How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-10-2004
front row

I picked up some silver loafers from a thrift store for $2. They're a metallic silver, not dull or muted, and they're leather and in great condition. I don't know how to wear them though because I have never been a loafer kind of chick. Oh I should also mention -- The outer seams are like those of moccassins instead of that smooth rounded upper of a standard loafer.

They're shaped more like these than, say, these

So they're not as dumpy looking as most loafers but still, they're loafers all the same, and loafer generally != hip.

So please give me some ideas on what to pair them with to avoid that grandma's-dressing-up-a-little look.

edit: Oh yeah, and I had the idea of wearing them with some jeans that are sort of beaten up and this raglan sleeved concert tee shirt I have that is gray with royal blue sleeves. I want a few ideas though before I decide to keep them.

08-10-2004
stories everywhere

i LOOOVE funky loafers! I had a hot pink pair for a bit, but they were too small....

I wore them with jeans yeah... and like a super preppy top (like an oxford shirt with sweater vest) just to be funny (I mean the oxford shirt was turquoise and pink striped and the sweter vest kelly green...).

I got so many compliments. Super fun! I bet you could wear them with a denim mini and a bright top with tons of jewelry and look hot too!

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

What a steal, two bucks!?

The funky stuff is a good idea, but I tend to mix professional with casual/slightly off the wall things. If I had these loafers, I'd wear them with a pair of pinstriped cropped pants I have, and a crisp, sexy white button down shirt. Mmm hmm.

front row

I guess they'd look good with jeans and any top.. I'd wear some silver jewellery to tie it all together.

I love the way silver looks with brown. Maybe jeans, a brown top and silver jewellery.

08-10-2004
front row

How about with black tights, tweed mini, black turtleneck, and a mock croc bag ?

So she's pulling out the pin

- Elvis Costello
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
shoes, silver, wear