How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-04-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayoububba
Do you wear them out?
Certainly do !

The tan boots have seen the big wide world out there, once out to London to get some legal stationary, once with a honey-coloured skirt when I went round to my potential next-door neighbours to my new house, and once out with Fox and Heelfan a few days ago.

The blue Missonis are very delicate for lots of outside work, the soles are quite thin leather and will look clumpy if I put a pair of rubber soles on them. I suspect they will only get used on special occasions, like concerts where I can park the car fairly close by. The Aldo steel blue boots havn't been out yet, but I guess I will find some suitable time ..... maybe the trip to Amsterdam.

I might start showing off more of my legs sometime, but I have lumpy guys' knees, so I don't want to scare the horses too much !

Xa

28-04-2005
trendsetter

I'm with society on this one....

28-04-2005
rising star

Hello Xa,

great casual office outfit

Perhaps I should add some photo here too.. thats what I wore last weekend:

Nothing too sensational, but at least with some heels:

30-04-2005
windowshopping

hi, Ajott,

Yes, cool look, IMHO. I must admit that when I'm in trouser mode that's what I go for.

I know that guys wearing heels will never be mainstream, but I'm trying, along with others, to help people understand that the male heelies would like a slot in society where we can do our own thing without being accused of all sorts of sexual problems by idiots who don't seem to have a damn clue !

Xa

30-04-2005
Swim Upstream

enjoying the pics guys - keep them coming!!!!

30-04-2005
windowshopping

Hi, Helena,

Here's another pic that I had easily to hand.

Xa

30-04-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
enjoying the pics guys - keep them coming!!!!
Thanks for telling us, helena. It may take a while, but I'll continue posting when I've got something new and interesting.

BTW, I wonder if jj11, the starter of this thread is still here?

30-04-2005
rising star

I remember that last great pic, Xa. It was in hhplace under the subject "heels and farming-machines" or so...

Considering society and heels, I just don't think too much about it. Up to now I've not experienced anything bad. But sometimes I would like to know what people think when they see me on the street with high heels on...

30-04-2005
V.I.P.

ajott, great look!

01-05-2005
rising star

^Thanks travolta.
The whole outfit is from the womens department. I tried to combine the shoes with my normal mens clothes but this didn't work, it looked strange. So I took what is already designed to work with heels... I only had to take the jacket a bit in in the back, the front interestingly had no darts in the breast area (but the fabric is a little stretchy). And the trousers are the first ones that don't give me o-legs and they fit very well! (But I took them a size smaller than on top).

So I'm looking now for things that I can easily adapt to my male body because I don't find much male clothing in my size anyway... And a sewing machine is my best friend now...

02-05-2005
V.I.P.

...i think it's kool u guys wear heels they should be for everyone ne way

02-05-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
BTW, I wonder if jj11, the starter of this thread is still here?
Hi all yeah, im still here. not to keen on the whole skirt idea as well - I just like the feel of a heel and mens shoes just dont have them or they are really expensive and heavy. As posted in my original post my idea of the look is as in my original photo
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/myheels/fullpic.jpg

As I think in order of the idea of men wearing heels the look has to be acceptable and not too extreme. Such as long bootleg or flared type trousers with just a bit of the heel showing.
However, the other week my girlfriend and I were at a very posh dinner reception and as we're both the same shoe size she persuaded me to wear something like the ankle boot version of this in black.
http://www.kayslifestyle.co.uk/asset.../P1580KA04.jpg

I wore them with a shirt, long bootleg dress trousers and a jacket. The trousers just let a fraction of the heel show and as they were square toe they didnt look that wierd from the front and as I am small for a guy (5 foot 6) none really even noticed - apart from the people at my table when I sat down and all the girls loved it.

So what do you think of this idea... will it ever gain wide acceptance.

02-05-2005
rising star

^Nice that you are still around. Cool that you have the same shoe size as your girlfriend. Is she taller than you, then? (I like tall(er) women, another reason for heels)

If you like to cover your heels and/or don't want to get too much attention that's ok and it looks good too.
But I don't see why I should hide my nice heels only because I'm a male. I don't impose any boundaries on myself here. When wearing heels I always wear visible 4" and also wear stilettos. The only thing that's important for me is that the whole outfit looks ok and the shoes aren't out of place in it.
I have no problems with acceptance where I live. So far, no one has said "I don't accept that, put your shoes off!" to me

They should be for everyone as acester just said.

But I don't mind if other men don't want to follow. So it keeps being something special

02-05-2005
backstage pass

Here in fashion-starved New Mexico, I am as likely to be stared at if I'm wearing a suit and tie, as I am if I'm wearing jeans and heels. Maybe more so - the suit and tie are harder to miss!
It's entirely possible to integrate heels into an attractive outfit that is unquestionably male, but in my opinion, adding a skirt throws the image too far over to the female side. Even Vivienne Westwood seldom puts both together in her homme collections. J-P Gaultier, on the other hand...

03-05-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajott
^Is she taller than you, then? (I like tall(er) women, another reason for heels)
Yes, me too. The only problem is that many tall women don't like the idea of going out with a guy who is shorter than them and take it as an insult if a short guy asks them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajott
The only thing that's important for me is that the whole outfit looks ok and the shoes aren't out of place in it.
If you want to wear heels as a guy, this is VERY important

I hate the look of a poorly dressed guy whose only difference from all the other scruffy guys is to wear a pair of kinky heels. This looks positively pervy and does not do the cause of guys who want to wear heels any good at all.

Xa

Ajott .... I'll try and refresh the 'heels and diesel engines' pictures when I'm up at Calv's next time. Even though I say it myself, I still think the comment

The engine is 8.6 litres, the heels are 5"

Calv's bus, Xaphod's heels

was pretty darn good

Last edited by xaphod; 03-05-2005 at 04:53 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
heels, men