How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-10-2003
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by Acid@Oct 5th, 2003 - 12:35 pm
to be honest.....i dont think ive ever seen a woman who doesnt work in fashion who can walk in their shoes......its hideous when women walk like they are on the beach or something its the biggest turn off
let's see how well you can walk in heels...
but you do have a point, many women can't walk in heels at all, they sort of wobble.

06-10-2003
tfs star

Exactly NIKKA, you don't lift your foot much. Only the heel is really lifted hence the use/workout of the calf muscles.

06-10-2003
windowshopping

I'm uses to high heels. I never wear flats. I'm a shorty by nature so heels are my thing I noticed that for some shoes, especially the ones with slimmer higher heel, you need to walk as if you were tip-toeing. Most of the pressure should be going directly from your calf to the front of your foot (not your heel, I don't know what its called). Forget about balancing your weight on your heels, it should be directed to the front. When you walk, your legs need to be straight, hence why all the models, actresses' legs look so beautiful when they wear high heel. So good posture is definetly a must. Having the wrong posture can in the end, create unecessary pressure on your feet and your back. As someone else has already said, you need to "glide". You need to be more graceful in your steps when you wear heels compared to flat shoes or chunkier heels.

Oh and I forgot to add...... practice, practice, practice!

07-10-2003
trendsetter

I design shoes but haven't a clue how to tell you to walk in them. I always take a pair of tracks with me wherever I go, also practice but as someone said most shoes aren't made for walking. Wait let me stop while I'm ahead

rising star

ok, I did practice walking in the parking lot where no one was looking. Tried the catwalk style too but I think I looked funny...I feel like I'm bouncing.... will try practicing at home...

07-10-2003
windowshopping

nikka!!

If you work out how to walk let us know, i've been stuck in flat shoes forever, the pain of high- heels is just too much.... it's lucky flat shoes have come back in to fashion for the moment....

07-10-2003
chaos reigns

Quote:
Originally posted by NIKKA@Oct 7th, 2003 - 12:43 pm
ok, I did practice walking in the parking lot where no one was looking. Tried the catwalk style too but I think I looked funny...I feel like I'm bouncing.... will try practicing at home...
bouncing? I guess you were walking too fast, hun ...
no worries!

tfs star

Aww..you'll get it!You just need to break in the shoes and get used to walking in heels..I've never had a problem...I have crazy huge heels and my friends are still trying to figure out how I balance myself in them!!!*hehe*

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by kinugasa@Oct 7th, 2003 - 5:05 pm
nikka!!

If you work out how to walk let us know, i've been stuck in flat shoes forever, the pain of high- heels is just too much.... it's lucky flat shoes have come back in to fashion for the moment....
hands to face, and this from an aspiring shoe designer, dare you say pain and shoes in the same sentence. Hmpf! I'm taking your aspiring card away!

Just kidding LOL!! Tis a no no, but yes Nikka if you discover the tricks let us know, and fax your findings to all the top modeling agencies because some of those models really need to learn to walk in stilettos LOL!

Oh and practice, thats all I can tell you, thats how I learned and try and find shoes with lots of support and cushioning. So many shoes that are pretty are't made to support the arch or even the heels. Be weary and careful, you can still be beautiful with comfort. This is why I advocate actual shoe designers and not people who place their names on licensed deals that are "massed produced" in a country where the people make pennies to keep us looking good. Mind you the art is gone. I fully believe in paying people well for their services, which is why I save to buy good shoes, in or out of fashion.

Vision of Paradise

im a trainer girl, but when i wear heels i wear 4 inch heels i can walk fine but if im tipsy i get wobbly take longer even strides and keep your head up , maybe you have bad balance? i was in ballet so i can wear the super high and my balence can survive!! good luck

backstage pass

walking is okay after years of practice. but I can run very fast in high heels......(I don't know why??????) Probably I learned it running to catch my bus after work

Vision of Paradise

Quote:
Originally posted by nay-k@Oct 8th, 2003 - 1:03 am
walking is okay after years of practice. but I can run very fast in high heels......(I don't know why??????) Probably I learned it running to catch my bus after work
now that i cannot do

running in heels im scared to even try

backstage pass

Thats pretty easy. if the heels are tight... you only start to run. because your legs are longer with high heels you can make bigger steps and you run faster....
but it looks funny (especially if i cross a street with two steps...-flying)

etre soi-meme

well, i dont walk with high heels

since i started wearing flats & trainers (on my raver days)
I can only wear heels for no more than three hours in a time.

I adore them and love the feeling when I have them on
(i'm 1.76 so i get even taller with them) but i simply can't bear the
burden, so i dont wear them often

two seasons ago while covering the collections in paris,
i had high heel suede boots on for one 7hours running day
the terror, i came near to buy a pair of weird looking dutch felt slippers
and continue the shows wearing those. i was near to tears.
i wonder how all those fashion editors manage, i'm sure they have
flats or slippers waiting in their limos , taking short rests and foot
massage between rides for the shows

08-10-2003
backstage pass

your right lena......I know this pain....
my boyfriend and I do a lot of salsa dancing and sometimes I am wearing highheels 12 hours....
but if I keep on moving the pain is not as strong as it feels when I sit down....

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
heeled, high, shoes, walk