How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-07-2011
trendsetter

I am looking to replace a pair of tall (but not OTK) flat black boots in my wardrobe and I think Frye is what I want to replace them with because of the quality and classic styles they make. I want to make my purchase through piperlime.com because I have rewards I could use there. The two styles they carry that I like the best are the Paige tall riding boot in black, and the Melissa Button boot in black.

I prefer the sleekness and lack of hardware on the Paige, but the extra flap at the top looks like it might be weird and on the reviews, some customers thought they were too wide and gappy in the shaft (so that makes me think they won't look so sleek). The Melissa looks like it will be narrower and more flattering through the calf, but I am not sure about the buttons. I can't zoom in on them well enough to see them and I'm afraid they might look to "cowboyish" or something when I really want a sleek, elegant, but practical boot. Do any of you who have these boots have a preference or any input to help me decide? Do you think the paige is wide or sloppy visually in the shaft? TIA! In both styles I like the rounded toe shape.

Also, I love the cuffed paige from post #243 but piperlime deosn't have them and I have like $100 of rewards to use there. There is the Dorado though too. I was thinking I might not like the pointier toe of the Dorado, and the buckles might be too much ornamentation but now I'm having second thoughts since the buckles are pretty small. It is almost like that cuffed paige!

Idk... if you have any advice or opinions I'd love to hear it, but I think with my indecisiveness, I will have to try to find them at a store in person to look at.

13-11-2011
V.I.P.

Just ordered my first pair of FRYE boots.
I have been craving these like...thre years.
Finally today, I online shopped them.
They are Frye engineer boots.
I cannot wate them to arrive.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boots, frye