How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-12-2004
front row

A good friend of mine has shoes similar to these which she bought in Ireland about a year ago. Apparently all the scene kids over there had them. I don't really care about the trend or if it passed. I've just been admiring them since she got them, but couldn't really find anything similar. No, my question...do you think they would work for large calves? Not particularly short calves, just a large circumference. I couldn't find any measurements on the boots themselves. I'd try my friend's on, but she wears a 7.5, where I wear an 8.5...so it's just too much of a difference to tell with any accuracy. I also know that brands vary.

Here is the link to the shoes...

http://www.lovemyshoes.com/products2.cfm?I...hooser=category

Emily

Grr, I know I sound so lame. I hate my chunky legs...I'd try the darn things on if I could!

07-12-2004
offline.

I've got big calves from playing sports and dancing my whole life.. so I feel the pain of chunky calves... the sad thing about those is that it'll just accentuate the thickness of your legs... no heel either... oooof!

Maybe if it had a heel it'd be better

07-12-2004
front row

I *heart* how you answer my posts, even if it is because you take pity on me because I"m poor and fashion impaired...

Emily

07-12-2004
V.I.P.

I've no clue about the calves issue, but I think that the solution might be quite simple. I'm not sure whether you have the brand there, but I've seen nearly identical boots at Aldo. I imagine the general popularity of the style would mean that there are likely similar ones at most mall stores. Maybe take a look, and try some on.
These are from Aldo, Urban Outfitters and Zappos...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg similar2.jpg (21.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg similar3.jpg (9.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg similar4.jpg (9.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg boots.jpg (22.5 KB, 23 views)

07-12-2004
offline.

Quote:
Originally posted by miserylovescompany@Dec 7 2004, 08:44 PM
I *heart* how you answer my posts, even if it is because you take pity on me because I"m poor and fashion impaired...
Emily
[snapback]455501[/snapback]

I don't take pity on you and I don't think you're fashion impaired..

I can just relate to the situation. I, too have seen these boots and have liked them.. I saw a girl with rather large calves wearing them... they didn't look right...

But who knows.. they might suit you just fine... try to find a similar pair and try them on!

07-12-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Dec 7 2004, 09:17 PM
I've no clue about the calves issue, but I think that the solution might be quite simple. I'm not sure whether you have the brand there, but I've seen nearly identical boots at Aldo. I imagine the general popularity of the style would mean that there are likely similar ones at most mall stores. Maybe take a look, and try some on.
These are from Aldo, Urban Outfitters and Zappos...
[snapback]455525[/snapback]

I like the third one

07-12-2004
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Quote:
Originally posted by luna@Dec 7 2004, 08:02 PM
I've got big calves from playing sports
[snapback]455473[/snapback]
luna, you and me both. I've got Britney Spears legs.

front row

Quote:
Originally posted by Erin@Dec 7 2004, 10:30 PM
luna, you and me both. I've got Britney Spears legs.
[snapback]455613[/snapback]

AHHH. That's it! She just adds a lot of muscle in the calves easily. I think she looks just fine in short skirts though! She inspires me a bit to that effect.

I have mixed feelings on how she looks now BTW. Either she's just content with herself enough to let her guard down...or she's let herself go because she's depressed. :/ She's rebelling against her old image, perhaps?

Emily

07-12-2004
Meg
inspired contemplation

I think you'd have to try them on to see if the looked alright or not but in terms of size, these boots are usually made to be slouchy so they should fit better than the average boot.

08-12-2004
front row

When I started to see strechy boots come out, I went insane. I've always admired knee high boots, but like most of the ones who responded here -- I've got big calves... high heeled knee highs camaflouge the calves well.

I love these, but I bet dollars to donuts I'd look like an amazon woman or something:

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/index...e=post&id=34004

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
love, shoes