How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-11-2004
rising star

I think any guy who has the nerve to walk in pulic in high heels, be it boots or shoes, has infinitly more courage than anyone I know!

I think boots are really sexy but with some scary heels around like what I see, I certainly wouldnt even try it.

Fear the water...

15-11-2004
rising star

last year i saw a SA in banana republic... he was wearing heels.
not cowboy heels, but heels that were made for women.
he was dressed extremely well - i doubt that anyone could pull it off, but for him, it worked pretty nicely.
and the heels were perfectly complementing his outfit.
aesthetically it looked perfectly OK,
but i couldnt stop staring at him
i guess it was weird for me bc ive never seen guys wearing heels.
but he looked good in them so thats all it matters

16-11-2004
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkmonkey@Nov 11 2004, 09:08 AM
I actually don't mind it at all - looks a bit 'beatnik' to me - you are certainly getting away with it!
[snapback]427141[/snapback]
I agree!

I've worn heels now for about three years due to an ankle injury whereby wearing flats simply means living in pain. By wearing heels, there is no pain.

When I first began, I thought everyone would think of me as some kind of freak, so I limited it to wearing heels only at home. After a couple months, my wife encouraged me to wear them when we went out on the town. I live in Vegas, and going out usually means a lot of walking, which is quite painful in flats.

After a few excursions involving little or no reaction, I realize that people either don't notice or don't care, and began wearing heels all the time.

I'm happy to say that what I thought would be an issue really isn't.

And after researching the history of heels, I've learned men wore them for 30 years before women adopted the fashion, that both men and women wore heels for about 200 years before it ceased being fashionable for men. It saw a brief resurgance in the 70's, and a slow climb in practice over the last 10 years.

Bottom line, it's no big deal, really, whether a guy decides to wear a shoe with a heel a couple inches higher than "normal." And if history is any guide, fashions always change!

16-11-2004
rising star

Amazing, I really applaud you for it!

Im pretty sure not msny people could get away ith it here, but then again I dont think I could dare try such an "adventure".

There seems to be a common feeling here thatAmericans are more open minded than us Brits are, but I find that they say the same thing in reverse about us so who knows? Certainly the boot cut/long trousers would help to cover the heel......

Fear the water...
16-11-2004
rising star

Although I possibly shouldnt ask this, are they all ankle boots that you have?

Fear the water...
16-11-2004
V.I.P.

I wonder whether these topics could be merged? http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/index...topic=16185&hl=

16-11-2004
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally posted by balacau@Nov 16 2004, 05:58 PM
Although I possibly shouldnt ask this, are they all ankle boots that you have?
[snapback]434441[/snapback]
Yes all ankle boots with varying heel heights. I have three pairs, all with a thick chunky heel and the highest ones I have are just over three inches.

16-11-2004
V.I.P.

Perhaps a merge is needed?
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/index...topic=16307&hl=

16-11-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Nov 16 2004, 12:58 PM
I wonder whether these topics could be merged? http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/index...topic=16185&hl=
[snapback]434442[/snapback]
Agree

16-11-2004
& b

Topics Merged

Guys, thank you so much, that inspires me into making a credit card dress and wear it

backstage pass

LOL. I remember years ago when the costume designer for Priscilla Queen of the Dessert wore some credit card dress to the Academy Awards. Classic.

16-11-2004
backstage pass

Flat shoes are hideously uncomfortable.

There was a lovely Jean Claude Jitrois ad with a man in a leather suit, and high heels sitting on a bed.

I believe it is still on their website.

2 inch minimum. And for girls 4 inch.

Charles Baudelaire
16-11-2004
rising star

The most I have seen guys wear heels is when they wear cowboy boots. Cowboy boots, even the older styles do have a heel of about 2 inches. Maybe you could look into those... There are also websites where you can have cowboy boots custom made, right down to the height of the heel. That way, you wouldn't have to deal with trouble finding heels that fit in the women's department since many women's shoes are very narrow. I myself have wide feet, and wear stingray cowboy boots. They give me enough of a lift to be comfortable, and feel much better than my BCBG flat heeled (barely any heel) boots.

16-11-2004
V.I.P.

I thought we were just talking about men wearing women's high heel shoes, stilettos or whatever. But if we're talking about cowboy boots and ankle boots, there's nothing abnormal about that at all. What men's dress shoe doesn't have a heel?

17-11-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by AlexN@Nov 17 2004, 07:04 AM
I thought we were just talking about men wearing women's high heel shoes, stilettos or whatever. But if we're talking about cowboy boots and ankle boots, there's nothing abnormal about that at all. What men's dress shoe doesn't have a heel?
[snapback]435240[/snapback]
why make a difference?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
heels, men