How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Oria+Mar 19th, 2004 - 7:43 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Oria @ Mar 19th, 2004 - 7:43 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-luna@Mar 18th, 2004 - 3:03 pm
What makes these Havainas different from any other flip flop I can pick up at Duane Reade? I dont mean to sound ignorant this question, I'm just a flip flop addict.. and i really am just curious.
well I can tell you the flip-flops in the drug store do not last. My Havaianas I have had for years, and being a brasileira myself I can say that with ease. But in the end I would think its a matter of taste, some people like it some don't it is fine- but mines are adorned with beads and work well on the beaches all over the world [/b][/quote]
with beads??
wooohooooo, those are the ones im getting soon.
this shop here will stock them for the summer

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco

21-03-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by leyla m.+Mar 19th, 2004 - 3:41 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leyla m. @ Mar 19th, 2004 - 3:41 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Oria@Mar 19th, 2004 - 7:43 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-luna
Quote:
@Mar 18th, 2004 - 3:03 pm
What makes these Havainas different from any other flip flop I can pick up at Duane Reade?* I dont mean to sound ignorant this question, I'm just a flip flop addict.. and i really am just curious.

well I can tell you the flip-flops in the drug store do not last. My Havaianas I have had for years, and being a brasileira myself I can say that with ease. But in the end I would think its a matter of taste, some people like it some don't it is fine- but mines are adorned with beads and work well on the beaches all over the world
with beads??
wooohooooo, those are the ones im getting soon.
this shop here will stock them for the summer [/b][/quote]
yes all kinds of beads I do not like the ones without you will like them, and they are nice for the summer.

& b

I want the yellow ones Hboogie posted ...Im a havainanas freak

windowshopping

I LOVE HAVIANAS TOO! They last such a looong time. I saw that Henri Bendel had some, with the Swarovski crystals and without. The ones with the crystals were waaay too expensive tho, like around $120. Last summer I ordered some from eBay, and it was really easy. You might try there.. Just know what size to get first.

21-03-2004
Rebaptising my badness

Quote:
Originally posted by leyla m.+Mar 18th, 2004 - 6:28 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leyla m. @ Mar 18th, 2004 - 6:28 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-luna@Mar 18th, 2004 - 9:03 pm
What makes these Havainas different from any other flip flop I can pick up at Duane Reade? I dont mean to sound ignorant this question, I'm just a flip flop addict.. and i really am just curious.
the plastic is grainy and they are HAVAIANAS , straight out of brazil !

dont we all wanna believe we got some brazil in ourselves [/b][/quote]
Thanks for that!!!!
Being a brazilian, it's really flattering.

And, yes, Havaianas do last more than any other flip-flops. And they are great when you're swimming, they give the required stability to walk over wet surfaces. I used to have a red pair, but they went r.i.p. after some years. Now, I'm wearing acqua ones, just adorable.

I'm considering selling Havaianas on e-bay. Would I have you guys for customers?

Nemova

V.I.P.

yeah i cant wait for the next HAVAIANAS!
we do a lot of walking here and when its summer time we can even go clubbing in those.
for here "C'EST TRèS CHIC" to wear them anywhere

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
21-03-2004
& b

I wear them to go clubbing, they rock, but they suck when someone spills a drink on your feet ...

Im actually wearing a pair right now to go to work

tfs star

I Havaianas!

I have a pair in black, white, hot pink, orange, and electric blue

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by Alejandro@Mar 21st, 2004 - 10:11 pm
I wear them to go clubbing, they rock, but they suck when someone spills a drink on your feet ...

Im actually wearing a pair right now to go to work
You must go to some really nice bars. Most of the time I'm way too scared to have bare feet that close to the floor at a bar.

22-03-2004
& b

Well, even the hottest clubs down here are a terrible mess, honestly, I always end up with my feet all covered with cranberry juice, and a shitload of stuff that I don't even want to think of...and cause the VIP areas always tend to go even crazier, there is no control of those who are in those rooms

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I saw cute keyrings with a mini H flip flop on my trip to Melbourne, they were adorable

windowshopping

you can find Havaianas here.....

http://www.designsbystephene.com/cat_deborah.cfm

they have a large selection

29-04-2004
offline.

Deborah Evans for Havaianas

29-04-2004
backstage pass

Maybe its just me... but I think they look better without the studs and crystals

Thanks for posting luna

29-04-2004
offline.

I'm also not a fan... especially when the stones add 100 bucks to the price. I prefer my 3.50 Old navy flippies.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
havaianas, thread