How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-02-2005
scenester

I think men should wear heels and try to squeeze their man feet into little tiny pointed shoes... this will give them a perspective of how much a woman has to go through in order to achieve a certain look. I know a girl who sprang her ankle 2 times because her bf likes to see her in 4inch stilletos...

I think not all woman look good in heels and vice versa not all man will look bad in heels, if it fits their style than go for it

15-02-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery
If there were a fundamental difference, a forensic investigator would be able to identify the sex of a corpse from the feet alone. They cannot.
there isn't fundamental difference. the only real difference between the feet of a man and the feet of a woman that i can come up with is the fact that the feet of a man are generally wider than those of a woman; nothing more.

15-02-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterchild
I think men should wear heels and try to squeeze their man feet into little tiny pointed shoes... this will give them a perspective of how much a woman has to go through in order to achieve a certain look.
i agree, but i detest pointed-toe shoes. i don't understand why so many women wear them. i much prefer a round toe

15-02-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
i agree, but i detest pointed-toe shoes. i don't understand why so many women wear them. i much prefer a round toe
Me too, and that has to do with the wide-foot bit, in my case. Actually, the whole reason forensics can't make a firm determination is just that the extremes of men's feet overlap the extremes of women's - it's quite true that there really is a distinct difference in the average sizes and shapes. Dammit!

17-02-2005
rising star

Amazing, I've been away for so long and this topic is still going strong

I have a few goth friends (male & female) who freely admit that they wear heels alot. I think its great when people can be open like that although I have witnessed alot of abuse hurled at such people before. Perhaps if there was not this risk of being verbally or physically abused, than you might see more males walking around in 5" heels? Who knows; but its certainly an interesting thing to ponder..................although I walk alot during my job so uhm..........I dont think I would even try it then :p

17-02-2005
Unveil Yourself....

Men generally have bigger toes too...and a bigger size than women...

twitter.com/ErikP87
17-02-2005
flaunt the imperfection..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry
I guess not everyone will like this pic, but I do. Not exactly something I would wear to the supermarket though.
listen honey...to each his own...
but that falls under the category of FETISH...not FASHION...

there a special websites for people like you...don't expect fashion people to jump for joy over your personal fetish...

it's NOT fashion...
and i'm sure it appeals to you for very different reasons..

this is a FASHION FORUM ...please stick to the subject matter...
if you have some sort of shoe fetish terry...then i think you may be in the wrong place...

17-02-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacori
Men and women walk differently, carry their weight differently, and have a different skeletal structure (in their hips for the most part) so yes, it does matter and shoes are made differently for men and women.
well-said...

*noting that there are always exceptions...certain main are very slight and may even have a smaller frame than some women...
but this is the exception...not the rule...

as i said earlier...if you cannot pull it off...i think you're best admiring someone who can...rather than attempting it yourself...

17-02-2005
windowshopping

My apologies if the pic has offended you softgrey. You are right; the pic does have a fetish look to it and after I posted it, I thought that it probably doesn't belong here. It was an impulsive post. I'd edit it out if I knew how. I guess it's that aspect of it because you said elsewhere:

-----
Originally Posted by Johnny
When you say "we" I assume that you mean "Americans". :p I mean lo fi trainers like converse or the shinny junya thingies that Helena showed you. I wasn't wearing women's flat shoes.

it' fun to imagine you in your comme outfit with a pair of high heels...
-----

I don't think it's a shoe fetish to post a man in heels in the Men in Heels thread. And if I've posted me in heels in What You Wore Today, well, so have other guys, so please don't give me a "people like you" thing. Maybe guys wearing heels is not "normal" but then, it wasn't too long ago that women wearing pants wasn't "normal" either.

I like heels, but I don't have a fetish any more than some other guys that post here, whose outfits you seem to like. I also like fashion in general. Give me some time to post other stuff.

Like you say:

judge not lest ye be judged...

18-02-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
*noting that there are always exceptions...certain main are very slight and may even have a smaller frame than some women...
but this is the exception...not the rule...
Hello,

I'm an exception. My height is 172 cm (quite normal), but my shoulder width ist only 40 cm! My feet are EU-size 40. This is the smallest size for men, but it was always a pain to find shoes that fit, they were all much too wide!

It took me years to realize that I have to buy in the womens department, the shoes there are perfect for my feet.

And of course, I can also get high-heels there

I'm wearing them about twice a week out in town, and i like it very much. The feeling of walking in them, the additional height, and of course the look.

I have to admit that it was a little difficult to integrate them in a nice and complete outfit for a guy. But I think I've done that well. People either don't bother, because they didn't notice anything unusual, or they look interested.

Axel

18-02-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry
My apologies if the pic has offended you softgrey. You are right; the pic does have a fetish look to it and after I posted it, I thought that it probably doesn't belong here. It was an impulsive post. I'd edit it out if I knew how. I guess it's that aspect of it because you said elsewhere:

-----
Originally Posted by Johnny
When you say "we" I assume that you mean "Americans". :p I mean lo fi trainers like converse or the shinny junya thingies that Helena showed you. I wasn't wearing women's flat shoes.

it' fun to imagine you in your comme outfit with a pair of high heels...
-----

I don't think it's a shoe fetish to post a man in heels in the Men in Heels thread. And if I've posted me in heels in What You Wore Today, well, so have other guys, so please don't give me a "people like you" thing. Maybe guys wearing heels is not "normal" but then, it wasn't too long ago that women wearing pants wasn't "normal" either.

I like heels, but I don't have a fetish any more than some other guys that post here, whose outfits you seem to like. I also like fashion in general. Give me some time to post other stuff.

Like you say:

judge not lest ye be judged...
a-i'm not offended
b-i never said anything about 'normal'...take a look back and see for yourself...
c-you said yourself that the pic is a fetish look...
d-please don't put words in my mouth...

i never said there was anything 'wrong' with men in heels...only that not all men can pull it off aestheically...HOWEVER...i also said that not all WOMEN can pull it off either...just because i called you out on your fetish photo...don't try to make me out to be something i am not... ...i think incorporating heels into an outfit is great if you can do it well...and i'm a big fan of men in skirts...

so what if i said that to johnny?...what's wrong with that?...it wasn't a disparaging remark...i said it was fun it imagine it...when did fun become bad?...you're just trying to twist what i said and i won't let you...SORRY!!!

if you are truly interested in fashion...great!...please post some fashion-related stuff...looking forward to it...

18-02-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajott
Hello,

I'm an exception. My height is 172 cm (quite normal), but my shoulder width ist only 40 cm! My feet are EU-size 40. This is the smallest size for men, but it was always a pain to find shoes that fit, they were all much too wide!

It took me years to realize that I have to buy in the womens department, the shoes there are perfect for my feet.

And of course, I can also get high-heels there

I'm wearing them about twice a week out in town, and i like it very much. The feeling of walking in them, the additional height, and of course the look.

I have to admit that it was a little difficult to integrate them in a nice and complete outfit for a guy. But I think I've done that well. People either don't bother, because they didn't notice anything unusual, or they look interested.

Axel
Actually, the smallest size for men is 39

18-02-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust
Actually, the smallest size for men is 39
Yes, you are right. I remember seeing some 39.
But the average shop starts with 40 where I live.

18-02-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
so what if i said that to johnny?...what's wrong with that?...it wasn't a disparaging remark...i said it was fun it imagine it...when did fun become bad?...you're just trying to twist what i said and i won't let you...SORRY!!!
No, sorry, you misunderstood. I mentioned that, not because I thought it disparaging, but because I thought it supportive of the idea, and was wondering about the dichotomy of remarks in this thread and the other, whether it was because the photo's fetishistic aspect and not heels in general. Sometimes it's hard to get your ideas (at least I've found it a problem) across in forums, as opposed to face to face conversations.

Peace?

Quote:
...and i'm a big fan of men in skirts...
I'd like to try this someday. I hope it doesn't generate too much flak if I do.

18-02-2005

sure...peace....
just don't confuse fetish with fashion...

good luck with the skirt...another hard look to pull off....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
heels, men