Gianni Barbato - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
16-06-2006
V.I.P.

Gianni Barbato
Is anyone familiar with GIANNI BARBATO for women? How does his sizing run and are they as nicely made as they appear to be? Seem like he has some interesting takes on cowboy vintage boots.

22-06-2006
V.I.P.

I've never really liked his footwear. I don't understand what demands such a high premium. Maybe I just don't know any better. Besides, it's a must have for all the eurotrashy shops, such as Jeffrey - an additional turn off. IMHO, if you really want a quality sexy Italian shoe, Cesare Paciotti is a better option (I don't tihnk he does cowboy boots though).

22-06-2006
V.I.P.

Thanks, I know what you mean about the quality of his boots. A couple of years ago I ordered a pair from yoox and they were hideous. The leather was as thin as paper. I don't get the appeal either other than some of his stuff is interesting enough that it made me curious to try it again, but it helps to know that not much has changed in his manufacturing. I won't even bother going there, now that I got the Comme boots and they are really awesome, totally different I know, but they have more than satisfied my desire for new tough boots.

23-06-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme
Thanks, I know what you mean about the quality of his boots. A couple of years ago I ordered a pair from yoox and they were hideous. The leather was as thin as paper. I don't get the appeal either other than some of his stuff is interesting enough that it made me curious to try it again, but it helps to know that not much has changed in his manufacturing. I won't even bother going there, now that I got the Comme boots and they are really awesome, totally different I know, but they have more than satisfied my desire for new tough boots.
Oooh, I'm glad those fit. Aren't they swell?!

23-06-2006
V.I.P.

Yes, they are. Kind of remind me of Motocross boots. Very funky and different than anything else I own.

10-04-2009
front row

I'm a fan of his designs. I guess quality is relative but I'm planning on buying a pair of some heavy duty Gianni Barbato boots so I hope they hold up

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
barbato, gianni