How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Shoes, Shoes, Shoes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-04-2007
backstage pass

Lack of choice for small feet
Why is it so much easier to find clothes in a US size 00P than it is to find shoes smaller than size 6 US? Many brands have either stopped carrying anything smaller than a US 6 or orders few of them. And if you're smaller than a 5, you're pretty much dead, unless you buy online (where you can't try it on) or at a specialty shop (which are harder to find). Isn't this a form of discrimination?

15-04-2007
Noblesse oblige

I guess the small shoes aren't produced because it wouldn't be profitable. You don't tell what shoes you are looking for, but you will find beautiful vintage shoes in 4.

15-04-2007
rising star

A girlfriend of mine has very tiny feet. She spends less on shoes because she can fit the upper end of the children's sizes. There are actually some pretty cute children's shoes that an adult can pull off.

15-04-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn
A girlfriend of mine has very tiny feet. She spends less on shoes because she can fit the upper end of the children's sizes. There are actually some pretty cute children's shoes that an adult can pull off.
Kids' sizes are great for casual flats/gym shoes, but getting something dressy or for work is next to impossible, even at Asian stores. A professional woman wants to be taken seriously, and in order to do so, she must look the part of a serious woman. Wearing kids' shoes does not and will never make her look serious.

15-04-2007
Press escape to continue.

If you look online for shoe makers (Argentina, Spain, Italy...), you can usually send outlines of each of your feet to the shoe maker to ensure that you have a proper fit.

There are lots of dance shoe makers who can provide you with a wide variety of interesting shoes. I can't see what country you are in so it's a little difficult to be more helpful. Perhaps you can find local shoemakers who make dance shoes?

I second the recommendation to shop for vintage shoes. I am often biting my lip that I don't have a tiny foot when I see some of the stunning vintage shoes... If you can find a really good shoe repair shop, it's pretty easy to maintain a wide variety of vintage shoes.

Good luck!

V.I.P.

I sometimes have problem with finding shoes that are narrow enough. I have regulally sized feet (38-39 EU, 5˝ UK), but mine are very narrow and still quite small. I find Italian shoes are the best for me, so I recommend them to all problems relating to finding smaller shoes of any kind.

Hopefully you will find nice shoes of your size! I know it can be frustrating. I have a friend who has an opposite problem --- her feet are unusually large for females. It's hard for her to find shoes that don't look like canoes in her feet, and many brands don't even run her size.

In Bloom

I have really small feet as well. Sometimes I can buy a US size 6 and not having the shoes fall off my feet. But I am a size 5. That sucks SO hard. It is so hard for me to find a size 6 that fits.

we were in love

18-04-2007
fashion insider

Go check out vintage stores, they ALWAYS have cute, dainty, and adorable shoes that only look good in size five. Vintage stores are a must if you do not mind.

unknown
18-04-2007
V.I.P.

I wish I wore a size 5. I can only wear a size 5 in athletic shoes wearing socks & I can wear a 5 in a slingback dress shoe if it is a buckle type that can be tighted otherwise I need a size 4! Its really horrible because I need to go to kids sizes so its impossible for me to find heels. I have one pair of vintage heels that I got lucky with but even in vintage I have a hard time.

Last edited by Tiffany7; 18-04-2007 at 06:26 PM.
19-04-2007
TNF
front row

Another problem: Lack of choice for SKINNY feet(/ankles/legs). In the length, I have a regular size, but there's still almost nothing that fits.

I like boots (instead of sneakers and other shoes with laces) and that's a real problem.

Last edited by TNF; 19-04-2007 at 08:32 AM.
19-04-2007
backstage pass

a friend of mine have small feet and she gets her footwear from either Hong Kong or Japan!!!

19-04-2007
trendsetter

how does she get her footwear from Japan? i have the same trouble.. designers shoe are the only ones that do small shoes!

19-04-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocodolce
a friend of mine have small feet and she gets her footwear from either Hong Kong or Japan!!!
I was in Hong Kong in late 2005 and I'd say that they generally start at size 5, though some stores will have 4s. I'd say that being a size 5 in Hong Kong is like being a 6 in North America.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
choice, feet, lack, small