wear them with a skirt and a big thick sweater in the fall.
i've done that...denim skirt looks best...and thick tights work well...i've seen girls pull thick wool socks up to their knees with them...this looks good too...definitleya rugged look, so probably not for everyone...

15-06-2004
V.I.P.

I love cowboy boots

Meg
inspired contemplation

I didn't think these were new On the other forum in which I post girls have loved them for a long time and a couple have vintage pairs that their mothers had from the 70's. I like them but agree with Softie that they have to be worn in. Vic. B's just look bad. meh.

15-06-2004
V.I.P.

I don't like the heel

Or the boot, for that matter

15-06-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by oceanharlot@Jun 13th, 2004 - 11:11 pm
I like them. I think they are kinda cute. I get sick pointy toes and stilettos... i like a little variety.

And I like Britney's cowboy boots. Esp since I've had the exact same pair since I was sixteen.
I like them too,

I had some similar ones made for me iin the Sancho factory in Spain about six years ago, but they are 100% python

I'm bored bored bored of pointy stilettoes, bring on the change!

15-06-2004
Proponent of Plaid

Well, I like these boots but they're hella expensive. You can get a similar pair of Docs for half the price, which I did this past winter. $100 is pretty much the cap of what I can spend on a pair of shoes.

I think these boots are good looking enough (pretty much the whole range) but are wickedly overpriced. You can get similar boots of excellent quality for less than half the price from Carolina, Red Wing, Caterpillar, Doc Marten, etcetera. There's probably some cowboy/western brand that does similar boots, too, for a more reasonable price.

No way in seven hells would I be paying $150-200 for a pair of workboots.

kabhi alvida

Quote:
I didn't think these were new On the other forum in which I post girls have loved them for a long time and a couple have vintage pairs that their mothers had from the 70's. I like them but agree with Softie that they have to be worn in. Vic. B's just look bad. meh.
No they're not new. Apparently they've been around since the American Civil War! But that's the point-they're the "it" item of the moment. Uggs have been around for ages, then Hollywood and the rest of the world discovered them.

backstage pass

They are expensive... I'm sure you could find similar ones cheaper. The only problem is that the winters here absolutely kill my boots. I have a pair of brown wedge heeled boots that need to be repaired because I wore them in the snow and I only bought them last year!

15-06-2004
Proponent of Plaid

I've been rockin' the same pair of Carolina lumberjack boots since 1998. Get you a pair of these and you will have them for ages. I just get them re-heeled upon occasion and keep wearin' 'em. My god, that was the best $90 I ever spent!

Frye's has a pair of very similar boots if you consider Frye's a "Must Have" brand, but you can get the same pair of boots for almost exactly half the price from Carolina Boots, and they last for freakin' ever. I walk a lot, wear them in the garden, have gotten them totally waterlogged biking in the rain, and generally abused the everloving snot out of them for the past six years, and if I just hit them with a little shoepolish and buff them up, they look as nice as you could ever want. They're worn in perfectly, so that they cradle the ankles. They are by far the best pair of shoes I ever owned.

elementary.

umm. i think they're unflattering.
they suit some people. not me tho
i have thin legs & i'd just look like an anorexic elephant

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boots, frye